|Weapon||Short sword (film)|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Ethan Jamieson|
74th Hunger GamesEdit
In the film, he is first seen in the Tribute Parade with his district partner. He and his partner wore light blue outfits with blue crowns that looked like splashing water, pearls and bubbles, and at the shoulders of their outfits were pinned together with starfish, all representing the ocean.
In training, he is seen looking around at the other tributes, standing next to Rue as Atala explains the rules. He was also seen behind Thresh, looking up at Rue when Cato and some of the others were fighting over who took Cato's knife, indicating that he also knew that she stole Cato's knife. In his private session with the Gamemakers, he received a training score of 8. In his scoreboard, his odds of winning were 15-1.
The District 4 male waited in line with the other tributes, and wore a black suit with white shoes and a white tie.
Cornucopia bloodbathEditThe District 4 male was killed in the initial Cornucopia bloodbath. Katniss states that she was surprised to see his face in the sky on the first day, as he was from District 4 and was considered a Career Tribute. He was most likely killed because he was young, small and would not be as effective to the Career pack as his District partner. In the film, nothing was said about District 4 being a Career District.
In the film, he was elevated onto a pedestal on the right side of Rue and the left of the District 5 male. When the gong signaled the beginning of the Games, the District 4 male jumped over a crate and ran inside the Cornucopia a few seconds after Thresh arrived. He found a yellow, rolled up sleeping bag, before crouching and hiding behind several crates of supplies. After the bulk of the fights had concluded he ran out of his hiding spot in an attempt to slip by, grabbing a small sword off the wall on the way. Unfortunately he made the error of looking behind his back all the way to the mouth of the Cornucopia. When he turned around, Cato had long since noticed him and slashed open his throat. Either the blood loss or suffocation would have resulted in his death. He placed 14th and his face was the 2nd seen on the 1st night of the games.
MuttationEditLike the rest of the fallen tributes, he had a wolf-like muttation made in his likeness. It is unknown if his mutt survived the final battle at the Cornucopia.
- In the film, the District 4 male weighs 65 pounds and is 12 years old.
- In the arena, the District 4 male and his district partner, the District 4 female, wore a seastorm blue jacket.
- In the film District 4 is not a Career District.
- He, along with his District partner, Thresh and the District 6 female were the first ones to arrive to the Cornucopia. He hid, Thesh took supplies, and the District 6 female and the District 4 female fought each other.
- In the film, he was the last person to be killed in the bloodbath, as his District partner was killed after the bloodbath.
- It's confirmed that he was the last dead in the bloodbath because, when the District 8 female was killed, on the scoreboard behind Caesar it can be seen that he was the 12th dead.
- In the film, both him and his district partner were killed by Cato.
- In the film, all the Careers stand together in the Training Center while listening to Atala except for the District 4 male, who stood with Katniss and Rue.
- It is most likely that Finnick Odair was his mentor.