|District 8 female|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Mackenzie Lintz|
74th Hunger GamesEdit
In the film, the District 8 female was first seen in the Tribute Parade with her district partner, wearing pink and blue costumes that symbolize jesters with a star pattern and bow hats on them. She was seen in quite a few shots during parade scenes, waving at the audience.
The District 8 female was only shown listening to Atala. However, it is likely she was very powerful and talented as she was estimated to have a 5-1 odds of winning. This was quite odd, considering she was not a Career tribute and had not been trained. She was seen as stronger than Glimmer, in the Gamemaker's point of view.
The District 8 female survived the initial Cornucopia bloodbath. She was on the last pedestal which was to the left of Thresh. Like most of the tributes, she ran for supplies. She grabs a sword off the wall and slashes the District 5 male's right leg, moments before he is killed by Cato. After this, she confronts the District 9 female and shoves her over a crate. After a short fight with Clove for another backpack, she is shoved to the ground by Marvel, so she crawls away from him, grabs a small black backpack and escapes into the forest.
The 74th Hunger GamesEditThe District 8 female most likely walked during the entire day (just like Katniss Everdeen) and at night set up a camp. She watched the Fallen images and tried to sleep, but she gave in to the cold and starts a fire near a tree which Katniss Everdeen was resting in, which Katniss thought was a "foolish" decision. Sure enough, the light from her fire attracted the Career tributes to her location during early morning. In the movie, Cato hands Glimmer his sword to kill her, and after Katniss heard her scream, the cannon sounded. In the book, Katniss heard her scream and no cannon sounded, so Peeta went back to finish her off, effectively killing her. She placed 13th out of 24 in the book and 12th out of 24 in the film, as in the film, the District 4 female were not considered a career tribute and was killed off. Glimmer kills the District 8 female in the 74th hunger games
Following her death, her DNA was mixed with that of a wolf-like creature to create the "Muttations", which were the key figures for the finale of the 74th annual Hunger Games. One mutt was specifically described as having "red curls" by Katniss. That mutt could possibly symbolize the District 8 or 9 females, since both tributes share the red locks of bright auburn hair. Foxface, the last remaining redhaired tribute, already had her mutt singled out from her red hair and auburn eyes.
- In the film, she weighs 116 pounds and is 13 years old.
- The night that Katniss was without a sleeping bag, she began to "have more sympathy" for the District 8 girl.
- She is probably one of the most powerful tributes with a 5-1 odds of winning, which are the same odds as both Clove and Marvel.
- She, along with Cato, was one of the tributes in the 74th Hunger Games to be mortally wounded and then mercifully killed. She was mortally wounded by Cato and then mercifully killed by Peeta in the book, while Cato was mauled by mutts, and mercifully killed by Katniss.
- Her death was changed in the movie because when she sees the Careers, Cato gives Glimmer his sword instead of Cato killing her himself. Her cannon is also heard shortly after her scream whereas in the book, her death is held, as Cato only wounds her and Peeta has to finish her.
- In the tribute parade, the females were standing on the left of the chariot and the males on the right except for District 8 were she stood on the right and the male on the left.
- She was Peeta's only known direct kill in the 74th Hunger Games.
- She lasted 8 hours, 12 minutes and 8 seconds in the Hunger Games.
- In The Hunger Games: Catching Fire she, like her district partner, appears as a holographic portrait in Katniss and Peeta's Victory tour.
- In the 74th Hunger Games the tributes of District 8 seemed powerful, and skilled because her district partner received the odds of 3-1, higher than Katniss and the same as Cato.
- As we can see in Katniss and Peeta's victory tour there is only one man and one women standing in her pedestal, so the District 8 female has no siblings, and in the pedestal of her district partner there is only one man, so he has no mother or siblings.
- When she died, on the scoreboard behind Caesar, it can seen a wrong order of deaths. The order of deaths was: District 9 male; District 4 female; District 9 female; District 6 male; District 5 male; District 6 female; District 7 male; District 7 female; District 8 male; District 10 female; District 3 female; District 4 male.
- She was the only tribute that died on day 2.
- She got various items during the bloodbath, but she escaped with only a black backpack.