|Home||Victors' Village in District 8|
|Weapon||Sword, Throwing Knives|
|Portrayed by||Elena Sánchez|
Katniss Everdeen stated she was about 30. Victor of the 58th Hunger Games, Cecelia was reaped for the third Quarter Quell.
75th Hunger GamesEdit
Cecelia was reaped to be the female tribute for the third Quarter Quell. She had to tear off her three children who refused to let her leave at this time. Katniss remembered later in the game that Cecelia's three children clung to her when she was taken. Effie Trinket expressed dismay and commented "Oh, not Cecelia" when she was reaped for the third Quarter Quell. This indicates that Effie feels sympathy towards Cecelia because she's the mother of three small children.
In the books, she wasn't described during the chariot rides. In the film adaption, we can see her behind the District 10 tributes when Finnick comes to talk to Katniss. Cecelia is seen wearing a long black dress with large white wires on her shoulders.
In training, it is revealed that her fellow tribute from District 8, Woof, stayed fairly close to her. They eventually invited Katniss to the bug station, who tried asking them about the uprising in District 8, but changed her mind at the last second. Her motherly instincts caused Katniss to want to become her ally. She received a score of 9, for her skills in throwing knives.
Cecelia's outfit seems to be a grinding combination integrating red and black with design circulars in the interviews. Cecelia joined hands with the other twenty-three tributes as a sign of rebellion in the interviews.
DeathEditCecelia was killed in the initial Cornucopia bloodbath. She was stationed on the pedestal next to the District 10 male. She arrived shortly after Katniss and Finnick had left to go get Peeta. She grabbed a sword and found Enobaria inside the cornucopia. She swung her sword at Enobaria's head but she ducked swiftly. Enobaria quickly grabbed the back of Cecelia's head and threw her into a crate. Enobaria grabbed the sword and stabbed Cecelia in the leg; she tried to do it again but Cecelia ripped the sword away. Enobaria slapped Cecelia across the face, but Cecelia punched and kicked Enobaria brutally, as did Enobaria to Cecelia. Cecelia fought with Enobaria over the sword, until Enobaria stabbed the sword into her chest, killing her. She placed 19th in the games. In the film she survived for 5 minutes 2 seconds.
Katniss was dismayed by her death and grieves for her, the male morphling and Seeder later that night. She remembers Cecelia's removal at the time of the Reaping.
Cecelia had three children at home by the time of the third Quarter Quell who were very upset to see their mother going into the Games. The children's names and gender are unknown. The father or fathers of those children as well as her husband if any are also unknown.
Cecelia was described as being around thirty or so, and was one of the younger victors. She has a very motherly physique.
- Cecelia is the only known victor who had children before the end of the Hunger Games. Katniss and Peeta had two children after the war.
- Effie seems to have pity for her and she was the only victor who seemed to have this affection from Effie, apart from Katniss and Peeta.
- In the film, Cecelia seems to be elsewhere during the interview. She doesn't raise her arms completely and her face was deeply sad, undoubtedly because she knew she would not survive to see her children again.
- It's presumed she wants to protect her children from their Hunger Games reaping, which is why she participates in the bloodbath, trying to protect the Mockingjay from the Careers. That would go with her maternal behavior which Katniss describes.
- In the film, neither Cecelia nor Woof are seen during the Fallen broadcast on the first night of the Games, as their faces are replaced with Katniss, Peeta, Finnick, and Mags' saddened expressions towards the deceased.
- It was discovered from a leaked photograph from the Mockingjay set of names of victors from various districts. One of these reveals that Cecelia's last name is Sánchez, the same as her actress. The design of the podium as well as the use of the actress's last name as the character's match up with what the film makers did with Mags.
- It is revealed in one of the pillars from a photograph of the Mockingjay set that Cecelia is the most recent victor from District 8.