|Occupation||Mentor, Victor & Tribute|
|Home||Victors' Village in District 1|
|Portrayed by||Stephanie Leigh Schlund|
- "I'm sorry. I just can't stop crying."
- ―Cashmere during the victor interviews[src]
The victor of the 64th Hunger Games, Cashmere was reaped along with her brother, Gloss, for the third Quarter Quell. She and Gloss both won the Hunger Games in consecutive years when Katniss was younger. She spent some time with Katniss during training making hammocks, and it is implied that she and her brother were friends with some of the other tributes.
75th Hunger GamesEdit
In Catching Fire, Cashmere is first seen at the Reaping in District 1, where she and her brother, Gloss, are reaped to compete again. They both smile proudly and hold hands. Cashmere wore a black jacket with silver cuffs and skinny orange pants with a red pattern on them.
TrainingEditCashmere trained with her brother at the knife throwing station, where they together eliminated two targets, with only one throw. Katniss said she received a very high score after her private session with the Gamemakers. Katniss also made hammocks with Cashmere and Gloss in the Training Center, where she describes them as polite but cool.
During Cashmere's interview with Caesar Flickerman, she makes a speech about how she cannot stop crying when she thinks about how the residents of the Capitol must be suffering with the thought of the loss of 23 victors. This is her way to show how betrayed the victors feel about going back to the arena. Katniss is disgusted by Cashmere's faking, but understands when Haymitch explains to her that the tributes would do anything to stop the games. But before the interview, she told Katniss that she looks ridiculous in her wedding dress. She wore a short sequined silver and pink dress. After Peeta's interview, she then willingly joined hands with the other victors to show their unity against Capitol.
During the GamesEdit
Cashmere and her brother proved to be a real threat along with Enobaria and Brutus. She stood on the pedestal by Katniss in the film. She and the other three Careers in their alliance took to the Cornucopia shortly after Finnick, Mags, Katniss and Peeta make their leave. She managed to kill off Seeder by throwing a knife at her neck. She was able to get throwing knives, a combat knife, and a sword from the Cornucopia, and then retreated to the jungle to re-group with the other careers. In the film, Katniss sees Cashmere wielding a sword while assembled in the career pack at the Cornucopia bloodbath.
DeathEditOn Day 2 of the Games, the Careers managed to sneak up on Katniss, Finnick, Peeta, Beetee, Johanna, and Wiress who were strategizing at the Cornucopia. Gloss managed to slit Wiress' throat, causing Katniss and Johanna to attack. In the book, Cashmere comes out the of the water surrounding the Cornucopia and it seems that Cashmere plans to attack Katniss with a knife in revenge for killing her brother, but Johanna swings an axe deeply into Cashmere's heart, killing her shortly after Katniss killed Gloss. In the film, her dead body is thrust into the water as the Cornucopia spins. She was placed 10th out of 24.
Due to the fact that Cashmere was a Career Tribute, it is likely she killed many tributes during her original Hunger Games. In the film she killed Seeder by throwing a knife to her neck and almost killed the District 9 Male at the Bloodbath
- "There's the classically beautiful brother and sister from District 1 who were victors two consecutive years when I was little."
- ―Katniss on Gloss and Cashmere.[src]
Cashmere and her brother Gloss were both described as being classically beautiful. She was noted to have long blonde hair, cascading in curls. It is probable that she and Gloss were physically stronger than most of the other victors, being relatively young and from District 1. It should be noted that it is implied that Cashmere was a victim of prostitution by President Snow, alluding to her physical attractiveness.
It is implied that Cashmere shared a resemblance to another District 1 tribute, Glimmer, with her green eyes and flowing blonde curls, though this may be because in District 1 this is fairly common.
PortrayalEditStephanie Leigh Schlund portrayed Cashmere in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- It is possible that Cashmere and Gloss were the mentors to Glimmer and Marvel from the 74th Hunger Games.
- In the film, Cashmere was shown to have a skill in balancing pointed weapons, such as a knife, in her hand with no problem.
- Cashmere and Gloss are the only known brother and sister who have won the Hunger Games.
- Cashmere was the only District 1 tribute from the 74th & 75th Hunger Games not to be killed by Katniss, as Cashmere was killed by Johanna Mason.
- Additionally, she is the only known District 1 tribute to not be killed by a District 12 tribute. Glimmer, Gloss, Marvel, and the District 1 female (50th HG) were killed by Katniss and Haymitch Abernathy, respectively.
- Enobaria, Gloss, Cashmere and Finnick Odair consecutively won the 62nd, 63rd, 64th and 65th Hunger Games respectively.
- Cashmere is the last female to ever die in a Hunger Games.
- Stephanie Leigh Schlund, Cashmere's portrayer, revealed in an interview that Cashmere's parents are extremely hard on her and her sibling(s).