|District 8 male|
|Age||12-18 (novel), 14 (film)|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Samuel Tan|
74th Hunger Games
In the film, the boy from District 8 was first seen in the Tribute Parade with his district partner, riding in the chariots, wearing blue and pink costumes with star patterns and hats with present bows representing textile clothing.
In the film, he stood behind Peeta as Atala is explaining the training center rules. During training, he was shown struggling to climb the jungle gym, until he fell and hurt his leg. On the scoreboards, his odds of winning were shown to be 3-1, so his training score was most likely a 9-10.
In the film, he and his district partner are shown to be absent along with the tributes from District 9.
Cornucopia bloodbathThe District 8 male was killed in the initial corncopia bloodbath, forced to wear a leg cast from his injury during training. Like most of the other tributes, he fought for supplies. At the start of the bloodbath, he struggled with Marvel, who managed to disarm him and knock him to the ground, eventually stabbing him repeatedly with a knife, effectively killing him. He was presumably one of the first tributes to die, and his face was seen by Katniss on the first night of the games. His district partner survived the bloodbath, and managed to escape into the forest.
After his death, the male tribute from District 8, like all the other fallen tributes, had his DNA mixed with a wolf to form a muttation which had similar characteristics to the fallen tribute. It is unknown if his mutt survived the fight.
- In the film, he weighs 155 pounds and his age isn't confirmed.
- In the film, the District 8 tributes wore a goldenrod yellow jacket in the Games.
- Same as Cato, his odds of winning in the film were 3-1, a very high score for an outlying district, higher than Clove, Marvel, and Glimmer. This was supposedly the highest score for an unnamed tribute and for any non-career.
- In the tribute parade, the females were standing on the left of the chariot and the males on the right except for District 8 tributes, where the female stood on the right and the male on the left.
- On the scoreboard behind Caesar and Claudius, it can be seen that he lived for 7 seconds into the games.
- He had the highest odds in the Games, tied with Cato, but he still ended up dying in the bloodbath.
- In The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, he appeared in an archive footage while Katniss and Peeta are making a speech in District 8.