- "Panem is one of the most advanced nations in mankind's history, thanks to the efforts of District 3. Its computers keep us all connected and its electronic gadgets keep us all entertained."
- ―Description from The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide[src]
District 3 is one of the 13 districts in Panem. Its main industry is technology. They specialize in televisions and computers. In Catching Fire during the Victory Tour, Katniss notices that this district, along with District 8 and District 4, shows the most happiness to see her, suggesting that they are one of the more rebellious districts. It is implied in Catching Fire that their citizens lived in abject poverty, as they were one of the first districts to start an uprising. Most of its inhabitants work in factories and are very well adept with engineering.
JobsEditSome jobs in District 3 are:
- Technical support
- Assembly operator
- Electronic installation
- Experimental physicist
According to the Capitol.pn, most of the population works in five main jobs those being:
- Technical Support
- Assembly Operator
- Wiress - Victor of 38th Games, 75th Hunger Games. (a Quarter Quell), died during the second day.
- Beetee - Victor of 35th Games, 75th Hunger Games. (a Quarter Quell)
- Unnamed District 3 boy - 74th Hunger Games. Died during the eighth day.
- Unnamed District 3 girl - 74th Hunger Games, died during the first day (Bloodbath).
- Tributes from District 3 tend to be extremely good at creating and using electronics, as displayed by Beetee as he became a victor by utilising his knowledge and skill with electrical devices.
- Both the tributes in the 74th and 75th Hunger Games, who didn't die in the bloodbath, died at the hands of a Career. This excludes Beetee as he's currently alive.
- While the District 3 female did not make it far in the 74th Hunger Games, dying in the bloodbath, the male was electronically skilled and he proved that to the Careers by moving and then rearming the landmines used to prevent tributes stepping off the pedestals before the official start of the games.
- The bread from this district is bite-sized square-shaped rolls.
- Before The Dark Days, District 3 was one of the more wealthy Districts, however it was crippled by the uprising (in which it presumeably played an important role) and living standards decreased.
- According to The Hunger Games Adventures, District 3 is located directly to the west of District 12.
- According to the Capitol.pn, District 3 has twelve factories in operation, and a population of 193,354, making it one of, if not the largest, districts in Panem in terms of population.