|District 10 male|
|Age||12-18 (novel), 18 (film)|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Jeremy Marinas|
The 74th Hunger GamesEdit
Tribute ParadeEditIn the film, the boy from 10 was first seen in the Tribute Parade with his district partner, the girl from 10, wearing golden cowboy hats, shirts, and pants, representing the people from his district who herd livestock. Later, when the chariots are parked, he and his partner are seen in the background, behind Katniss and Peeta's chariot, talking to each other.
In the film during training, he was shown practicing with a baton against a trainer, dodging and hitting each other's weapons as Katniss watched, impressed. On the scoreboards, his odds of winning were shown to be 15-1, so his training score was most likely a 6-7. During training after Peeta throws the medicine ball, he and the male from District 5 are seen in the background looking doubtfully at the Career tributes.
Cornucopia Bloodbath EditIn the film, he participated in the Cornucopia bloodbath and fought for supplies. He was on a pedestal left of the District 3 female's pedestal and right of Peeta Mellark's pedestal before the Games began. He is then shown on the screens before the Games start along with Foxface and the District 5 male, with the Capitol chanting at the screens. Like most of the tributes did when the Games began, he ran towards the Cornucopia in hope for supplies and weapons.
In the film, he runs into the Cornucopia to gather supplies. However, Marvel confronts him with a throwing axe and swings it at him, but he dodges successfully. Glimmer also tries to kill him, jabbing her knife at him as he lays on crates to dodge. He is shown to have escaped as he was seen by Katniss running away from the bloodbath, crashing through the forest. Katniss then runs away in the opposite direction.
The District 10 male managed to survive until the eighth day of the Games, where he was killed early in the morning, most likely from starvation, the Careers, or the Gamemakers. He placed 10th out of 24. In the film, his death was mentioned by Rue to Katniss, who had been asleep for the past two days. In the book, however, Katniss and Rue are awakened by the cannon signaling his death on the morning they sabotage the Careers' food supply.
In the film, when Gato was attacking the District 6 male, he grabbed a yellow bag and attempted to run away with it. However, as he tried to run passed Cato, the career tribute swung a machete toward him, slashing across his chest, knocking him onto the ground, where he bleeds to death. His corpse is the second shown.
In the novel, like all the other fallen tributes, his DNA was mixed with a wolf creating a vicious wolf-like muttation which was part of the pack that attacked the last three tributes at the Cornucopia. It is unknown whether or not his mutt survived the battle.
Film portrayalEditThe District 10 male was portrayed by Jeremy Marinas in The Hunger Games film.
- In the film, the tribute boards show that the boy from 10 weighs 165 pounds and he is 18 years old.
- At the Cornucopia, the only item the boy from 10 got was a yellow bag, which was stolen by the tribute girl from District 6. .
- In the film, Katniss never took note of the District 10 male, as he doesn't appear to have a crippled foot, which he does in the novel, and this can be proved as he did run to the Cornucopia at the beginning of the Games.
- The District 10 male, along with Thresh and the film version of Cato, was the oldest of all the tributes in the 74th Hunger Games, being 18 years old.
- The District 10 male, along with the film version of both Cato and Trash, were the physically largest of all the tributes in the 74th Hunger Games.
- In the film, he dies twice. He was used as an extra death at the Cornucopia (since some tributes were not present during shooting), and he is also seen fleeing into the woods the same time as Katniss. Rue also said that he died around the same time that Glimmer died.
- He is seen fighting with various tributes in the bloodbath. He fights with Cato, Glimmer and Jason.
- He placed 10th out of 24.
- In the arena , he wore a foie- gras grey jacket.