74th Hunger Games
In the film, the boy from 10 was first seen in the Tribute Parade with his district partner, wearing golden cowboy hats, shirts, and pants, representing the cowboys and cowgirls from District 10. Later, when the chariots are parked, he and his partner are seen in the background, behind Katniss and Peeta's chariot, talking to each other.
During training, he was shown practicing with a baton against a trainer, dodging and hitting each other's weapons as Katniss watched, impressed. After Peeta throws the medicine ball, he and the District 5 male are seen in the background looking doubtfully at the Career tributes. He is also seen in a brief footage wrestling with the District 6 male
Cornucopia BloodbathIn the novel and film, the District 10 male survived the initial Cornucopia Bloodbath, but is seen being killed by Cato.
Like majority of the tributes, he ran to the Cornucopia for supplies. He grabs a yellow sleeping bag, but the District 7 male and the District 6 male charges at him in opposite directions. He quickly pushes the District 7 male back and elbows the District 6 male in the chest. The District 6 female steals the bag from his hands, while Glimmer comes from behind, pulls her hair, and shoves her away from him, causing him to lose his bag. After Glimmer kills the District 6 female, he collides with her and took the bag away from her. Glimmer pins him to a crate to stab him, but fails. He is confronted by Marvel, who swings his axe to slash him, but he successfully dodges. He is later seen running in the forest carrying bag, while spotted by Katniss, who runs the opposite direction.
DeathThe District 10 male managed to survive until the eighth day of the Games, where he was killed early in the morning, most likely from the Careers. He placed 10th out of 24. In the film, his death was mentioned by Rue to Katniss, who had been asleep for the past two days. In the book, however, Katniss and Rue are awakened by the cannon signaling his death on the morning they sabotage the Careers' food supply. In the film, he continued to live until after Glimmer died.
In the novel, like all the other fallen tributes, his DNA was mixed with a wolf creating a vicious wolf-like muttation which was part of the pack that attacked the last three tributes at the Cornucopia. It is unknown whether or not his mutt survived the battle.
- In the film, his odds of winning were 15-1.
- In the film, the tribute boards show that the boy from 10 weighs 165 pounds and he is 18 years old.
- In the film, Katniss never took note of the District 10 male, as he doesn't appear to have a crippled leg, which he does in the novel, and this can be proved as he did run to the Cornucopia at the beginning of the Games.
- In the film, he dies twice. He was used as an extra death at the Cornucopia, and he is also seen fleeing into the woods the same time as Katniss. Rue also said that he died around the same time that Glimmer died.
- He is seen fighting with various tributes in the bloodbath. He fights with Glimmer, the District 6 male and the District 6 female
- In the arena, he wore a beige grey jacket.
- He, Foxface, Rue, Thresh and the District 3 male were the only tributes alive at the time when Katniss dropped the nest not known to be stung by tracker jackers.
- He and the District 10 male from the 75th Hunger Games are similar because they both died after a District 1 female tribute was killed. They also both outlived their district partners, then later died to an unknown cause.