|Victors||The two morphlings|
|Rebels||The two morphlings|
- "Our hovercraft, our high-speed trains, and our cargo trains come to us from District 6. Ironically, the citizens here have little love for travel."
- ―Description from The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide[src]
District 6 is one of the 13 districts of Panem. This district's principal industry is transportation. It was heavily bombed by the Capitol's Air Forces during the second rebellion. It is hinted that having a Morphling addiction may have been a district-wide issue as Katniss nicknamed the victors of District 6 "Morphlings" because they were addicted to the painkiller. Most victors from this district take this drug to forget what they experienced in their Games. District 6 is also one of the more rebellious districts, as the victors from this district were part of the victor alliance to keep Katniss alive. It is mentioned that this district is rebellious after the breakout from the arena by Plutarch Heavensbee.
Some jobs in District 6 include:
- Baggage Handler
- District 6 female (74th HG) - Died on the first day (bloodbath).
- District 6 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (bloodbath).
- District 6 female (75th HG) - Victor of the unspecified Hunger Games. Died on the second day of the 75th Hunger Games.
- District 6 male (75th HG) - Victor of the unspecified Hunger Games. Died on the first day of the 75th Hunger Games (bloodbath).
- In The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide, it says that the people of District 6 dislike traveling, even though their industry is transportation.
- A tribute from District 6, Titus, during an unknown Hunger Games, went mad and resorted to cannibalism. He started eating the tributes until he was killed by an avalanche, thought to be purposely set up by the gamemakers, ensuring someone insane wouldn't win.
- Tributes from here have a disadvantage as they have no experience in weaponry, but in training, they learn quickly.
- The citizens of this district seem to be extremely oppressed, shown on how rough the Peacekeepers are on this district, and had a large uprising in Catching Fire.
- The district itself is said to be very unstable, causing Morphling to be rampant. This also suggests that District 6 is probably one of the largest, if not, the largest district among the others, possibly twice as large as Districts 2 or 11.