- This article is about the Hunger Games tributes. For the addictive drug, see Morphling (drug).
|Home||Victors' Village, District 6|
|Gender||Male and female|
|Portrayed by||Justin Hix & Megan Hayes|
- "We seem particularly riveting to the pair from District 6, who are known morphling addicts. Both bone thin, with sagging yellowish skin. They can’t tear their overlarge eyes away..."
- ―Katniss on the Morphlings.[src]
The Morphlings were two tributes from District 6 who won previous unknown Hunger Games, and were also reaped to participate in the 75th Hunger Games. As victors, they were given the responsibility of mentoring other tributes from District 6.
The Morphlings won two unknown Hunger Games. These victors had turned to a narcotic pain killer called Morphling to cope with the horrors of their previous games and were thus in very poor physical condition. The Morphling had made their skin sag a bit and turn a vulgar, yellow color.
Third Quarter QuellEditThe two of them were quite fascinated by painting as they spent most of their time training in the camouflage station painting each other, which is what they most likely used to present themselves to the Gamemakers. This left Peeta with very few supplies left over, and a colossal mess when it was his turn. Before the Games, Haymitch approached some of the tributes like Mags, Finnick, Johanna, Wiress, Beetee, Blight, Chaff, Seeder, Cecelia, and Woof as well as the Morphlings to make an alliance to keep both Katniss and Peeta alive, as he knew he could trust them and that they could help Katniss and Peeta in the arena. He did not tell either Katniss or Peeta about these previous alliances but sent them hidden messages. They later joined hands with the rest of the tributes as a sign of strength and rebellion.
At the start of the Games, the Morphlings reached the Cornucopia shortly after Finnick and Katniss (because Mags swam to Katniss while Finnick was retrieving Peeta). During the bloodbath, the male was killed but the female luckily managed to escape with her life.
Later when Peeta, Katniss and Finnick were attacked by monkey muttations, Peeta was about to be killed by a monkey mutation, until the female Morphling jumped in front of Peeta to protect him and received a huge gash in her neck. After Peeta finished off the monkeys, he took her body to the beach where he comforted her by telling her to look at the colors of the sunset. Katniss observed that she was shaking and didn't know whether it was the shock from the attack, or withdrawal from her morphling, and she soon died in Peeta's arms. After she bled to death, Peeta took her corpse to the water to let it drift off until a hovercraft came to take it away. He later questioned why she sacrificed herself for him.
- The Female Morphling's death was similar to Rue's and Maysilee's, as all were comforted. All three received peaceful last moments due to a District 12 victor. (Katniss, Haymitch and Peeta.)
- Despite the fact they are extremely disabled from years of morphling addiction, they must have been still capable enough for Haymitch Abernathy to trust them with the knowledge of the Rebellion.