|District 4 female|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Tara Macken|
During the Tribute Parade, she and her District partner were dressed in an aqua-colored gown with starfish pins, representing their district, fishing. She was portrayed to be one of the older, stronger tributes.
TrainingShe is first seen when in a circle with the other tributes. She stands to the left of the District 6 female and the right of the District 5 male when Atala is giving instructions and talking about survival. Later when Marvel is using a spear to fight with the trainer, she is seen behind learning how to throw a knife with her trainer. The next day, Cato slices a dummy hand off. Slightly behind him, she's there trying to get in the gauntlets behind her is the District 7 female. She is also seen when Cato beheads a dummy, she is seen jumping from one gauntlet to the other, and again the District 7 female is behind her getting off of one.
The District 4 female was killed in the initial bloodbath in the film. The District 4 female was seen wearing two pigtails, and was standing between Clove and the District 8 male on her pedestal. When the gong rang, she ran to the Cornucopia for supplies and weapons. The District 4 female confronted Cato with a dagger and swung it towards his head, but he easily ducked it and knocked it out of her hand. He then uses his machete to hit her in the abdomen and finishes her off by throwing her into a crate. The District 4 female gets up soon after and Katniss spots her running and grabbing a red backpack. After 17 minutes in the game, she is heard screaming as Katniss runs, confirming her death. Her portrait is seen behind Claudius Templesmith and Caesar Flickerman showing her time as 17 minutes and 23 seconds.
In the book, she made an alliance with the remaining Careers, Peeta, and the District 3 male. She and the other Careers hunted down and killed the female tribute from District 8. After the forest fire the Gamemakers had created, she and the Career's found Katniss in a lake, tending to her burns that she sustained. They chased Katniss up a tree, but since Katniss was too high up and none of the Career's were able to reach her, Peeta suggested that they wait until morning for Katniss to come down. They agreed, and camped under the tree.
On Day 5, Katniss saw Rue pointing to a Tracker Jacker nest above Katniss' head. Katniss then saws at the branch and sends the nest down onto the Career's, causing them to flee. Both Glimmer and the District 4 female received numerous stings. Unlike Glimmer who was swatting at the tracker jackers frantically, the District 4 female dropped her stuff and ran out of sight to try and make it to the lake, leaving Glimmer to be stung to death before she could escape. Several minutes after Glimmer died, she had collapsed from the many stings she had received, and died. She was picked up by the hovercraft before Glimmer, due to Katniss being in close proximity of Glimmer's body. Katniss then stole her bow and arrows. She later took credit for their deaths. She placed 11th.
In the film, the District 4 female died just after the initial bloodbath. She confronted Cato with a sword and swung it at him, but he easily ducked from her attack. Cato unarmed her by hitting her hand. He then hit her in the abdomen with his machete and threw her into a supply crate, causing her to somersault. She fled and went into the forest for safety. A few minutes after the bloodbath in the forest, Katniss hears her scream in the forest indicating her death from the hands of the careers. In the portraits behind Claudius Templesmith and Caesar Flickerman, she is seen to have lived up to 17 minutes and 23 seconds before she died. At night, her portrait is presumed to have appeared in the sky.
Her DNA was later mixed with a wolf to form a Muttation. It is unknown what her mutt looked like or if it survived the battle.
- In the film, she weighs 105 pounds and is 17 years old.
- She was given the odds of 10-1 in the film, higher than Thresh.
- In one of the trailers, she's seen throwing a spear in the training center on Marvel's right side.
- Due to the way the bloodbath was filmed, it is uncertain if the events shown in the actual movie were in the real chronological order in which they were actually shot, and were in fact 'pieced together' whilst editing the movie. As a result of this, numerous tributes are seen running around after they are in fact killed, so the actual definite order of the death list is uncertain, meaning the District 4 female, along with the other tributes (District 7 female and District 8 male, could have died anywhere within the bloodbath.)
- According to the death toll behind Caesar Flickerman and Claudius, it is seen that she died 17 minutes and 23 seconds into the game.
- In a bonus behind the scenes disc, her death at the hands of Cato is confirmed when she is thrown over a crate by him.
- In the film, she was the last tribute to die before the fighting at the Cornucopia ceased. She placed 13th in the film.
- In the book, she died in the tracker jacker attack along with Glimmer. She placed 11th in the book.