|District 8 male|
|Appearances||The Hunger Games|
|Portrayed by||Samuel Tan|
74th Hunger Games
In the film, the District 8 male was seen climbing the jungle gym in the Training Center until he fell and hurt his leg. His odds of winning was 3-1 in the film.
In the arena, the District 8 male wore a goldenrod yellow jacket. The District 8 male died in the bloodbath. Since he showed weakness in training, he was a first target to Marvel . He stands next to the District 4 female and the District 6 female on his plate. When the gongs ring, he runs towards the cornucopia. Marvel grabs him by his left arm and throws him onto the ground, slitting his throat with a dagger in the process. As the District 8 male layed on his back, Marvel stabbed him with his dagger continuously. As Cato cuts down the District 9 male, Marvel is seen still slashing the male tribute. The District 8 male is one of the portraits Katniss sees at night. He placed 14-23 in the book and 13-24 in the film.
After his death, the male tribute from District 8, like all the other fallen tributes, had his DNA mixed with a wolf to form a muttation which had similar characteristics to the fallen tribute. It is unknown if his mutt survived the fight
- On the scoreboards, it says he weights 155 pounds and is 14 years old.
- Same as Cato, his odds of winning were 3-1, a very high score for an outlying district, higher than Clove, Marvel, and Glimmer. This was supposedly the highest score for an unnamed tribute.
- Samuel Tan confirmed via twitter that Marvel killed him, but because of his corpse, he is not the tribute being sliced by Marvel's machete twice.
- He and the District 3 female are mixed up as being killed by Marvel because their jackets are very alike in color.
- He is also confused with the District 6 and District 7 male tribute.
- He was thought to have been killed by Thresh, but, due to his jacket color and appearance, the District 7 male is the one who is confronting Thresh (Hunger Games DVD television spot).
- Due to editing, his death is a not certain, except Sam Tan confirmed he is killed by Marvel. He, possibly, is the tribute killed first off by Marvel, but it's unclear due to editing and timing of the scene; possibly killed off camera. He is one of the corpses seen on the ground with a slit over the front of his neck.
- NOTE: If you look closely when Marvel cuts down the District 8 male, you can see him slicing his throat before he falls onto the ground.
- By his corpse, it can be seen that his throat is slit. Since he has no bloody abdomen or other incisions, it can be assumed that Marvel did not continuously stab him.