Trialing a revision to the front page. Edit
I made several revisions to the front page to improve the major reformat that was recently implemented. More changes are potentially on the way.
- The Welcome table spans the entire width of the page instead of being confined to the left side.
- The "Welcome to The Hunger Games Wiki" message now features an image title instead of plain text.
- There is now a header for the section listing the books of the Hunger Games trilogy.
- The section listing the three books in the trilogy has been converted to a heavily stylized triangle-shaped diagram, with a colored icon represeting each book occupying one point on the triangle and "The Hunger Games Trilogy" dominating the empty space in the center.
- The "Characters" section has been converted into a more general "Content Portal", which now features links to various topics within the Hunger Games universe. A condensed version of the "Characters" section remains, with a shorter list of arguably more important characters.
- The "Featured Article" section now features a new article, Panem, as that article meets most of the criteria for being a featured article, has had a veritable ton of new content added, and Haymitch Abernathy has been the featured article for the last six months! I know he's everyone's favorite alcoholic here, but his beer breath is scaring away first-time visitors from the front page. ;)
- The "Quote of the Month" section has been renamed "Featured Quote", so that editors have more freedom concerning when they would like to change the quote.
- The "Featured Quote" has been changed to a quote by Cinna.
- The "Featured Image" section has been moved between the "Featured Quote" and the "Hunger Games Blogspace" sections, to rest with the other Featured sections.
- Added spaces between the dates and the dashes in the "What's New" section.
- Added linebreaks throughout the page before every header to separate them from the content immediately above them. As well as other locations where appropriate.
- Content in the "Hunger Games Newsfeed" is now aligned to the left instead of to the center.
- Made a few minor corrections to formatting.
These revisions are under review, and I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to dispute and revert any of these changes if necessary, though it'd be best to provide a justified explanation here when doing so.
Yamamoto114 15:08, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
I saw your ad, and there's a typo. What's surive supposed to mean?
How about survive? 184.108.40.206 16:20, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
Yeah, I found an article that said that the plot would be the same BUT Suzanne Collins said that this could lead to a prequel series. Any thoughts about this?
What do you think of Jennifer Lawrence playing The Hunger Games' heroine Katniss Everdeen? At first I thought she was too blond and old, and that her skin was a little bit too fair. Yet after her "transformation", she looks more like Katniss. Yet I still think she looks a few years too old, and her hair does not look straight enough yet. This is my opinion.
Also, I think it is odd that the actor who is playing Peeta Mellark, Josh Hutcherson, has to dye his hair blonde, which is Jennifer Lawrence's natural hair color, and she had to dye hers dark brown, which is Josh Hutcherson's natural color.
Plus,I think that her expression isn't quite right; where Jennifer Lawrence looks morose and solemn on the cover of Entertainment Weekly, Katniss is much more defiant and angsty.
Ruesupporter 02:15, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
To add to that, I don't like the guy who is playing Cinna. I thought of Cinna as more of an Adam Lambert type of guy. I also don't agree with a picture on here. It shows the districts and they are kind of all over the place. In the book, it says that the districts ring the capitol and not that they are all around the disant U.S.BubblestheLlama 20:49, December 19, 2011 (UTC)
I think that most people are getting a bit to worked up about the apperances of the characters. I think Jennifer is an amazing young actress (and funny) and she, luck many of us, is a fan of the trilogy and I'm sure she will want to portray Katniss as best she can. If Suzanne is happy with her then I think we should be too. She did choose her after all. 220.127.116.11 13:23, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
I did not see Cinna like the way he was in the movie AT ALL! I thought Jennifer did really good as Katniss, but she talked even less then Katniss did in the books! And Katniss goes whole chapters without saying a single thing. I know thay were trying to show her as moody and dramatic, but the only time she seemed mad in the WHOLE movie was when she shoved peeta. Also, why did they take out mags and feature Seneca Crane alot when in the book we never even met him? "I'm sorry but that's what I think" - Effie:) GlimmerandSparkle 16:35, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Excuse me, GlimmerandSparkle, but they did not take out Mags, because Mags isn't in the Hunger Games, she's in Catching Fire! I think you're thinking of Madge. And, in that case, I wish they hadn't taken her out either (Katniss could do with some more friends:)). And I don't mean to sound rude, but, please check over your edits before you publish them if it has to do with Hunger Games facts! The Hunger Games mean everything to me!!! And trust me, it does not reflect well on you...
Jennifer makes a good Katniss in the movie. Her acting really showcase of Katniss' expression and feelings. I can't wait to see the movie Mockingjay Part 1 next year! ain't anyone excited about it? :) Dina Peh 6:10, December 7, 2013 (UTC)
The hyperlinking to the film pages for Mockingjay and Catching Fire are mixed up. When you click Mockingjay, it goes to Catching Fire and vice versa. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
Who's the founder? ♥Everdeen (talk) 19:59, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
Peeta vs. GaleEdit
Idk y it said founder lol. im new to this haha.Teampeetachick4 21:40, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
You can see who I prefer by my username but I'm curious, who is your favorite and why?
Teampeetachick4 21:34, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
None Team Cato 11:32, April 28, 2012 (UTC)AlexanderLudwig'sBaby AlexanderLudwig'sBaby I´m team Cato! Totally.
Peeta - Josh Edit
Peeta/Josh Hutcherson's ChinEdit
In real life (interviews, red carpet etc.) and in other movies, Josh's chin is a proper cherry/round chin, but in the movie, he has a very defined butt chin. Why have they done this, I can't remember this being in the book, so why? I've searched around but there isnt anything about this... Anyone else notice this?
It even increases and decreases throughout the film....
Cherishcherub 17:14, March 31, 2012 (UTC)cherishcherub
The Refresh ButtonEdit
Okay, 2 things about the refresh button- 1. It usually fails to actually refresh anything, at least in my case. 2. I feel we should make it say "Rethresh" instead. Is anybody else having difficulties with the button? Okay, thanks (and, no, I don't *try* to be awkward. it's a natural occurence.).
Germany Hunger Games WikiEdit
Hey,i am Admin(Not Founder) in theGermany Hunger Games Wiki and , we can give on the down a Section : "Languages" and give there an Link to the German Wiki.(That have many Wikis) I will the same do , in the Germany Hunger Games Wiki. Please write your Minds to this Request.
The Wiki Chat Edit
The Page was with the German Hunger Games Wiki conected, hope this is ok.
i cant seem to get onto chatEdit
why cant i get onto chat why is that?Roboticking45 10:56, May 12, 2012 (UTC)
On the main page, under "We Need Your Help" you have a link that should go to the "Hunger Games" film page, that instead goes to the novel page. Just thought you should know. :)
HagathaMackloud 07:52, May 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Done. 16:20, May 21, 2012 (UTC)
Edits & Credits Edit
I was wondering why the last contributor gets credited for an uploaded picture, even though all they might have done is change the name of the image? I uploaded many of the latest images to the front page slide-show, but other contributors are "credited" with the upload. Doesn't quite seem fair ... HagathaMackloud (talk) 15:49, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
This is a great site, but I do have problems with grammar and spelling here--and firmly feel if you find such a mistake that it is a good idea to correct it. That way the site looks more professional--and I mean that in a good way. BTW, there is no such word as "casted" in the context of an actor being chosen to fill a role in one of the films. And I see that around here ALOT! Sorry, it's the English teacher (and Harry Potter site moderator) in me ... :) HagathaMackloud (talk) 17:46, September 30, 2012 (UTC)
May I suggest changing the color of this horrid*no disrespect intended* orange to something more plesant. (I am reffering to the main back ground color)☜User:Leapkit☠☯☁Talk☞ 01:13, October 14, 2012 (UTC)
Why was the main page? Sometimes there are grammar mistakes or stuff. That we can fix when no admin is on at the time. But why was it locked?
- The main page is locked to prevent vandalism because it is a very frequently-viewed page. Any grammar mistakes can be reported here and an admin will fix them; if an error has been hanging around then it won't be a big deal if it isn't dealt with immediately. It's more important to keep this page from being vandalized. And any big changes to the main page will be made by an admin or Wikia staff member anyways. -TagAlongPam (talk) 01:37, January 4, 2013 (UTC)
CHART MAKING Edit
Does anyone know how to make a chart?
- Click edit on the page/blog you want to make a table and on the right hand side under the "Add features and media" heading there should me an icon titled 'Table'. 16:39, April 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Probably, but I'm quite contented with the current one. -- I'd like your feedback as to whether I was brilliant or simply outstanding. 08:01, May 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes it's for the first film, but almost all the characters on it have some relevance to the rest of the films, i.e. Katniss, Peeta, Haymitch etc. The only ones who aren't relevant as of the 2nd film are Rue and Cato. But like Paul, I'm happy with the current background. --
Annie Cresta Edit
Do you think Stef Dawson should be Annie Cresta? I think that Annie should have a little edge. Like she was distant and not really there. To be distracted in her own world where she lives in and only comes up to reality just a few seconds. It's like being underwater. You dive in and you're in a differrent world, some where far off and you only come up long enough to exchange a few questioned words and to get some air. I think that's how Annie should be. Annie should have dark brown hair, clouded longing green eyes, and pale skin.
On the circle thingy, where they link up the front covers/posters of the books/films, shouldn't we replace Catching Fire's with the actual pin? The bronze jabberjay, I mean. I think we should, it would look more professional, just like when Mockingjay's released we should replace the fanmade one displayed now. Anyone else agree?
What's you're Favriote quote??
Side Face ChangeEdit
Hey, guys I don't really want to bother anyone but since Catching Fire is out I think the faces on the side (Rue, Cato, etc) need to be changed, to other characters, but in Catching Fire like say, Finnink, Johanna, Mags?
Catching Fire!! :)
I honestly can say the 1st 2 books and movies are more excting than the last books!!! They have more action and more thrill