|Victors||Johanna Mason, Blight|
|Rebels||Johanna Mason, Blight|
- "This beautiful district is lush with trees, from which these citizens supply our lumber and paper. The people of District 7 are hardworking and down-to-earth."
- ―Description from The Hunger Games: Tribute Guide[src]
District 7 is one of the thirteen Districts of Panem. It's hinted that it is a middle-class District, like districts 5, 6, and 8. District 7 provides lumber for the Capitol, and its people are known to be good with axes. District 7 is apparently covered with large portions of forest and has a dam nearby the district.
- District 7 female (74th HG) - 74th Hunger Games, died on the first day (bloodbath). She placed 16th out of 24.
- District 7 male (74th HG) - 74th Hunger Games, died on the first day (bloodbath). He placed 19th out of 24.
- Johanna Mason - 75th Hunger Games, as well as the victor of the 71st Hunger Games.
- Blight - 75th Hunger Games, as well as the victor of an earlier Games. He died on the second day due to running into a force field.
Nothing is mentioned about the lives of the citizens from District 7. However, Katniss notes that Johanna Mason, being from District 7, probably threw and used axes since she was a toddler. This suggests that most citizens from District 7 begin working with axes at an early age, probably in the forests that surround the District, chopping down the trees for their district's industry.
The following jobs are offered in District 7:
- Load Puller
- Lead Climber
- Furniture Builder
- Although Johanna says that the tributes from District 7 have been dressed as trees for 40 years, during the Tribute Parade, the film adaptation, it shows the tributes dressed in an origami-like paper costumes in the 74th Hunger Games.
- District 7 is one of the larger Districts, possibly due for space for the trees.
- District 7's tributes have learned to throw axes at an early age, making some of the tributes well trained. They also seem to prefer axes as their weapon of choice. One of these examples is the District 7 female in the 74th Hunger Games. During the bloodbath, she opened a crate to find an axe. Unfortunately, it was stolen moments later.
- According to The Hunger Games Adventures, District 7 is located directly to the northeast of District 4 on the northwestern coast of Panem.
- Aside from Career Districts, (1, 2, and 4) District 7 has the biggest advantage in the games, as they not only have experience in the arenas brutal environment, but they also show exceptional skill in weapons such as an axe and other cutting tools.
- It is revealed in Mockingjay that District 7 has 7 victors.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 7 has 115 mills in operation with a population of 26,354 people, making it the eight largest District, in terms of population.
- According to the Capitol.PN, District 7 claims 63,125 in tesserae, making it the sixth richest District.
- It is considered an upper middle-class District.