Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Katniss Everdeen, the girl who was on fire, burns on."
- ―Claudius Templesmith[src]
Claudius is described to have a large, booming voice (as quoted by Katniss Everdeen) and a sense of superiority. During the 74th Hunger Games, Claudius, for the first time, spoke in a panicked voice, as Katniss and Peeta faced the Capitol with suicide. Claudius usually announces invitations to feasts, and always ends his sentences with the slogan for the Games, "And may the odds be ever in your favor!"
Announcements in the 74th Hunger Games
- “Ladies and gentlemen, let the 74th Hunger Games begin – and may the odds be ever in your favor!”
- The announcement about the new rule, under which if two tributes from one district are the last ones left standing, they will both be declared the victors.
- Inviting Katniss, Peeta, Cato, Clove, Thresh, and Foxface to the Feast. “Now hold on. Some of you may be declining my invitation. But this is no ordinary feast. Each of you need something desperately. Each of you will find that something in a backpack marked with your district number, at the Cornucopia, at dawn. Think hard about refusing to show up. For some of you, this will be your last chance.”
- “Greetings to the final contestants of the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games. The earlier revisions have been revoked. Closer examination of the rule book has disclosed that only one winner may be allowed. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!”
- (Frantically) “Stop! Stop! Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to present the victors of the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark! I give you the tributes of District Twelve!"
- In The Hunger Games film, Claudius does not say "Ladies and gentlemen, let the 74th Hunger Games begin- and may the odds be ever in your favor!"
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Claudius is only heard once, at the start of the Quarter Quell, with a variation of his usual opening line: "Let the 75th Hunger Games begin – and may the odds be ever in your favor!" however, as in the previous film, in the film version of Catching Fire he is shown sitting with Caesar Flickerman at the presentation of the tributes. Claudius is once again very taken by Katniss and Peeta's flaming costumes, chucking to Caesar and saying jokingly, "Whoa-fire in the house!"