|District 3 male|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Ian Nelson|
74th Hunger GamesEdit
In the film, the District 3 tributes wore silver costumes to represent the inner workings of electronic devices during the Tribute Parade.
He was first seen in the Training Center working with a trainer to create a fire, and quickly backing away when the fire ignited. He also showed concern when his district partner was injured in training, but laughed reluctantly when Glimmer elbowed him.
In the interviews, he wore a yellow suit with a black shirt under it.
During the initial bloodbath, the district 3 male participated and fought for supplies. At some point, he grabbed a small throwing axe that Marvel tried to steal, but the District 3 male didn't let go, which made Marvel slung his heavy backpack at the tribute's face, causing him to fall and to let go. He is later seen fighting the District 7 female over another backpack, while Thresh, the District 11 male tribute, is running out of the Cornucopia. While his district partner was killed, he managed to survive and presumably escaped the cornucopia.
By day eight, he had joined the career pack and booby-trapped the area around the Cornucopia with land mines he had dug up and then re-armed. Foxface was able to avoid the mines and secretly took some food from their pile. Katniss Everdeen discovered the minefield after observing Foxface, while Rue distracted the other careers with several fires. They went to investigate, bringing the District 3 male with them, giving Katniss the chance to blow up the supplies.While Marvel, Clove, and Cato were hunting for Rue, Katniss blew up the Careers supplies by shooting a suspended bag of apples with her arrows, which in turn set off the District 3 male's mines, destroying everything. When the careers returned, and found the blown up supplies, Cato confronted the District 3 male in a fit of rage and snapped his neck, as Katniss Everdeen watched on from behind nearby bushes. The district 3 male placed 9th out of 24.
After his death, the male tribute from District 3, like the 21 other fallen tributes, probably had his DNA mixed with that of a wolf, to form a muttation which had similar characteristics as the deceased tributes. It is unknown if his mutt survived the battle.
Film portrayalEditThe District 3 male was portrayed by Ian Nelson in The Hunger Games film.
- In the film it is shown that he weighs 120 pounds, same as his district partner. He is also 14 years old in the film.
- His odds of winning were shown to be 20-1.
- When all the tributes are standing on their platforms, he is seen standing next to his district partner.
- In the bloodbath he fights with Marvel for an axe and with the District 7 female for a backpack.
- He was the highest placing unnamed tribute, not including Foxface as she had a nickname and was frequently mentioned.
- In the Tribute Guide, his height is said to be 4'8, but when he is seen fighting with the District 7 female, he is taller; his actual height is around 5'6.
- By closely observing the trailer of "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" it can be noted that while visiting district 3 on Katniss' and Peeta's victory tour that only a woman is standing on the pedestal, preserved for the family members of a death tribute. The woman could possibly be his mother, meaning the District 3 Male doesn't have a father nor siblings.