|District 5 male|
|Weapon||Sickle (film), Dagger (film)|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Chris Mark|
74th Hunger Games
Cornucopia BloodbathThe District 5 male was killed in the initial Bloodbath. He stood on the pedestal next to the District 4 male. Like majority of the tributes, he ran for supplies. When the gong sounds, he runs to a crate and finds a sickle next to it, so he grabs it and runs to the Cornucopia but stops after spotting the District 4 female slashes the District 3 female's leg, but instead of catching the District 4 female, he goes to the injured District 3 female, grabs her by the stomach and slashes her forehead, just to steal her backpack. After arriving the Cornucopia, he sees the District 7 female hiding behind a crate and smacks her face with his backpack, but her district partner sees this hostile act and chases him. Fortunatelly for him, when the District 7 male was about to spear his heart, Thresh gets in the way and kills the District 7 male while the District 7 female sadly watches. He runs to the back of the Cornucopia, but Jason tries to sufocate him, but he gains advantage and smacks his face into crates, making him cough blood. He runs to the wall to grab a dagger, but the District 8 female slashes his leg, so he crawls away from her, but is seen by Cato , who stabs him right in the heart with a machete, killing him.
After his death, the District 5 male, like all the other dead tributes, had his DNA mixed with a wolf to form a muttation which had similar characteristics to the fallen tribute. It's unknown if his mutt survived the fight.
- In the film, he weighs 145 pounds and is 15 years old.
- In the arena, the color jacket he wore was plum red.
- His death appears in the special features of the DVD.
- In traning, his odds of winning were 8-1, he scored higher than Thresh and the District 4 tributes, but died earlier.
- The District 5 male is shown to survive for only 13 seconds, despite appearing to kill the District 3 female (who survived for more that twice than his time). The photo credits showing the statistics appears to be the District 10 male's extra death by Cato earlier in the bloodbath.
- He is the only tribute killed in the bloodbath that killed another tribute.
- He was the 7th dead, but when the District 8 female was killed, you can see that he was the 5th dead on the scoreboard behind Caesar.