Hutcherson was born in Union, Kentucky, USA where he lived with his mother, father, brother Connor, and his three dogs, Diesel, Driver, and Nixon. His longing to be an actor began when he was just four years old, so when Josh was old enough to maintain an acting career, he moved to California.
Hutcherson began acting in 2002. His first feature film role based on a book adaptation was as the voice of Markl in Howl's Moving Castle. His first live action role in an adaptation was the following year with Zathura. Hutcherson has also starred in the film adaptations of Little Manhattan, Bridge to Teribithia, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant, RV, and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. He was awarded 'Best Male Actor' at the MTV Movie Awards 2012 for his acting as Peeta along with 'Best Fight' with Jennifer Lawrence and Alexander Ludwig (Katniss and Peeta vs. Cato).
Behind the scenesEdit
- Hutcherson and star Jennifer Lawrence are both from the state of Kentucky.
- Hutcherson suffered a concussion on The Hunger Games set when Lawrence accidentally kicked him in the head while the two were goofing around. He downplayed its effects to continue filming.
- He is known to be a prankster. He put the dummy of Glimmer's distorted body in Lawrence's bathroom, scaring her so badly, that she accidentally peed her pants.
- Before the premiere of the movie, Hutcherson said, "I watch a lot of Man vs. Wild, so I feel prepared [for the part]."
- Hutcherson is also close friends with Liam Hemsworth, who portrays Gale.
- His mother, Michelle, is a former Delta Airlines employee and his father, Chris, is an analyst for the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- ↑ Nicole Sperling (04-04-2011).'The Hunger Games': Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth complete the love triangle. LA Times. Retrieved on 04-04-2011
- ↑ Josh Hutcherson On Getting Concussion From Jennifer Lawrence On 'Hunger Games' Set On 'Late Show With David Letterman' (VIDEO)