|District 5 male|
|Age||12-18 (novel), 15 (film)|
|Weapon||Sickle (film), sword (film)|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Chris Mark|
74th Hunger Games
Cornucopia bloodbathThe District 5 male was killed in the initial bloodbath. He was on the last podium to the right of the District 4 male's. When the games begin, he runs to the cornucopia and stops halfway after spotting the District 3 female with a black backpack. As she tries to run away with it, he grabs her by the stomach and pulls her down. The District 5 male runs away from her and goes to a crate to look for a weapon.
He found a sickle nearby a crate and took it. He turned around, only to see the District 4 female slash the District 3 female's leg open and fall in pain. But instead of catching the District 4 female, he turns around and slashes the District 3 female's head, killing her. After that is taken care of, he attacks the District 7 female until her district partner knocks him to the ground as Thresh gets in the way. After taking his sickle and backpack, he fights Jason, who injures him. He also fights the District 8 female who slashes his leg open. He limps away, leaving a trail of blood, until Cato digs a whole in his chest, killing him.
After his death, the District 5 male, like all the other dead tributes, had his DNA mixed with a wolf to form a muttation which had similar characteristics to the fallen tribute. It's unknown if his mutt survived the fight.
- In the film, he weighs 145 pounds and is 15 years old.
- In the arena, the color jacket he wore was plum red.
- His death appears in the special features of the DVD.
- In traning, his odds of winning were 8-1, he scored higher than Thresh but died earlier.
- The District 5 male is shown to survive for only 13 seconds, despite appearing to kill the District 3 female (who survived for more that twice than his time). The photo credits showing the statistics appears to be the District 10 male's extra death by Cato earlier in the bloodbath.