|District 6's seal|
|Victors||The two morphlings|
|Rebels||The two morphlings|
- "Our hovercraft, our high-speed trains, and our cargo trains come to us from District 6. Ironically, the citizens here have little love for travel."
- ―Description from The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide[src]
District 6 is one of the 12 districts of Panem. This district's principal industry is transportation. It was heavily bombed by the Capitol's Air Forces during the Second Rebellion. It is hinted that Morphling addiction may have been a district-wide issue because of the victors of District 6 Katniss nicknamed "Morphlings" that were addicted to the painkiller. Most victors from this district take this drug to forget the games they were in.
Some jobs offered in District 6 include:
- Baggage handler.
The male tribute died on the first day of the 75th Hunger Games. The female died when she flung herself in front of Peeta to protect him from the monkey mutts on the second day. It is assumed that the male died in the bloodbath at the Cornucopia.
- District 6 female (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath)
- District 6 male (74th HG) - Died on the first day (Bloodbath)
- District 6 female (75th HG)
- District 6 male (75th HG)
- In The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide, it says that the people of District 6 dislike traveling, even though their industry is transportation.
- A tribute from District 6, Titus, during the Hunger Games, had gone mad and resorted to cannibalism. He started eating the tributes until he was killed by an avalanche.
- Tributes from here have a disadvantage as they have no experience in weaponry, but in training, the tributes from here learn quickly in weaponry as this is shown in the film and they are very strong as they fight Careers.
- The citizens of this district seem to be extremely oppressed, shown on how rough the peacekeepers are on this district, and had a large uprising in Catching Fire.
- Like District 7, District 6 is the one of largest district in size, being several times larger than District 2 and District 11.