|District 4 female|
|Age||12-18 (novel), 16 (film)|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Tara Macken|
74th Hunger Games
During the Tribute Parade, she and her district partner were dressed in an aqua-colored gown with starfish pins, representing their district, fishing. She was portrayed to be one of the older, stronger tributes.
In the novel, She ate lunch alongside the other careers being loud and obnoxious in an attempt to intimidate the others. It is likely during training she focused on weapons use.
In the film, She is first seen when in a circle with the other tributes. She stands to the left of the District 6 female and the right of the District 5 male when Atala is giving instructions and talking about survival. Later when Marvel is using a spear to fight with the trainer, she is seen behind learning how to throw a knife with her trainer. The next day, Cato slices a dummy hand off. Slightly behind him, she's there trying to get in the gauntlets behind her is the District 7 female. She is also seen when Cato beheads a dummy, she is seen jumping from one gauntlet to the other, and again the District 7 female is behind her getting off of one.
During her private session with the Gamemakers it is assumed she demonstrated her skill with weapons. Her score isn't stated but Katniss does mention that the careers all received eight or higher.
In the film, she was killed in the bloodbath, contradicting her book appearance. She is on the pedestal next to Clove and the District 8 male. When the gong rings she runs towards the Cornucopia. She looks around as Cato fights the District 10 male. The District 6 female tries to attack her with a sword but she brutally beats her, causing her sword to fall out of her hand and pushes her to the floor. The District 7 female grabs an axe, but the District 4 female punches her and steals the axe. She decides to leave the axe and take a sword in which she slashes the District 3 female's legs with it. She also sees the District 6 female again and slashes her leg. She then confronts Cato and swings her sword at his head, but he ducks. Cato knocks the sword out of her hand and throws her into a crate. She then runs and grabs a red backpack. The Careers later find her in the forest and kill her. In the book, however, she survived the bloodbath.
The GamesShe and the other Careers hunted down and killed the District 8 female. After the forest fire the Gamemakers had created, she and the Career's found Katniss in a lake, tending to her burns that she sustained. They chased Katniss up a tree, but since Katniss was too high up and none of the Career's were able to reach her, Peeta suggested that they wait until morning for Katniss to come down. They agreed, and camped under the tree. On Day 5, Katniss saw Rue pointing to a tracker jacker nest above Katniss' head. Katniss then saws at the branch and sends the nest down onto the Career's, causing them to flee. Both Glimmer and the District 4 female received numerous stings. Unlike Glimmer who was swatting at the tracker jackers frantically, the District 4 female dropped her stuff and ran out of sight to try and make it to the lake, leaving Glimmer to be stung to death before she could escape. Several minutes after Glimmer died, she had collapsed from the many stings she had received, and died. She was picked up by the hovercraft before Glimmer, due to Katniss' close proximity to Glimmer's corpse while trying to take her bow and arrows. She placed 11th out of 24. Rue mentioned her death to Katniss later on Day 9, while she was recovering from her tracker jacker stings.
- When asked on Twitter about her characters name, her portrayer confirmed that was Marina.
- In the film, she weighs 105 pounds and is 16 years old.
- She was given the odds of 10-1 in the film, higher than Thresh.
- In one of the trailers, she's seen throwing a spear in the training center on Marvel's right side.
- Due to the way the bloodbath was filmed, it is uncertain if the events shown in the actual movie were in the real chronological order in which they were actually shot, and were in fact 'pieced together' whilst editing the movie. As a result of this, numerous tributes are seen running around after they are in fact killed, so the actual definite order of the death list is uncertain, meaning the District 4 female, along with the other tributes (District 7 female and District 8 male, could have died anywhere within the bloodbath.)
- According to the death toll behind Caesar Flickerman and Claudius, it is seen that she died 17 minutes and 23 seconds into the game.
- In the film, she was the last tribute to die before the fighting at the Cornucopia ceased. She placed 13th in the film.
- In the book, she died in the tracker jacker attack along with Glimmer. She placed 11th in the book.