|District 5 male|
|Age||12-18 (novel), 15 (film)|
|Weapon||Sickle (film), sword (film)|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Chris Mark|
74th Hunger Games
Cornucopia bloodbathThe District 5 male was killed in the initial bloodbath. He was on the last podium to the right of the District 4 boy's. When the games begin, he runs to the cornucopia and stops halfway after spotting the District 3 female with a black backpack. As she tries to run away with it, he grabs her by the stomach and pulls her down. He manages to grab her off the floor as she struggles, causing her to fall. The District 5 male then goes to grab a weapon off the floor and returns with a sickle. The District 3 female's escape was delayed after the District 4 female slashed her legs. As she is getting up, he uses his sickle to slash her forehead, knocking her down. He then looks around to see Cato walking near him and runs off near the entrance of the cornucopia. The District 7 male confronts him and knocks him down with a long spear Fortunately for him, Thresh runs out of the cornucopia, distracting the District 7 male. The District 5 male then crawls away but is attacked by the District 6 male, who smashes him into a crate, and strangles him with his hand as he struggles to pull them off of his throat. They roll around in the cornucopia, where he gains the advantage. He then grabs the District 6 male's head and hurls it into crates. The District 5 male runs out of the cornucopia, grabbing a sword, but is confronted by Cato. He raises his sword to attack, but Cato slashes him across the abdomen and shoves him into a crate inside the cornucopia. Cato then presumably dispatches him. His corpse is the 4th scene after the bloodbath.
After his death, the District 5 male, like all the other dead tributes, had his DNA mixed with a wolf to form a muttation which had similar characteristics to the fallen tribute. It's unknown if his mutt survived the fight.
- In the film, he weighs 145 pounds and is 15 years old.
- In the arena, the color jacket he wore was plum red.
- His death appears in the special features of the DVD.
- In traning, his odds of winning were 8-1, he scored higher than Thresh but died earlier.
- The District 5 male is shown to survive for only 13 seconds, despite appearing to kill the District 3 female (who survived for more that twice than his time). The photo credits showing the statistics appears to be the District 10 male's extra death by Cato earlier in the bloodbath.