- "Every Revolution Begins With a Spark."
- ―Official tagline
Gary Ross, who directed The Hunger Games, opted not to return to direct The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. He cited the time needed to write and prep the movie given its tight production schedule as the deciding factor in a joint statement with Lions Gate Entertainment on April 10, 2012. Instead, the film will be directed by Francis Lawrence, with screenplay by Michael Arndt, Simon Beaufoy, and Suzanne Collins. On May 24, 2012, it was announced that the film would be officially renamed The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
The movie begins with a distressed Katniss. She almost shot Gale walking to her, clearly showing she has post-traumatic stress disorder. This also made her imagine she shot Marvel when turkey hunting . The two then return home. After surviving the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark return home to District 12. Katniss and Peeta are required to take victory tour of the country and pay respect to the fallen tributes of the other districts. President Coriolanus Snow visits Katniss in her new, lavish home and tells her she has inspired rebellions in the districts, when she and Peeta threatened to commit suicide so that they would both survive the Games. He orders Katniss to convince the entire country that her and Peeta's love was the reason for their actions, and to convince Snow himself, or he will ensure that her loved ones suffer. Katniss and Peeta have been cold towards each other since coming home, except when cameras are around, because her 'love' for him in the Games was staged, while his is real. However, while heading out on the tour, Peeta admits he is grateful to Katniss for saving them in the Games, and suggests they should try being just friends.
The tour first visits District 11, home of Rue, the young girl Katniss befriended in last year's Games, and of Thresh, who spared Katniss when he could have killed her. Peeta generously pledges an annual portion of their winnings to help compensate the families (which is against convention) and Katniss emotionally voices her gratitude to Thresh and her regret over Rue's death. An old man in the crowd whistles the tune that Katniss and Rue used to signal each other, and makes the three-finger salute of District 12 to Katniss and Peeta. Everyone follows the man's example, until Peacekeepers drag him to the stage and shoot him, to Katniss's horror and anger. Their mentor, Haymitch Abernathy, tells Katniss and Peeta the "show" of their relationship must continue for the rest of their lives, because as victors, they no longer have private lives. He tells them they need to use their love facade to conceal their real feelings on the Tour, because anything else encourages reactions in the districts, rather than pacifying them as Snow wants. Katniss proposes a public engagement between herself and Peeta, which is carried out and celebrated at Snow's home in the Capitol after they tour the other districts. However, during the party when Katniss catches President Snow's eye he glares at her and shakes his head, indicating she didn't meet his demands.
Later, Snow watches footage of rebels fighting in District 8 (who carry banners of Katniss's mockingjay insignia) with Plutarch Heavensbee, the man replacing the late Seneca Crane as Head Gamemaker. Snow remarks that Katniss only wanted to save herself and Peeta, but she is a beacon of hope to the rebels and must be eliminated. Plutarch makes a counter-suggestion that Katniss should be used to show the Districts how the Victors become lackeys of the Capitol, while simultaneously cracking down on the districts to take away their hope. Snow muses this is risky, as fear does not always extinguish hope, but decides to test Plutarch's plan.
Returning home, Katniss warns her closest friend, Gale Hawthorne, of President Snow's threat to kill both their families, and asks him to run away with her and Peeta. Gale, who is in love with her, is angry about her 'engagement' to Peeta, but he is distracted when she mentions having seen an uprising in District 8 and refuses to leave, thinking now is the time to fight back. Peacekeepers arrive to crack down on District 12, and Gale is publicly whipped after attacking new Head Peacekeeper, Romulus Thread. Katniss, resigned that she cannot prevent the districts from rebelling even if she wanted to, decides she will stay with Gale and 'cause all kinds of trouble'. She is supported in this by her sister Prim.
President Snow announces Panem's third Quarter Quell, a special version of the Hunger Games that is held every 25 years. For this Quell, all tributes are to be selected from the existing pool of victors, meaning Katniss will be back in the Games no matter what. After overcoming her initial terror, Katniss makes a deal with Haymitch to ensure Peeta becomes the Quarter Quell's victor, should he compete in the Games, because she sees him as a better person than herself or Haymitch. At the reaping, Katniss, the district's only living female tribute, and Haymitch are reaped by chaperone, Effie Trinket. Peeta immediately volunteers to take Haymitch's place to protect Katniss and they are sent directly to the train, without a chance to say goodbye to their loved ones.
When they reach the Capitol, Haymitch tells Katniss she needs allies during these Games, because the other tributes know one another and will target her and Peeta. Katniss dislikes the Career Tributes (Cashmere and Gloss from District 1, and Brutus and Enobaria from District 2) and mistrusts the temperamental Johanna Mason from District 7, and Capitol favorite, Finnick Odair of District 4. She befriends the District 3 tributes, Wiress and Beetee, as well as Finnick's fellow tribute and mentor, a kindly old woman named Mags. Katniss herself is much sought after as an ally after the other tributes see her archery skills. However, she confesses to Peeta the night before the Games that she doesn't want to be allies with anyone except him.
During the final interview with Caesar Flickerman, Katniss becomes aware of how angry the Tributes are with the situation, as they are trying to convince the President to cancel the Games. Katniss is forced to wear her wedding dress by President Snow, but her stylist and friend Cinna designed it to burn away when she twirled, revealing a mockingjay dress underneath, symbolizing the rebellion. This infuriates President Snow. Peeta follows this up by lying that he and Katniss married secretly and are expecting a child, throwing the audience into uproar. Finally, the tributes join hands in a show of unity among the districts, defying the Capitol. The interview is abruptly cut off, but the Games are still on. Effie bids Katniss and Peeta a surprisingly emotional farewell despite her Capitol background, saying they deserved better and that she is sorry. Katniss reminds Haymitch of his promise to help keep Peeta alive, and he gives her one last piece of advice: "When you're out in that arena, remember who the real enemy is."
Seconds before Katniss is to be launched into the Games, Peacekeepers enter the room and beat Cinna unconscious, which she is forced to watch in horror. She is lifted into a jungle arena, with the Cornucopia at the center of a massive saltwater lake divided into wedges by twelve narrow stone paths. After an initial battle on reaching the Cornucopia, Katniss teams up with Finnick Odair and Mags because Finnick is wearing a gold bracelet belonging Haymitch, indicating she should trust Finnick. The Careers immediately form their own alliance. After Finnick retrieves Peeta and they pick up weapons, they head into the jungle. President Snow, watching the Games with Plutarch, is already growing impatient. Plutarch reassures him he just wants the audience to see Katniss turn cold-blooded. Snow tells him he can proceed however he prefers, as long as the Games finish with Katniss dead.
Meanwhile, during the Hunger Games, Katniss sees a shimmer of the forcefield and just as she warned Peeta, he hits the forcefield at the edge of the arena, which stops his heart, until Finnick is able to revive him, to Katniss's relief. During the night, a thick, poisonous fog appears. Mags bravely sacrifices herself, to Finnick's grief, so that the other three can outrun the fog, which abruptly halts after a certain distance. They rest in the forest, but are soon attacked by a pack of vicious mutt mandrils. Peeta is unexpectedly saved when the woman from District 6, a camouflage expert and drug addict, sacrifices herself.
They escape to the beach, and are met by Wiress, Beetee, and Johanna at dawn. Wiress is in shock after they went through a section of the arena that rained blood; Beetee is injured and carrying a strange coil of wire. Wiress discovers that the arena is designed like a clock and every hour a specific attack occurs in its designated section, communicating this by repeating the same phrase: "Tick, tock". The twelve-hour section is pointed to by the tail of the Cornucopia, where a lightning storm strikes around a huge tree. The six allies go to the Cornucopia to view the clock system more closely, but they are suddenly ambushed by the Careers. Wiress is fatally stabbed by Gloss, but Katniss shoots Gloss in the heart and Johanna kills Cashmere with her axe; Brutus and Enobaria escape. In the control room, Plutarch Heavensbee sets the Cornucopia island spinning to confuse the tributes' ability to tell time, but when Katniss falls off the island and seems about to drown, he abruptly halts.
After recovering their weapons, the alliance regroups on the beach. Katniss and Finnick are accidentally drawn into a section of the clock inhabited by jabberjays which scream identically to their loved ones, torturing them for an hour. Later, Peeta and Katniss discuss leaving the alliance. Katniss knows they will have to fight them once the Careers are dead and she doesn't want to kill Finnick or Beetee, but she must to keep Peeta alive. Peeta agrees they will leave the alliance after midnight, then mentions that whatever deals she made with Haymitch to keep him alive, Haymitch made promises to Peeta too. Peeta reasons that if Katniss died, he would have nothing to live for, and there are people at home who need her, whereas nobody needs him. Katniss counters that she does need him, and kisses him passionately, no longer acting. Watching from the control room, President Snow shows satisfaction, agreeing that Plutarch predicted accurately that Katniss would reach this point and sacrifice herself. Plutarch nods, then leaves the room, telling Snow to enjoy the rest of the show.
Beetee suggests a plan to electrocute the two remaining tributes outside the alliance, Careers Brutus and Enobaria, using his wire and the tree that is struck by lightning at 12:00, connected to the saltwater pool and the damp beach. He tells Finnick and Peeta to protect him near the tree until midnight, while Katniss and Johanna run the end of the wire down to the beach. Katniss and Peeta are very reluctant to separate now, but she agrees to lay the wire when Finnick and Beetee imply she intends to break the alliance. Katniss tells Peeta she will see him at midnight and departs. When the wire is unexpectedly cut after a distance, Johanna suddenly concusses Katniss, cutting the tracker out of her arm and telling her to stay down, as the Careers are stalking them. She leads Brutus and Enobaria away from the weakened Katniss.
Thinking Finnick and Johanna broke the alliance, Katniss tries to find Peeta back at the tree, but finds only Beetee, who was stunned after touching the wire to the forcefield. Unable to find Peeta, and hearing the sound of a cannon (the indicator of a tribute's death), she calls out for him frantically. When Finnick appears, she prepares to shoot him, but he stops her by repeating Haymitch's last advice: "Remember who the real enemy is". Changing her mind, Katniss attaches the remaining wire to an arrow. Finnick warns Katniss not to do it, but she shoots at the force field just as the lightning strike occurs, blowing up the tree with hundreds of sparks, and shutting down the forcefield around the arena. This electrocutes Katniss, and causes a power outage in the control room. Shocked, President Snow calls Plutarch Heavensbee angrily, but Heavensbee is gone. Katniss is paralyzed by the explosion and is too weak to move or speak. She opens her eyes and sees burning sections of the arena dome crashing down around her. A hovercraft appears, descends into the wreckage, and picks her up before Katniss passes out.
She awakens in the hovercraft with an unconscious Beetee beside her. Entering the cockpit, Katniss picks up a needle, ready to attack, but unexpectedly, she finds Haymitch, Finnick, and Plutarch Heavensbee, revealed to be a rebel agent against Snow. Plutarch explain that they and the district rebels, along with half of the tributes, had been planning to free her to help support their revolution against the Capitol, as "The Mockingjay"; the hovercraft is headed for District 13. When Katniss learns Peeta and Johanna were captured by the Capitol, she attacks Haymitch for not keeping his promise to save Peeta. Plutarch sedates her, and she awakens days later with Gale by her side, who informs that her family is safe, but District 12 has been destroyed by the Capitol. Katniss, in shock, horror and sadness, begins to look mad in fury, planning to get revenge against the Capitol, personally.
The story continues in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.
- Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss Everdeen, one of the victors of the 74th Hunger Games. Protagonist of the story.
- Josh Hutcherson - Peeta Mellark, the other victor of the 74th Hunger Games. His on-screen romance with Katniss helped keep them both alive in the Games. Katniss is uncertain of her feelings towards Peeta, though he loves her.
- Alan Ritchson - Gloss, male Career Tribute from District 1, and victor of the 63rd Hunger Games. He is one of Katniss' enemies in the 75th Hunger Games, along with his sister, Cashmere. Gloss and Cashmere won previous consecutive Hunger Games.
- Stephanie Leigh Schlund - Cashmere, female Career Tribute from District 1, and victor of the 64th Hunger Games. She is one of Katniss' enemies in the Games, along with her brother Gloss.
- Meta Golding - Enobaria, vicious female tribute from District 2, former victor of the 62nd Hunger Games. Enobaria is known for using her teeth in battle. She is a Career Tribute and one of Katniss' enemies in the Games.
- Bruno Gunn - Brutus, male Career Tribute from District 2. He, too, is one of Katniss' enemies in the 75th Hunger Games.
- Amanda Plummer - Wiress, female tribute from District 3 for the 75th Hunger Games,, and one of Katniss' allies.
- Jeffrey Wright - Beetee, male tribute from District 3 for the 75th Hunger Games. He is an electronics expert and one of Katniss' allies.
- Lynn Cohen - Mags, elderly mute female tribute from District 4 for the 75th Hunger Games. She is one of Katniss' allies for the 75th Games and a mentor to Finnick.
- Sam Claflin - Finnick Odair, handsome and very skilled male tribute from District 4 for the 75th Hunger Games, victor of the 65th Hunger Games, and one of Katniss' allies in the arena.
- Ivette Li-Sanchez - District 5 female tribute.
- James Logan - District 5 male tribute.
- Megan Hayes - District 6 female tribute and Morphling addict.
- Justin Hix - District 6 male tribute and Morphling addict.
- Jena Malone - Johanna Mason, aggressive female tribute from District 7 for the 75th Hunger Games, victor of the 71st Hunger Games, and one of Katniss' allies.
- Bobby Jordan - Blight, male District 7 tribute. He is part of the rebellion.
- Elena Sanchez - Cecelia, female tribute from District 8. She is part of the rebellion and was one of the tributes Katniss wanted as an ally.
- John Casino - Woof, male tribute from District 8, and a part of the rebellion, alongside Cecelia.
- Marian Green - District 9 female tribute.
- Daniel Bernhardt - District 9 male tribute.
- Tiffany Waxler - District 10 female tribute.
- Jackson Spidell - District 10 male tribute.
- Maria Howell - Seeder, female tribute from District 11. She assured Katniss that Rue's and Thresh's families were safe and was one of the tributes Katniss wanted as an ally.
- E. Roger Mitchell - Chaff, male Tribute from District 11, he lost a hand on his way to becoming the victor of the 45th Hunger Games. Chaff is a friend of Haymitch.
- Liam Hemsworth - Gale Hawthorne, Katniss' best friend and hunting partner.
- Woody Harrelson - Haymitch Abernathy, Katniss' and Peeta's mentor and victor of the 2nd Quarter Quell.
- Elizabeth Banks - Effie Trinket, escort for the District 12 tributes.
- Lenny Kravitz - Cinna, Katniss' friend and stylist.
- Stanley Tucci - Caesar Flickerman, TV interviewer for the Games.
- Toby Jones - Claudius Templesmith, the arena announcer.
- Willow Shields - Primrose Everdeen, Katniss' sister. Her skills as a burgeoning Healer mirror those of her mother.
- Paula Malcomson - Mrs. Everdeen, Katniss' and Prim's mother and a healer that the people of the Seam rely upon to help keep them alive.
- Donald Sutherland - President Coriolanus Snow, dictatorial President of Panem.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman - Plutarch Heavensbee, the new Head Gamemaker.
- Patrick St. Esprit - Romulus Thread, a new Head Peacekeeper for District 12. He is sent by the Capitol to keep Katniss Everdeen in line and calm any signs of rebellion against the Capitol.
- Wilbur Fitzgerald - Cray, the old Head Peacekeeper for District 12.
- Stef Dawson - Annie Cresta, reaped for the 3rd Quarter Quell but was saved when Mags volunteered.
- Brooke Bundy - Octavia, a member of Katniss' prep team.
- Nelson Ascencio - Flavius, a member of Katniss' prep team.
- Gale Hawthorne: (after kissing Katniss Everdeen) "I had to do that. At least once."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Haymitch, wake up! It's Tour day! (she shakes him, but he doesn't move) Come on, Haymitch!" (she shakes him again, then picks up a mug of water. Moving out of his reach, she dumps the water on his head, causing him to spring upright, waving a knife in his hand)
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Whoaaargh! What are you doing?!"
- Katniss Everdeen: (irritable) Cameras are gonna be here in an hour. (he drops the knife, she shoves him back into his chair) If you wanted to be babied, you should have asked Peeta."
- Peeta Mellark: (enters the room) "Ask me what?"
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Ask you to wake me without givin' me pneumonia! (he glares at Katniss) You are a strangely dislikeable person (he notices the two bottles of liquor she just set on the table)...but you do have your virtues."
- Peeta Mellark: (awkwardly) "Would you like some bread, Katniss?" (he sets two loaves on the table)
- Katniss Everdeen: (equally awkward) "No, I ate at the Hob, but thank you."
- Peeta Mellark: "You're welcome." (he starts slicing the bread as Haymitch watches them in exhasperation)
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Brrrrrr. You two have a lot of warming up to do before showtime."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Which is in an hour, so, take a bath, Haymitch."
- Haymitch Abernathy: (irritably) "I just did!"
(Katniss enters her study to find President Snow waiting for her, watching a hologram of her and Peeta in the 74th Hunger Games.)
- President Snow: "Such bravery. Such spirit. Such...contempt." (indicates Katniss offering Peeta the nightlock berries for joint suicide)
- Katniss Everdeen: "President Snow. (sarcastically) What an honor."
- President Snow: "My dear, I think we can make this so much simpler if we agree not to lie to each other. What do you think?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "Yes, I think that would save time."
- President Snow: "Sit down please. (turns off the hologram as she sits across from him) I have a problem, Miss Everdeen. A problem that began the moment you revealed those poison berries in the arena. If that Head Gamemaker, Seneca Crane, had had any brains at all, he would have blown you to bits then and there. But, here you are- and I expect you can guess where he is."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Yes, I think so."
- President Snow: "After that fiasco, there was nothing left to do but to let you play out your little scenario- and you were very good. That whole love-crazed, besotted schoolgirl routine. (smiles) Impressive, truly. You convinced the people in the Capitol. (pause) Unfortunately, not everyone in the Districts fell for it. I mean, you can't know this, but in several of them, people viewed your little trick with the berries as an act of defiance. Not as an act of love. And, if a girl from District Twelve of all places, can defy the Capitol and walk away unharmed, what is to prevent them from doing the same? What is to prevent- say- an uprising? That can lead to revolution- and then, in a fraction of time, the whole system collapses."
- Katniss Everdeen: "It must be a fragile system, if it can be brought down by a few berries."
- President Snow: (laughs) "Yes, it is, indeed; but not in the way you imagine it."
- Katniss Everdeen: "How should I imagine?"
- President Snow: (coldly) "You should imagine thousands upon thousands of your people dead. This town of yours reduced to ashes. Imagine it gone, made radioactive, buried under dirt as if it had never existed, like District Thirteen. (leans forward) You fought very hard in the Games, Miss Everdeen; but they were Games. (pause) Would you like to be in a real war?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "No."
- President Snow: "Good. Neither would I. (dips a cookie in his tea) Did your mother make these?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "Peeta."
- President Snow: (smiles benevolently) "Oh, he's a lovely boy. (leans forward)Tell me. At what point did he realize the depth of your...indifference towards him?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "I'm not indifferent."
- President Snow: "Don't lie! You promised." (takes a bite of the cookie)
- Katniss Everdeen: (pause) "Why don't you just kill me now?"
- President Snow: (smiles and shakes his head) "I don't want to kill you. I want us to be friends; but if not friends, then allies."
- Katniss Everdeen: "What do I need to do?"
- President Snow: "While you and Peeta are on Tour, you need to smile; you need to be grateful. But above all, you need to be madly, prepared-to-end-it-all in love. You think you can manage that?"
- Katniss Everdeen: (nodding) "Yes."
- President Snow: "Yes, what?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "I'll convince them."
- President Snow: "No...Convince me. (lays a genetically enhanced white rose on the desk) For you, Miss Everdeen. (he stands up to leave) Do convince me... (turns on the hologram of Gale kissing Katniss, to Katniss' horror) for the sake of your loved ones."
- Peeta Mellark: "You don't have to apologize to anybody, including me. I know it's not fair of me to hold you to things you said in the Games. You saved us. I know that. But I can't go on acting for the cameras and then just ignoring each other in real life. (Katniss looks away) So if you can stop looking at me like I'm wounded, then I can quit acting like it. And then maybe we have a shot at being friends."
- Katniss Everdeen: "I've never been very good at friends."
- Peeta Mellark: "For starters, it does help when you know the person. I hardly know anything about you except that you're stubborn, and good with a bow."
- Katniss Everdeen: (smiles) "That about sums me up."
- Peeta Mellark: (laughs) No, there's more than that. You just don't want to tell me."
- Katniss Everdeen: "It's like I said, I'm-"
- Peeta Mellark: "See, Katniss, the way the whole friend thing works, is you have to tell each other...the 'deep stuff'."
- Katniss Everdeen: "The 'deep stuff'? Uh-oh. Like what?"
- Peeta Mellark: "Like...what's your favorite color?"
- Katniss Everdeen: (laughs) "Well, now you've stepped over the line."
- Peeta Mellark: (laughs) "Seriously, though, what is it?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "Green. (pause) What's yours?"
- Peeta Mellark: "Orange."
- Katniss Everdeen: (gives him a skeptical look) "Like Effie's hair?"
- Peeta Mellark: (smiles) "No, not that orange. More like a...sunset kind of orange."
(Katniss wakes up screaming from a nightmare; Peeta rushes into her room, concerned)
- Katniss Everdeen: "It was just a dream. I'm sorry."
- Peeta Mellark: "It's okay. I get 'em too. Good night." (turns to leave)
- Katniss Everdeen: "Peeta... will you stay with me?"
- Peeta Mellark: "Yeah... (lies next to her and holds her) Always."
- Effie Trinket: "Eyes bright, chins up, smiles on! (gestures over her shoulder) "I'm talking to you, Katniss!"
- Effie Trinket: "Katniss, Peeta, this is Plutarch Heavensbee. Head Gamemaker; successor to Seneca Crane."
- Peeta Mellark: "That's a tough act to follow."
- Effie Trinket: (sharply) "Peeta!"
- Plutarch Heavensbee: (laughs) "May I?" (indicating he'd like to dance with Katniss; Peeta acquiesces) So, how do you like the party?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "It's a little overwhelming."
- Plutarch Heavensbee: (smiles knowingly) "It's appalling. Still, if you abandon your moral judgement, it can be fun."
- Katniss Everdeen: "So are you having fun?"
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "I'm the Head Gamemaker. Fun is my job."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Thought that was what happened to Seneca Crane. Too much fun."
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "Seneca decided...to quit breathing."
- Katniss: (sarcastically) "Decided?"
- Plutarch Heavensbee: (shrugs) "It was that, or poison berries. Being Head Gamemaker has never been the most secure job in the world."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Then why are you here?"
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "Same reason as you: I volunteered."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Why?"
- Plutarch Heavensbee: (shrugs) "Ambition...the chance to make the Games mean something."
- Katniss Everdeen: (contemptuously) "The Games don't mean anything. They only mean to scare us."
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "Well, maybe it was you who inspired me to come back. (a fanfare sounds) Ah, the Presidential welcome. I'm sure we'll meet again."
- Gale Hawthorne: "It's finally happening."
- Katniss Everdeen: "I should've just eaten the berries and died like I was supposed to. Then everything would be back to normal and everyone would be safe-"
- Gale Hawthorne: "Safe-for what?! To starve?! Work like slaves, send their kids to the Reaping?! You haven't hurt people, Katniss; you've given them an opportunity. They just have to be brave enough to take it. There's already talk in the mines; people wanna fight!"
- Katniss Everdeen: "We have to go, Gale, before they kill us! They will kill us."
- Gale Hawthorne: (glares at her) "What about the other families, huh? The ones who stay, what happens to them?! People are looking to you, Katniss."
- Katniss Everdeen: (angrily) "I don't want anyone looking to me. I can't help them!" (Gale pulls her behind the bushes as convoys of armored cars and Peacekeepers appear, heading for District Twelve)
- Gale: "You do what you want. I'm staying here."
(Katniss kisses Gale while he's unconscious from painkillers; Gale briefly wakes up)
- Gale Hawthorne: "Hey, Catnip."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Hey."
- Gale Hawthorne: "Thought you'd be gone by now."
- Katniss Everdeen: (smiles) "I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna stay right here and cause all kinds of trouble."
- Gale Hawthorne: (smiles before he passes out again) "Me too."
- Katniss Everdeen: "How can we live like this? How can anybody live like this?"
- Primrose Everdeen: "It's not living. But...since the last Games, something's different. I can see it."
- Katniss Everdeen: (looks at her) "What can you see?"
- Primrose Everdeen: (pauses, looks back at her) "Hope."
- Katniss Everdeen: "You understand that whatever I do, comes back to you and Mom. I don't want you to get hurt."
- Primrose Everdeen: "You don't have to protect me. Or Mom. We're with you." (Katniss hugs her)
- Katniss Everdeen: "I love you."
- Primrose Everdeen: "I love you, too."
- President Snow: "If you cannot contain Katniss Everdeen, then I will have to terminate her! And not just her. Her entire species has to be... eliminated." (nods to the hologram of Haymitch, Katniss and Peeta interrupting Romulus Thread from whipping Gale)
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "Her species, sir?"
- President Snow: "The other victors! Now, because of her, they all pose a threat. Because of her, they all think they're invincible. Whatever game you think you're playing...those out there are not playing it with you."
- Plutarch Heavensbee: (smiles) "There's a way we can still win. It's what we Gamemakers like to call a 'wrinkle'."
- Haymitch Abernathy: (drunk, watching Katniss enter his kitchen after they hear about the Quarter Quell) "Ahh, there she is! Finally did the math, huh? And you've come to...what? Ask me to die?"
- Katniss Everdeen: (grabbing Haymitch's liquor bottle and taking a pull at it) "I'm here to drink."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Oh, finally, something I can help you with. (pause) What's it say that Peeta was here forty-five minutes ago, begging to save your life, and you only just now show up?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "It means we have to save him."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "You could live a hundred lifetimes and never deserve that boy."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Come on, Haymitch. Nobody decent ever wins the Games."
- Haymitch: (bitterly) "Nobody ever wins the Games, period. There are survivors...there's no winners."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Peeta has to survive. We have to do whatever it takes to save him."
- Haymitch Abernathy: (pause) "Alright. If they call his name, I'll volunteer in his place."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Haymitch, thank you."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "But they call my name and Peeta volunteers, there's nothing I can do."
- Katniss Everdeen: "You can help him in the arena, like you did for me."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Ah, I think these Games are gonna be different."
- Katniss Everdeen: "I don't care. Do whatever you can. Peeta lives, not me. Promise me."
- Haymitch Abernathy: (reluctantly) "Okay."
- Effie Trinket: "Welcome, Welcome! As we celebrate the 75th anniversary and 3rd Quarter Quell of The Hunger Games. As always (falters)... Ladies first. (she looks sadly at Katniss as she reaches for the one piece of paper, with Katniss' name on it) The female tribute from District 12... Katniss Everdeen. (Katniss comes forward with tears in her eyes, Effie looks genuinely sorry)Wonderful! And now, for the men. (Katniss looks at Haymitch as Efie reaches for a name; he nods to her) The male tribute from District 12... Haymitch Abernathy." (Katniss gasps in horror)
- Peeta Mellark: "I volunteer as tribute." (Haymitch grabs his arm to stop him)
- Haymitch Abernathy: "I can't let you do that."
- Peeta Mellark: "You can't stop me."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Peeta-"
- Peeta Mellark: "Let go." (walks over to join Effie and Katniss, who is looking on in despair)
- Effie Trinket: (with a huge effort) "Wonderful! The tributes from District 12: Katniss Everdeen... and Peeta Mellark. (she puts her hands on their shoulders) Well, all that remains is- (she stops as Prim, Mrs. Everdeen and Gale make the farewell salute of District 12, and the entire crowd joins them. Katniss and Peeta return the salute. Suddenly, Romulus Thread grabs Katniss' arm and begins dragging her and Peeta towards the Justice Building) Wait! I-"
- Primrose Everdeen: "Katniss!"
- Katniss Everdeen: "I get to say goodbye!"
- Primrose Everdeen: "Katniss!"
- Romulus Thread: "New rule- straight to the train."
- Katniss Everdeen: "No! I get to say goodbye!"
- Primrose Everdeen: "Katniss!"
- Katniss Everdeen: (desperately, as Thread pulls her through the doors) "Goodbye!"
- Haymitch Abernathy: "I want you both to forget everything you think you know about the Games. (pours himself a drink) Last year was child's play- this year, you're dealing with all-experienced killers."
- Peeta Mellark: "So...what does that mean for us?"
- Haymitch Abernathy: "It means, you're gonna have to have some allies."
- Peeta Mellark: "Okay, well I think if we-"
- Haymitch Abernathy: (cuts him off with a raised hand) "Ah-ah-ah. You're not the problem. (points to Katniss)
- Katniss Everdeen: (shakes her head) "No."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Look, you're starting at a disadvantage. Most of these people have been friends for years."
- Katniss Everdeen: "That just puts us higher on their kill list!"
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Do it your way, but I know these people. You go in alone, their first move will be to hunt you down- both of you."
- Peeta Mellark: "Katniss, come on."
- Katniss Everdeen: (pause) "How could any of us trust each other?"
- Haymitch Abernathy: "It's not about trust. It's about staying alive."
(Haymitch is briefing Katniss and Peeta on other significant tributes in the Quarter Quell, beginning with District One tributes)
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Cashmere and Gloss. Brother and sister, District One. They won back-to-back Games, Capitol favorites. Lots of sponsors- they will be lethal. (changes the screen to District Two tributes) And the other half of the Career Pack, Brutus and Enobaria."
- Katniss Everdeen: (noticing Enobaria's viciously sharpened teeth) "What's with her teeth?"
- Haymitch Abernathy: (dryly) "She had them filed into fangs so she could rip people's throats out."
- Peeta Mellark: "She's committed, I'll give her that."
- Haymitch (switching the screen to District Three tributes) "Wiress and Beetee, District Three. Not fighters, but brillant. And...weird. Real tech-savvy. He won his Games by electrocuting six Tributes at once. (switching to District Six tributes) The Morphlings, masters of camouflage. Basically, won their Games by hiding until everyone else was dead. Self-medicating ever since, which I applaud, not a threat." (switches to District Four tributes)
- Katniss Everdeen: (recognizes one of them) "Finnick Odair, right?"
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Yes. He won his Games at fourteen, youngest ever. Extremely... humble."
- Katniss Everdeen: "You're kidding."
- Haymitch Abernathy: (sarcastically) "Yes, I'm kidding. He's a peacock, a total preener. But he's the Capitol darling, they love him here. Charming, smart, and very skilled in combat, especially in water."
- Peeta Mellark: "What about weaknesses?"
- Haymitch: (cutting the camera to Mags Cohen volunteering for a frightened Annie Cresta) "One. Mags. She volunteered for Annie. Mags was his mentor, and basically raised him. If he's trying to protect her in any way, it exposes him."
- Katniss Everdeen: (watching Finnick hug Mags onscreen) "A guy like that has to know she's not gonna make it. I bet when it really goes down to it, he won't protect her."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Well, Katniss, I just hope when she goes, she goes quickly. She's actually a ...wonderful lady."
- Finnick Odair: "Katniss!"
- Katniss Everdeen: "Hello, Finnick."
- Finnick Odair: "Do you want a sugar cube? (tosses one in his palm) I mean it's supposed to be for the horses, but who cares about them, right? They got years to eat sugar, whereas you and I, well, if we see something sweet, we better grab it."
- Katniss Everdeen: "No, thanks. But I would love to borrow that outfit someday. (indicates Finnick's parade outfit, which leaves his athletic chest and arms bare except for a coral necklace and a pendant)
- Finnick Odair: (grins) "You look pretty terrifying in that getup. What happened to all the pretty little-girl dresses?"
- Katniss Everdeen: (sharply) "I outgrew them."
- Finnick Odair: "You certainly did. (grins) Shame about this Quell thing. I mean, you could've made out like a bandit in the Capitol. Jewels, money, anything you wanted."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Well, I don't like jewels, and I have more money than I need so, what did you do with all your wealth, anyway?"
- Finnick Odair: "I haven't dealt in anything as common as money in years."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Then how do people pay for the pleasure of your company?"
- Finnick Odair: (steps very close to Katniss and smiles) "With secrets. What about you, Girl on Fire? Any secrets worth my time?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "I'm an open book. Everybody always seems to know my secrets before I know them myself."
- Finnick Odair: "Unfortunately, I think that's true. (notices Peeta approaching them) I'm sorry you had to cancel your wedding. I know how devastating that must be for you. Have a good day. (pops the sugar cube in his mouth, grins at her and walks away, nodding to Peeta ) Peeta."
- Peeta Mellark: "Finnick. (to Katniss) What'd he want?"
- Katniss Everdeen: (smiles) "To know all my secrets."
- Peeta Mellark: (smiles) "He'll have to get in line."
- Haymitch Abernathy: (clapping) "Nice! Way to make friends out there, you two."
- Katniss Everdeen: (sarcastically) "Well, we learned from the best."
- Haymitch Abernathy: (indicating the District 11 Tributes)"I want to introduce you to some special friends of mine. This is Seeder- (Seeder nods respectfully)- and Chaff- (Chaff grins, then hugs Katniss and kisses her on the lips, startling her; he and Haymitch laugh) He's very friendly. Don't invite him over, he'll drink up your liquor. (leads Katniss and Peeta towards the elevator) Let's get some of that make-up off you and chat about these other Tributes."
- Katniss Everdeen: "These Tributes are crazy!"
- Haymitch Abernathy: "No- not all of 'em. He's okay. (to the Peacekeepers at the elevator, mockingly) Carry on." (as he, Peeta and Katniss get in, Johanna Mason follows them in.)
- Johanna Mason: "You guys look...amazing."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Thank you."
- Johanna Mason: "My stylist is such an idiot. District Seven. Lumber, trees. (she pulls the ornaments out of her hair and off her wrists, impatiently) I'd love to put my axe in her face. So, what do think? Now that the whole world wants to sleep with you?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "I don't think that the whole world-"
- Johanna Mason: (turning around) "I wasn't talking to you."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Okay."
- Johanna Mason: (to Peeta) "Will you unzip?"
- Peeta Mellark: "Yeah." (he unzips the back of her dress; Katniss glares at him. Johanna proceeds to strip the dress off, observing Peeta and Haymitch smugly; Haymitch grins back at her, while Peeta looks mildly surprised and amused. Katniss stares in another direction, clearly very uncomfortable. When the elevator reaches Joahnna's floor, she winks at Haymitch)
- Johanna Mason: "Thanks. Let's do it again sometime." (she leaves the elevator, still naked)
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Thank you. (To Peeta and Katniss, still grinning) Johanna Mason, District Seven."
- Haymitch Abernathy: (to Katniss) "Good news- at least half the Tributes want you as an ally."
- Peeta Mellark: (grinning) "They saw her shoot."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Well, Sweetheart, you got your pick of the litter."
- Katniss Everdeen: "I want Wiress and Beetee."
- Peeta Mellark: (dismissively) "Johanna calls them Nuts and Volts."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Well, alright- who else?"
- Katniss Everdeen: (pause, defensively) "Mags. (sees both Haymitch and Peeta looking incredulous) Alright, then no-one!"
- Haymitch Abernathy: (pause) "I'll tell them you're still making up your mind."
- Katniss Everdeen: (sadly, referring to the other Victor-Tributes) "Peeta, how are we gonna kill these people?"
- Peeta Mellark: "Thank you, Haymitch. For everything." (he and Haymitch hug, and Haymitch turns to Katniss)
- Katniss Everdeen: "Any last advice?"
- Haymitch Abernathy: (gives her a knowing smile) "Stay alive." (he turns to leave)
- Katniss Everdeen: "Haymitch, wait. (she hugs him, whispering in his ear) Remember our deal. Do whatever it takes to keep him alive. Promise me."
- Haymitch Abernathy: "Okay. (pause) Katniss, when you're in the arena...remember who the real enemy is."
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "Just wait. They're holding hands now, but the minute the gun goes off, it'll be a bloodbath, and the whole idea of revolution will be discredited."
- President Snow: "And the idea of her?! (indicates Katniss in her mockingjay dress) The idea of the Mockingjay?"
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "The more allies she betrays, the more friends she kills...the more she reveals her true self."
- President Snow: "As long as it ends with her picture in the sky, and the sound of cannon."
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "And it shall."
- President Snow: "It better." (gives Plutarch a threatening look)
- Plutarch Heavensbee: (attempting to placate him) "Let's watch her get her hands dirty first."
- President Snow: "H'm."
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "Excuse me. (enters the room where the Game technicians are sitting at attention, pauses) Let's start." (the technicians power up the arena)
- Katniss Everdeen: "That dress was beautiful. I think it was the best one you've ever made."
- Cinna: "I thought you'd like it."
- Katniss Everdeen: "I just wanted to tell you, because I don't-"
- Cinna: "Stop. (attatches her mockingjay pin to her sleeve) Remember, I'm still betting on you, Girl on Fire." (they hug each other)
- Voice of Claudius Templesmith: "Let the Seventy-Fifth Hunger Games begin. May the odds be ever in your favor."
(Katniss grabs a bow and arrows at the Cornucopia, shoots Gloss in the leg, then turns to see Finnick behind her and points her next arrow at him)
- Finnick Odair: (smiles and holds up his wrist, showing her Haymitch's gold bracelet from Effie) "Good thing we're allies, right?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "Where did you get that?"
- Finnick Odair: "Where do you think? Duck." (he throws his trident when she does, impaling a tribute behind her) Don't trust One or Two. You take this side- I'll go find Peeta. (Finnick races around the Cornucopia; Katniss shoots at Enobaria, who dodges by diving into the water) Katniss! Mags found him- he's over here."
- Finnick Odair: (laughs upon hearing the cannons signaling the deaths of some of the Tributes) "Well, I guess we're not holding hands anymore."
- Katniss Everdeen: (angrily) "You think that's funny?"
- Finnick Odair: "Every time that cannon goes off, it's music to my ears. I don't care about any of them."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Good to hear." (draws an arrow from her quiver threateningly. Finnick lifts his trident, pointing it at her with equal aggressiveness; Peeta and Mags watch them nervously)
- Finnick Odair: "Want to face the Career Pack alone? What would Haymitch say?"
- Katniss Everdeen: "Haymitch isn't here."
- Finnick Odair: "We should set up camp, and sleep in shifts. I'll take the first watch."
- Katniss Everdeen: (laughs) "Not a chance."
- Finnick Odair: (stands up, picks up his trident) "Honey, that thing that I did back there for Peeta? That was called saving his life. If I wanted to kill either of you, I would have done it by now."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Finnick, I'm sorry about Mags."
- Finnick Odair: (visibly restraining his grief) "She was never gonna make it, so..."
- Peeta Mellark: (on the female Morphling) "She sacrificed herself to save me, and I didn't even know her name."
- Katniss Everdeen: "You think she sacrificed herself?"
- Peeta Mellark: "Looked like it..."
- Katniss Everdeen: (to herself) "That doesn't make any sense..."
- Peeta Mellark: (after hearing the District 5 female scream) "That's new."
- Wiress: "Tick, tock. Tick, Tock. Tick, Tock!"
- Katniss Everdeen: "Tick, Tock...it's a clock. It's a clock! (hugs Wiress) Wiress, you're a genius!"
- Johanna Mason: "Your fiancee's right, the whole country loves your little sister. If they tortured her, forget the districts, there would be... riots in the damn Capitol. (gazes upwards) Hey, how does that sound, Snow?! What if, what if we set your backyard on fire? You know, you can't put everyone in here! (looks back at Finnick, Katniss, Peeta and Beetee who are watching her in shock) What?! He can't hurt me. There's no-one left that I love."
- Peeta Mellark: "Katniss, I don't know what kind of deals you made with Haymitch, but he made me promises too. If you die...and I live...I'd have nothing, nobody else that I care about."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Peeta..."
- Peeta Mellark: "It's different for you. Your family needs you. (opens his locket containing pictures of her mother, Prim and Gale) You have to live. For them."
- Katniss Everdeen: "What about you?"
- Peeta Mellark (smiles): "Nobody needs me."
- Katniss Everdeen: (pause) "I do. I need you." (kisses him)
- Katniss Everdeen: (hears a cannon fire and thinks Peeta is dead) "PEETA! PEETA!" (she crouches down, weakened by her injuries, and draws an arrow from her quiver)
- Finnick Odair: (from a distance) "Katniss, where are you?!" (Finnick bursts into the clearing by the lightning tree; Katniss has an arrow aimed at his heart, thinking he has broken their alliance. After a moment, he spots her and lifts his hands in a placating gesture)
- President Snow: (watching pleasedly from the control room) "Let it fly, Miss Everdeen. Let. It. Fly."
- Finnick Odair: "Katniss...remember who the real enemy is!" (Katniss pauses, then lowers her bow)
- President Snow: (after Katniss blew up the arena and caused a power outage) "...This is not possible. Heavensbee! (picks up a communicator when Plutarch doesn't answer) Plutarch Heavensbee!" (he goes into the control room; Plutarch is gone, and the game controllers are watching the display shut down)
- Game controller: "Sir, we've lost power." (Snow stares into space, in disbelief)
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "Katniss, you have been our mission from the beginning. The plan was always to get you out; half the tributes were in on it. This is the revolution, and you are the Mockingjay. And we're on our way to District Thirteen right now."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Thirteen?"
- Plutarch Heavensbee: "Yes, Thirteen."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Where's Peeta?" (Plutarch and Finnick both look away guiltily)
- Haymitch Abernathy: (clearly avoiding the question) "He still has his tracker in his arm. Johanna cut yours out."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Where is he?!"
- Haymitch Abernathy: (clearly ashamed of himself) "In the Capitol. They got him and Johanna."
- Katniss Everdeen: (losing control) You son of a bitch! (strikes him hard across the face and attacks him; Haymitch holds her off as Plutarch sticks a needle in her back, sedating her) You promised me you would save him over me! You promised me! You're a liar! You're a liar!" (she starts sobbing as she blacks out)
- Gale Hawthorne: (smiles) "Hey, Catnip. (Katniss has woken up in a District Thirteen hospital) You're okay, you've just been asleep for a few days."
- Katniss Everdeen: "Am I at home? (Gale looks away sadly, scaring Katniss) Gale? Where's Prim?"
- Gale Hawthorne: "She's alive. So is your mother. I got them out in time."
- Katniss Everdeen: (confused)"Got them out?.."
- Gale Hawthorne: "After the Games, they sent in hovercraft...and that's when they started dropping firebombs."
- Katniss Everdeen: (frightened) "They're not in Twelve?"
- Gale Hawthorne: (unable to look at her) "There is no District Twelve. It's all gone." (Katniss stares at the ceiling, first in horror, then grief, then anger)
- Main article: Catching Fire Soundtrack
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire earned $424,668,047 in North America and $439,897,616 in other countries for a worldwide total of $864,565,663. Worldwide, it is the 36th highest-grossing film, the highest-grossing film of the The Hunger Games series, the highest-grossing film distributed by Lionsgate and the fifth highest-grossing 2013 film.
Outside North America, it is the highest-grossing film of the The Hunger Games series, the highest-grossing film distributed by Lionsgate and the seventh highest-grossing 2013 film. On its first weekend, it was only released in Brazil (November 15, 2013), where it grossed $2.4 million on its opening day and $5.26 million for the weekend. On the following Wednesday and Thursday, it opened in 42 more territories, bringing its total to $32 million in a week. The film opened in 63 other territories and earned $138.4 million during the weekend ($146.6 million including its first week in Brazil). Its three largest openings occurred in the UK, Ireland and Malta ($19.8 million), China ($13.0 million) and Germany ($12.9 million). In total earnings, its largest countries are the UK, Ireland and Malta ($55.5 million), Germany ($43.4 million) and Australia ($34.3 million).
In North America, Catching Fire is the tenth highest-grossing film, the highest-grossing film of the The Hunger Games series, the highest-grossing film distributed by Lionsgate and the highest-grossing 2013 film. It became the first 2-D film since 2008's The Dark Knight, as well as the first film with a female lead since 1973's The Exorcist, to top the yearly box office. It is also the top-selling film in Fandango history, surpassing previous record-holder Avatar. The film earned $25.3 million during Thursday late-night showings. It topped the box office on its opening day with $71.0 million (including Thursday late-night showings), which is higher than its predecessor's opening day gross ($67.3 million) and is also the seventh largest single-day and opening-day gross. During its opening weekend, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire claimed first place with $158.1 million, opening higher than its predecessor ($152.5 million). This was the sixth highest-grossing opening weekend, the second highest-grossing opening weekend of 2013 and the highest-grossing opening weekend in November. It was in first place for two consecutive weekends. The film also broke the following records: the biggest Friday for a film in its second weekend, the largest 3-day ($74.2 million) and largest 5-day ($109.9 million) Thanksgiving gross. It achieved the fifth highest-grossing opening week (Friday-to-Thursday)the third highest non-opening Wednesday and the fourth-largest second weekend.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire received positive reviews from critics. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 89% based on reviews from 243 professional critics, with a rating average of 7.5/10. The site's consensus reads: "Smart, smoothly directed, and enriched with a deeper exploration of the franchise's thought-provoking themes, Catching Fire proves a thoroughly compelling second installment in the Hunger Games series." It was the highest rated science fiction/fantasy movie of the year on the website. On Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 based on reviews from critics, the film has a score of 75 (citing "generally favorable reviews") based on 47 reviews. According to polls conducted during the opening weekend by CinemaScore, the average grade audiences gave the film was an A on an A+ to F scale.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Blu-Ray/DVD Release
The second installment of the worldwide phenomenon has over TWO hours of extensive, must-see bonus materials that include a Blu-ray-exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, “Surviving the Game: Making Catching Fire,” deleted scenes, an audio commentary with director Francis Lawrence and producer Nina Jacobson as well as a sneak peek at the highly-anticipated theatrical action film Divergent from Lionsgate’s Summit label. It is set to be released March 7, 2014.
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK SPECIAL FEATURES
- “Surviving the Game: Making Catching Fire” – 9-part feature-length documentary
- Audio Commentary with Director Francis Lawrence and Producer Nina Jacobson
- Deleted Scenes
- Sneak Peek of Divergent
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
- Audio Commentary with Director Francis Lawrence and Producer Nina Jacobson
- Deleted Scenes
- Sneak Peek of Divergent
Target Exclusive (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital)(Bonus Disc) Combo
• “ONE VISION” (A FAITHFUL ADAPTATION)--translating Suzanne Collin’s source material to the big screen • “THE ALLIANCE” (RETURNING CAST)—an inside look at the close-knit relationships of the returning actors.
• “FRIEND OR FOE” (NEW CAST)--finding the perfect embodiments of the new characters
Additional Special Features (over 2 hours of content):
• Filmmaker Commentary
• 9-part Making-of Documentary
• Deleted Scenes
• Sneek Peek of Divergent
Differences from the book
- Facebook pages and a website (thecapitol.pn) have been set up by Lionsgate, with each district having its own page. A recently launched website, District13.pn, is blank to represent District 13's non-existence in Panem. The tab name reads: "CAUTION: RADIATION HAZARD. NO TRESPASSING BEYOND THIS POINT." District 13 is still toxic as far as all of Panem is concerned.
- The sites were confirmed as real by Lionsgate, along with all 13 district URL's which link directly to each Facebook page respectively and the Capitol and District 13's website according to thehob.org
- During Johanna's interview, she says fu*k twice, however this is not heard in the movie, being bleeped out. It was thought to be unusual that they blocked a word in a movie.
- ↑ http://lionsgatepublicity.com/epk/catchingfire/index.php
- ↑ 'Hunger Games:' Gary Ross won't direct 'Catching Fire'
- ↑ CATCHING FIRE Officially Titled THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/thehungergamesmovie/app_432927770063734
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 http://www.hggirlonfire.com/2012/06/24/the-design-team-nelson-ascensio-brooke-bundy-kimiko-gelman-at-the-fiction2film-convention/
- ↑ http://www.hggirlonfire.com/2012/04/18/brooke-bundy-octavia-is-reported-to-be-signed-on-for-3-movies-in-the-hunger-games-trilogy/
- "Katniss, I don't know what kind of deals you made with Haymitch, but he made me promises too. If you die, and I live, I'd have nothing. Nobody else that I care about."-Peeta explaining to Katniss that she is the only person he really cares about.
- "Since the last games, something is different. I can see it." "What can you see?" "Hope."-Prim telling Katniss she can sense hope.
- "Any last advice?" "Stay alive."-Haymitch telling Katniss to stay alive in the Hunger Games.
- "Remember who the real enemy is."-Haymitch to Katniss.
- "We wanted our love to be eternal. You know, Katniss and I were luckier than most. I wouldn't have any regrets at all, if it weren't... if..." "If it weren't... for what? What?" "If it weren't for the baby."-Peeta telling Caesar Flickerman about the "baby".
- "You saved my life. You gave me a chance." "Yes, to live." "No, to do something."-Prim telling Katniss she needs to help.
- "This trip doesn't end when you get back home."-Haymitch explaining that Peeta and Katniss will have to be a distraction and always act as if they are in love.
- "Eyes bright, chins up, smiles on. I'm talking to you, Katniss."-Effie ordering Katniss.
- "The other victors. Because of her, they all pose a threat. Because of her, they all think they are invincible."- President Snow to Plutarch about Katniss.
- "People are looking to you, Katniss. You've given them an opportunity. They just have to be brave enough to take it."-Gale to Katniss about giving an opportunity to the people of the Districts.
- You saved us. I know that. But I can't go on acting for the cameras and then just ignoring each other in real life."-Peeta telling Katniss that he doesn't want to fake the romance anymore.
- "This is the 75th year of the Hunger Games. The tributes are to be reaped on the existing pool of victors!"-President Snow explaining how the Tributes will be Reaped.
- "I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about the games. Last year was child's play. This year, you're dealing with all experienced killers."-Haymitch explaining that all the Tributes will be experienced.
- "I think these games are gonna be different."-Haymitch explaining the Hunger Games being different.
- "You fought very hard in the Games, Miss Everdeen. But they were games. Would you like to be in a real war? Imagine thousands of your people, dead. Your loved ones, gone."-President Snow to Katniss about the Uprising.
- "She's not who they think she is. She just wants to save her skin. It's as simple as that. She has become a beacon of hope for them. She has to be eliminated. What do you think?" "I agree she should die but in the right way. At the right time. Katniss Everdeen is a symbol. We don't have to destroy her, just her image. Show them that she's one of us now. Let them rally behind that. They're gonna hate her so much they just might kill her for you."-President Snow and Plutarch about killing Katniss.
- "We have to go Gale, before they kill us. They will kill us."-Katniss persuading Gale to run off with her.
- "Tick tock."-A line repeated by Wiress several times about the Arena.
- "A wedding dress? Really?" "Snow made me wear it." "Make him pay for it."-Johanna Mason and Katniss about the Wedding Dress.
- "So it's you and a syringe against the Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans."-Haymitch to Katniss after she tries to find Peeta and kill him.
- "You understand, that what ever I do, it comes back to you and mom. I don't want you to get hurt."-Katniss to Prim about protecting her.
- "They fought with honor and dignity until the end. Both Thresh and Rue were so young. But our lives aren't just measured in years. The measure in our lives are the people we touch around us. For myself, for Katniss. We know that without Thresh and Rue, we wouldn't be standing here today."-Peeta explains that he and Katniss were grateful for Rue and Thresh.
- "Your fiancé's right. The whole country loves your sister. If they torture her, or do anything to her, forget the districts. There will be riots in the Capitol. Hey, how does that sound Snow? What if we, what if we set your backyard on fire? You can't put everybody in here!"-Johanna explaining that nobody will hurt Prim.
- "What? He can't hurt me. There's nothing left that I love."-Johanna reassuring everyone that President Snow can't hurt her.
- "No waving and smiling this time. I want you to look straight ahead as if the audience and this whole event are beneath you."-Cinna giving orders to Katniss.
- "Remember, Girl On Fire, I'm still betting on you."-Cinna explaining that he's still betting on Katniss to win the Hunger Games.