|District 4 male|
|Age||12-18 (novel), 12 (film)|
|Weapon||Short sword (film)|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Ethan Jamieson|
74th Hunger GamesEdit
In the film, the District 4 male is first seen in the Tribute Parade with his district partner, the District 4 female. He and his partner wore light blue outfits with blue crowns that looked like splashing waters, pearls and bubbles, and at the shoulders of their outfits were pinned together with starfish, all representing the ocean.
In training, he is seen looking around at the other tributes, standing next to Rue as Atala explains the rules. He was also seen behind Thresh, looking up at Rue when Cato and some of the others were fighting over who took Cato's knife, indicating that he also knew that she stole Cato's knife. In his private session with the Gamemakers, he received a training score of 8. In his scoreboard, his odds of winning were 15-1.
The District 4 male wore a black suit for his interview.
Cornucopia bloodbathEditThe District 4 male was killed in the initial Cornucopia bloodbath. Katniss states that she was surprised to see his face in the sky on the first day, because he was from District 4 and was considered a Career Tribute. However, in the film, nothing was said about District 4 being a Career District.
In the film, the District 4 male was elevated onto a pedestal on the right side of Rue's pedestal and the left of the District 5 male's pedestal. When the gongs signaled the beginning of the Games, the District 4 male jumped over a crate and ran inside the Cornucopia a few seconds after Thresh was already there. He crouched down and found a yellow, rolled up sleeping bag, before hiding behind several crates of supplies. He ran out of his hiding spot when he thought everyone wasn't paying attention, He grabbed a small sword off the wall, and looked behind his back all the way towards the mouth of the Cornucopia. When he turned around, Cato, who spotted and confronted him, slashed open his throat with a sword on accident, he likely suffocated from the opening in his throat. In the film, the careers did not team with the District 4 tributes.
Likely, the Careers decided not to team up with the District 4 male in the book because he was so small.
His corpse is the third to be seen, with his body laying lifelessly with his yellow bag lying next to him. He survived up to 1 minute and 18 seconds into the Games before he was killed. Making him being the third to die. At night, his portrait is the second to be seen.
Like the rest of the fallen tributes, he had a wolf-like muttation made in his likeness. It is unknown if his mutt survived the final battle at the Cornucopia.
Film portrayalEditIn The Hunger Games film, the District 4 male was portrayed by Ethan Jamieson.
- In the film, the District 4 male weighs 65 pounds and is 12 years old.
- In the arena, the District 4 male and his district partner, the District 4 female, wore a sea green jacket.
- In the novel, since he was from a Career District, it is most likely that he trained for the Games, unlike in the film where District 4 is not a Career District.
- He, along with Thresh, District 3 tributes and the District 6 female were the first ones to arrive to the Cornucopia.
- In the film, his district partner was the last person to be killed in the bloodbath.
- In the film, both District 4 tributes were killed by Cato.
- In the book, the Careers probably decided not to team up with the District 4 male because he was so small.
- In the film, all the Careers stand together in the Training Center while listening to Atala except for the District 4 male, who stood with Katniss and Rue.
- It is revealed in Mockingjay that Finnick Odair was his mentor.