|Victors||Unnamed male, Unnamed female|
- "Electric, solar, and nuclear - District 5 harnesses the energy of the earth and the sky in order to power our great nation."
- ―Description from The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide[src]
The following jobs are offered in District 5:
- Powerplant security officer
- Equipment manager
- System analyst
- Foxface - Died on Day 16 - she placed 4th in the book, and 5th in the movie. (Nightlock berries)
- District 5 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath). In the film he placed 18th out of 24, but in the book he probably placed 21st out of 24.
- District 5 female (75th HG) - Died on the second day (Tsunami) and placed 13th out of 24.
- District 5 male (75th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath) and placed 24th out of 24.
The male tribute during the 74th Hunger Games died during the bloodbath at the Cornucopia. Katniss nicknamed the female tribute "Foxface." She survived by stealing food from other tributes in order to keep herself alive, as well as her quick, witty decisions. Ironically, it was her strategy for survival that eventually killed her. She stole some berries from Peeta Mellark's collection. Sadly, she mistakenly ate the berries, which were poisonous nightlock. She placed 4th out of 24. Katniss Everdeen notes that if they were to give out a test, Foxface would be the smartest by a mile.
The tributes during the 75th Hunger Games were both past victors. The male was an alcoholic and vomited on the sword-fighting arena during training. The female didn't even show up to training. In the arena, the male is killed during the bloodbath at the Cornucopia by Finnick Odair. He placed 24th out of 24. The female lived slightly longer. Katniss hears her scream when the tsunami hits, drowning and killing her. It's unknown, but unlikely, seeing as the male tribute attacked Finnick and Katniss, that the District 5 victors were part of the rebel alliance to free Katniss as they weren't mentioned as one of the Districts that took part.
- In the last two Hunger Games, both males were killed in the bloodbath but both females survived the bloodbath, the opposite of District 10.
- District 5 is possibly one of the more wealthier Districts, such as District 1 or District 2 due to the low amount of residents who take tesserae . This may also attribute to the theory of District 5 not being as impoverished as Districts 11 and 12.
- District 1, District 5 and District 9 are the only districts without a known rebel.
- It can be implied that District 5 would have to be located in western Panem around the Rocky Mountains as it would need to power the Capitol. This can also be supported by how District 12, which lies in the Appalachian Mountains in eastern Panem, does not have enough electricity to light their homes or the electric fence which surrounds the District.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 5 has 15 power plants in operation with a population of 134,345, making it the fifth largest District, in terms of population.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 5 claims 2,881 in tesserae, making it the third most richest District.
- It is considered a fairly wealthy District.