|District 7 male|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Sam Ly|
74th Hunger GamesEdit
In the film, he and his district partner were seen wearing fan-like paper headdresses and paper clothes, representing lumber, though Johanna Mason said their stylist have been dressing District 7 tributes as trees for the last 40 years.
In training, he received an 8-1 odds of winning. This is quite high for a tribute, especially one from an outlying district.
Cornucopia bloodbath Edit
The District 7 male died in the initial bloodbath. He is stationed on the right of Foxface and on the left of Cato on the pedestals. He did hand to hand combat with the District 6 boy, bracing himself from the tribute's punch. As Katniss runs, he is seen crawling away from the District 10 male. In the film he dies twice taking the place of the District 9 male. Thresh runs out of the Cornucopia then he approaches him and swings his weapon at him, but Thresh uses his sickle and slashes it away. Thresh then hits him with his bag, and does it again throwing him over a crate near by his district partner. Thresh then runs up to him and slashes his throat, pushing him onto the ground, dead.
After his death, the male tribute from District 7, like all the other fallen tributes, had his DNA mixed with a wolf to form a muttation which had similar characteristics to the fallen tribute. It is unknown whether his mutt survived.
Film portrayalEditIn The Hunger Games film, the District 7 male tribute is portrayed by Sam Ly.
- He almost killed two people, Katniss and Thresh, but got killed as he was about to kill them. He also uses two weapons in the process of attempting to kill them: a spear and an axe.
- In the Tribute Guide he is 16, but in the film, he is shown to be 17 on the scoreboards and weighs 138 pounds.
- In the arena, he wears a russet brown jacket.
- Due to his partner looking for supplies while he was nearby fighting Thresh, possibly trying to protect her, it can be assumed that the District 7 tributes of the 74th Hunger Games made a pre-game alliance.
- In the bloodbath, he replaces the District 9 male, making him appear to have two deaths.
- According to the death toll behind Caesar and Claudius, it is seen that he died 38 seconds after the games started.
- He possibly placed 19th.