|Home||Victors' Village in District 1|
|Portrayed by||Alan Ritchson|
Gloss competed in and won an unspecified Hunger Games when Katniss was a child. Either before or after his games, his sister Cashmere won her games. It is mentioned that the Capitol has been obsessed with him and his sister since their consecutive victories.
Third Quarter QuellEdit
Gloss was chosen from the pool of former Victors from District 1 to participate in the 75th Hunger Games in Catching Fire. He represented District 1, along with his sister, Cashmere. He was present during training and spent a little time with Katniss, although Katniss didn't really take a liking to him. Gloss was also present during the interviews, where he thanked the people of Panem for showing kindness to him and his sister. He reluctantly joined hands with the other Tributes as a sign of strength. It is assumed he was a good swimmer, since he and Enobaria were the fourth and fifth people to make it to the Cornucopia. In the arena, it was noted by Katniss that he wasn't particularly swift as he was shot in the thigh when he plunged into the waves trying to escape Katniss' arrows. Gloss was one of the members in the Career pack with Enobaria, Brutus, and his sister. Soon after Finnick Odair, Peeta Mellark, Mags, and Katniss make their way out of the Cornucopia, Gloss and the other Careers made their way back there to pick off more tributes. After the bloodbath, the Career pack retreats to the jungle.
The Career Pack later made their way to the Cornucopia on Day 2, where Gloss slit Wiress' throat while she was alone at the waterside, earning him an arrow shot by Katniss in his temple. This resulted in a quick death, and in a similar way Marvel dies by Katniss' hand. His sister was later killed by Johanna, who buried an axe in Cashmere's chest.
Since Gloss was a Career Tribute, he most likely killed many Tributes in his original Games and during the Third Quarter Quell. It is known that Gloss killed Wiress in the 75th Hunger Games by slitting her throat.
Gloss and his sister, Cashmere, were both described as being classically beautiful. It is presumed that he has blonde hair like his sister. Considering that both were Career Tributes, Gloss and Cashmere were physically stronger than most of the other Victors, being relatively young and from pampered District 1.
Family and mentorshipEdit
- "There's the classically beautiful brother and sister from District 1 who were victors to consecutive years when I was little."
- ―Katniss on Gloss and Cashmere.[src]
- Cashmere and Gloss are thought by Katniss to most likely be in their 20s because their consecutive Games happened when Katniss was a child.
- Cashmere and Gloss are the only known brother and sister who have won the Hunger Games.
- Gloss was one of the youngest males in the 75th Hunger Games.
- Gloss was the last tribute Katniss killed in the 75th Hunger Games, or in any Hunger Games.
- The way Gloss was killed mirrors how Marvel was killed. Both Marvel and Gloss kill one of Katniss' allies (Rue for Marvel, and Wiress for Gloss), only to be killed by Katniss herself.
- Gloss' name highly resembles Glimmer's, both meaning a kind of shining and starting with the same letters.