|District 8 male|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Samuel Tan|
74th Hunger Games
In the film, the boy from District 8 was first seen in the Tribute Parade with his district partner, riding in the chariots, wearing blue and pink costumes with star patterns and hats with present bows representing textile clothing.
In the film, he stood behind Peeta as Atala is explaining the training center rules. During training, he was shown struggling to climb the jungle gym, until he fell and hurt his leg. On the scoreboards, his odds of winning were shown to be 3-1, so his training score was most likely a 9-10.
In the film, he and his district partner are shown to be absent along with the tributes from District 9.
In the novel, he was one of the tributes killed on the first day in the Cornucopia bloodbath. In the film, he was killed by Marvel. Like most of the tributes did when the games began, he ran towards the Cornucopia. In bad timing, he tries to hit Marvel in hand to hand combat right after Marvel had picked up a curved knife. Marvel used his own unarmed hand to block it and then slashes his throat with his curved knife. Immediately, after he falls onto the ground, Marvel raises his knife and slashes him repeatedly. While the District 5 male grapples over a backpack with the District 3 female, the District 4 female battles Cato, and the District 6 female battles Glimmer, Marvel is still stabbing him to death. His corpse is then shown as Marvel walked away from it to kill other tributes. At night, he is one of the portraits shown. When the portraits are shown behind Caesar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith, he is shown to have lived up to 7 seconds in the games before he was killed, placing 24th.
After his death, the male tribute from District 8, like all the other fallen tributes, had his DNA mixed with a wolf to form a muttation which had similar characteristics to the fallen tribute. It is unknown if his mutt survived the fight.
- In the film, he weighs 155 pounds and his age isn't confirmed.
- In the film, the District 8 tributes wore a goldenrod yellow jacket in the Games.
- Same as Cato, his odds of winning in the film were 3-1, a very high score for an outlying district, higher than Clove, Marvel, and Glimmer. This was supposedly the highest score for an unnamed tribute and for any non-career.
- In the tribute parade, the females were standing on the left of the chariot and the males on the right except for District 8 tributes, where the female stood on the right and the male on the left.
- On the scoreboard behind Caesar and Claudius, it can be seen that he lived for 7 seconds into the games.
- In the film, he was the first tribute to be killed and placed 24th.
- In the film, the District 8 male could have been trying to do the same tactic as Johanna Mason, as he fell off the jungle gym in training to make himself look weak, although he did get a very high odds of winning.