- "The gentle lowing of cattle is the first thing a visitor to District 10 hears. This region raises strong, healthy livestock, which becomes the meat that helps us raise strong, healthy children of Panem."
- ―Description from The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide[src]
District 10 is one of the poorer of the thirteen districts of Panem. Its main industry is livestock, and provides beef for the Capitol. Since they are in charge of livestock, it can be assumed that the majority of District 10 is farmland.
Some jobs in District 10 include:
- Barn Manager
Known tributes Edit
- District 10 female (74th HG) - Died during the first day (bloodbath).
- District 10 male (74th HG) - Died during the eighth day (unknown).
- District 10 female (75th HG) - Died during the first day (bloodbath).
- District 10 male (75th HG) - Killed by the "beast" or a tidal wave on the second day.
Dalton, a refugee from District 10, made it on foot to District 13 a few years before Katniss Everdeen did. He leaked the real motive of District 13's kindness to Katniss, which was using the refugees as new a breeding stock, due to a pox epidemic that killed many of the District 13 natives and left most of the survivors infertile. Dalton also presided over Finnick and Annie's wedding. He isn't mentioned in the war.
- In the 74th and 75th Hunger Games, both female tributes died during the Cornucopia bloodbath, while the male tributes survived a bit longer, but then later died from an unknown cause.
- Even though District 10 is a poor district, it is not as poor as District 11 and District 12.
- The wedding ceremonies in District 10 are similar to the ceremonies in District 4, shown when Dalton presided over the wedding of Finnick Odair and Annie Cresta.
- Dalton is the only named person from District 10.
- In the 74th and 75th Hunger Games, this was one of the two districts to have absolutely no named tributes. The other district is District 9.