|District 8 female|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Mackenzie Lintz|
74th Hunger GamesEdit
In the film, she is first seen at the Tribute Parade with her district partner, wearing pink and blue costumes that symbolize jesters with a star pattern and bow hats on them. She is seen in many different shots in the parade scene, waving excitedly at the audience.
She is not explicitly shown in a training scene. However, it is likely she was very powerful and talented as she was estimated to have a 5-1 odds of winning.
The District 8 female survived the initial cornucopia bloodbath, and managed to escape into the forest. He district partner however, was killed. It is unknown if she collected any supplies.
On the first night of the games, she gave in to the cold and started a fire near a tree which Katniss Everdeen was resting in, which Katniss described as a "foolish" decision. Sure enough, the smoke from her fire attracted the career tributes Cato, Clove, Glimmer, Marvel and Peeta Mellark to her location. Cato eventually attacked her with his sword, and her scream was heard by Katniss. When no cannon sounded, Peeta agreed to go back and finish her off, effectively killing her. She placed 13th out of 24 and 12th out of 24 in the film.
Her DNA would later be taken and mixed with a wolf, creating a Muttation, which were sent after Cato, Katniss and Peeta at the Cornucopia. It is unknown if her mutt survived.
- In the film, she weighs 116 pounds and she is 13 years old, according to the Odds Board shown in the film.
- It was confirmed that the District 9 male, District 9 female, and the District 10 female were considered extra characters and they only shot the parade; the only character who participated in the Games was District 8 female after the bloodbath, and the other actors didn't shoot the bloodbath or the training. The remaining tributes must be determined by inference, for example, the District 10 boy replacing the girl.
- She is probably one of the most powerful tributes with a 5-1 odds of winning, which are the same odds as both Clove and Marvel. They are only beat by her District partner and Cato.
- In the arena, she wears a goldenrod yellow jacket.
- She, along with Cato, was one of the tributes in the 74th Hunger Games to be mortally wounded and then mercifully killed. She was mortally wounded by Cato and then mercifully killed by Peeta in the book, while Cato was mauled by mutts, and mercifully killed by Katniss.
- Her death was changed in the movie because when she sees the Careers, Cato gives Glimmer his sword instead of Cato killing her himself. Her cannon is also released shortly after her scream whereas in the book, her death is held, as Cato only wounds her and Peeta has to finish her.
- In the tribute parade, the females were standing on the left of the chariot and the males on the right except for District 8 were she stood on the right and the male on the left.
- She lasted 8 hours, 12 minutes and 8 seconds in the Hunger Games.