Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Every Revolution Begins With a Spark."
- ―Official tagline
Gary Ross, who directed The Hunger Games, opted not to return to direct The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. He cited the time needed to write and prep the movie given its tight production schedule as the deciding factor in a joint statement with Lions Gate Entertainment on April 10, 2012. Instead, the film will be directed by Francis Lawrence, with screenplay by Michael Arndt, Simon Beaufoy, and Suzanne Collins. On May 24, 2012, it was announced that the film would be officially renamed The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
The movie begins with a distressed Katniss. She almost shot Gale walking to her, clearly showing she has post-traumatic stress disorder. This also made her imagine she shot Marvel when turkey hunting . The two then return home. After surviving the 74th Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark return home to District 12. Katniss and Peeta are required to take victory tour of the country and pay respect to the fallen tributes of the other districts. President Coriolanus Snow visits Katniss in her new, lavish home and tells her she has inspired rebellions in the districts, when she and Peeta threatened to commit suicide so that they would both survive the Games. He orders Katniss to convince the entire country that her and Peeta's love was the reason for their actions, and to convince Snow himself, or he will ensure that her loved ones suffer. Katniss and Peeta have been cold towards each other since coming home, except when cameras are around, because her 'love' for him in the Games was staged, while his is real. However, while heading out on the tour, Peeta admits he is grateful to Katniss for saving them in the Games, and suggests they should try being just friends.
The tour first visits District 11, home of Rue, the young girl Katniss befriended in last year's Games, and of Thresh, who spared Katniss when he could have killed her. Although they have been given scripted speeches to read, Peeta discards it and generously pledges an annual portion of their winnings to help compensate the families (which is against convention) and Katniss emotionally voices her gratitude to Thresh and her regret over Rue's death. An old man in the crowd whistles the tune that Katniss and Rue used to signal each other, and makes the three-finger salute of District 12 to Katniss and Peeta. Everyone follows the man's example, until Peacekeepers drag him to the stage and shoot him, to Katniss's horror and anger. Their mentor, Haymitch Abernathy, tells Katniss and Peeta the "show" of their relationship must continue for the rest of their lives, because as victors, they are now mentors and will be rolled into the capital's watching eyes every year. With this and Snow's threat hanging over her head, Katniss and Peeta continue the tour just reading what they're given. The rest of the tour goes poorly, with another man dragged away when he gives a three-fingered salute while Katniss is unsettled when a young girl tells her that she intends to volunteer for the Games once she's old enough, based on Katniss' example. Realizing they're only encouraging reactions in the districts, rather than pacifying them as Snow wants. Katniss proposes a public engagement between herself and Peeta, which is announced on Caesar's show and celebrated at Snow's home in the Capitol after they tour the other districts. However, during the party when Katniss catches President Snow's eye he glares at her and shakes his head, informing her she has failed to meet his demands. Katniss also meets Plutarch Heavensbee, the new Head Gamemaker since Seneca Crane's 'suicide', and the two share a brief dance and a few tense words.
Later, Snow watches footage of rebels fighting in District 8 (who carry banners of Katniss's Mockingjay insignia) with Plutarch. Snow remarks that Katniss only wanted to save herself and Peeta, but she is a beacon of hope to the rebels and must be eliminated. Plutarch makes a counter-suggestion that Katniss should be used to show the Districts how the Victors become lackeys of the Capitol, while simultaneously cracking down on the districts to take away their hope. Snow muses this is risky, as fear does not always extinguish hope and he'd much rather just have Katniss killed, but decides to test Plutarch's plan.
Returning home, Katniss warns her closest friend, Gale Hawthorne, of President Snow's threat to kill both their families, and asks him to run away with her and Peeta. Gale, who is in love with her, is angry about her 'engagement' to Peeta, but he is distracted when she mentions having seen an uprising in District 8 and refuses to leave, thinking now is the time to fight back. A new squadron of Peacekeepers arrive to crack down on District 12, and Gale is publicly whipped after attacking new Head Peacekeeper, Romulus Thread. Katniss tries to save him but is punched in the face by Thread for her troubles. Thread is then ready to shoot both her Gale when Haymitch and Peeta intervene, reminding him that Katniss is the 'darling of the Capitol' and her being killed with reflect badly on him. Thread stands down, but promises to kill all of them if there's even the slightest trouble. He then declares curfew on District 12, promising to shoot on sight anyone who breaks it. Katniss, resigned that she cannot prevent the districts from rebelling even if she wanted to, decides she will stay with Gale and 'cause all kinds of trouble'. She is supported in this by her sister Prim. Snow and Plutarch discuss this incident, and Snow wants rid of Katniss now. Plutarch tells him that while she certainly needs to die it will have to be under the right circumstances, and suggests a way to do it.
President Snow announces Panem's third Quarter Quell, a special version of the Hunger Games that is held every 25 years. For this Quell, all tributes are to be selected from the existing pool of victors. As the only female victor from District 12, Katniss will be back in the Games no matter what and she quickly realizes that getting her back in the arena is the whole point of this rule. After overcoming her initial terror, Katniss makes a deal with Haymitch to ensure Peeta becomes the Quarter Quell's victor, should he compete in the Games, because she sees him as a better person than herself or Haymitch. At the reaping, Katniss, the district's only living female tribute, and Haymitch are reaped by chaperone, Effie Trinket. Peeta immediately volunteers to take Haymitch's place to protect Katniss and they are sent directly to the train, without a chance to say goodbye to their loved ones.
When they reach the Capitol, Haymitch tells Katniss she needs allies during these Games, because the other tributes know one another and will target her and Peeta. Katniss dislikes the Career Tributes (Cashmere and Gloss from District 1, and Brutus and Enobaria from District 2) and mistrusts the temperamental Johanna Mason from District 7, and Capitol favorite, Finnick Odair of District 4. She befriends the District 3 tributes, Wiress and Beetee, as well as Finnick's fellow tribute and mentor, a kindly old woman named Mags. Katniss herself is much sought after as an ally after the other tributes see her archery skills. However, she confesses to Peeta the night before the Games that she doesn't want to be allies with anyone except him.
During the final interview with Caesar Flickerman, Katniss becomes aware of how angry the Tributes are with the situation, as they are trying to convince the President to cancel the Games. Katniss is forced to wear her wedding dress by President Snow, but her stylist and friend Cinna designed it to burn away when she twirled, revealing a Mockingjay dress underneath, symbolizing the rebellion. This infuriates President Snow. Peeta follows this up by lying that he and Katniss married secretly and are expecting a child, throwing the audience into uproar. Finally, the tributes join hands in a show of unity among the districts, defying the Capitol. The interview is abruptly cut off, but the Games are still on. Effie bids Katniss and Peeta a surprisingly emotional farewell despite her Capitol background, saying they deserved better and that she is sorry. Katniss reminds Haymitch of his promise to help keep Peeta alive, and he gives her one last piece of advice: "When you're out in that arena, remember who the real enemy is."
Seconds before Katniss is to be launched into the Games, Peacekeepers enter the room and brutally beat Cinna unconscious and drag him away, which she is forced to watch in horror. She is lifted into a jungle arena, with the Cornucopia at the center of a massive saltwater lake divided into wedges by twelve narrow stone paths. After an initial battle on reaching the Cornucopia, Katniss teams up with Finnick Odair and Mags because Finnick is wearing a gold bracelet belonging Haymitch, indicating she should trust Finnick. The Careers immediately form their own alliance. After Finnick retrieves Peeta and they pick up weapons, they head into the jungle. President Snow, watching the Games with Plutarch, is already growing impatient. Plutarch reassures him he just wants the audience to see Katniss turn cold-blooded. Snow tells him he can proceed however he prefers, as long as the Games finish with Katniss dead.
Meanwhile, during the Hunger Games, Katniss sees a shimmer of the force field and just as she warned Peeta, he hits the force field at the edge of the arena, which stops his heart, until Finnick is able to revive him, to Katniss's relief. During the night, a thick, poisonous fog appears. Mags bravely sacrifices herself, to Finnick's grief, so that the other three can outrun the fog, which abruptly halts after a certain distance. They rest in the forest, but are soon attacked by a pack of vicious mutt mandrills. Peeta is unexpectedly saved when the woman from District 6, a morphist, sacrifices herself.
They escape to the beach, and are met by Wiress, Beetee, and Johanna at dawn. Wiress is in shock after they went through a section of the arena that rained blood; Beetee is injured and carrying a strange coil of wire. Wiress discovers that the arena is designed like a clock and every hour a specific attack occurs in its designated section, communicating this by repeating the same phrase: "Tick, tock". The twelve-hour section is pointed to by the tail of the Cornucopia, where a lightning storm strikes around a huge tree. The six allies go to the Cornucopia to view the clock system more closely, but they are suddenly ambushed by the Careers. Wiress is fatally stabbed by Gloss, but Katniss shoots Gloss in the heart and Johanna kills Cashmere with her axe; Brutus and Enobaria escape. In the control room, Plutarch Heavensbee sets the Cornucopia island spinning to confuse the tributes' ability to tell time, but when Katniss falls off the island and seems about to drown, he abruptly halts.
After recovering their weapons, the alliance regroups on the beach. Katniss and Finnick are accidentally drawn into a section of the clock inhabited by jabberjays which scream identically to their loved ones, torturing them for an hour. Later, Peeta and Katniss discuss leaving the alliance. Katniss knows they will have to fight them once the Careers are dead and she doesn't want to kill Finnick or Beetee, but she must to keep Peeta alive. Peeta agrees they will leave the alliance after midnight, then mentions that whatever deals she made with Haymitch to keep him alive, Haymitch made promises to Peeta too. Peeta reasons that if Katniss died, he would have nothing to live for, and there are people at home who need her, whereas nobody needs him. Katniss counters that she does need him, and kisses him passionately, no longer acting. Watching from the control room, President Snow shows satisfaction, agreeing that Plutarch predicted accurately that Katniss would reach this point and sacrifice herself. Plutarch nods, then leaves the room, telling Snow to enjoy the rest of the show.
Beetee suggests a plan to electrocute the two remaining tributes outside the alliance, Careers Brutus and Enobaria, using his wire and the tree that is struck by lightning at 12:00, connected to the saltwater pool and the damp beach. He tells Finnick and Peeta to protect him near the tree until midnight, while Katniss and Johanna run the end of the wire down to the beach. Katniss and Peeta are very reluctant to separate now, but she agrees to lay the wire when Finnick and Beetee imply she intends to break the alliance. Katniss tells Peeta she will see him at midnight and departs. When the wire is unexpectedly cut after a distance, Johanna suddenly concusses Katniss, cutting the tracker out of her arm and telling her to stay down, as the Careers are stalking them. She leads Brutus and Enobaria away from the weakened Katniss.
Thinking Finnick and Johanna broke the alliance, Katniss tries to find Peeta back at the tree, but finds only Beetee, who was stunned after touching the wire to the force field. Unable to find Peeta, and hearing the sound of a cannon (the indicator of a tribute's death), she calls out for him frantically. When Finnick appears, she prepares to shoot him, but he stops her by repeating Haymitch's last advice: "Remember who the real enemy is". Changing her mind, Katniss attaches the remaining wire to an arrow. Finnick warns Katniss not to do it, but she shoots at the force field just as the lightning strike occurs, blowing up the tree with hundreds of sparks, and shutting down the forcefield around the arena. This electrocutes Katniss, and causes a power outage in the control room. Shocked, President Snow calls Plutarch Heavensbee angrily, but Heavensbee is gone. Katniss is paralyzed by the explosion and is too weak to move or speak. She opens her eyes and sees burning sections of the arena dome crashing down around her. A hovercraft appears, descends into the wreckage, and picks her up before Katniss passes out.
She awakens in the hovercraft with an unconscious Beetee beside her. Entering the cockpit, Katniss picks up a needle, ready to attack, but unexpectedly, she finds Haymitch, Finnick, and Plutarch Heavensbee, revealed to be a rebel agent against Snow. Plutarch explain that they and the district rebels, along with half of the tributes, had been planning to free her to help support their revolution against the Capitol, as "The Mockingjay"; the hovercraft is headed for District 13. When Katniss learns Peeta and Johanna were captured by the Capitol, she attacks Haymitch for not keeping his promise to save Peeta. Plutarch sedates her, and she awakens days later with Gale by her side, who informs that her family is safe, but District 12 has been destroyed by the Capitol. Katniss, in shock, horror and sadness, begins to look mad in fury, planning to get revenge against the Capitol, personally.
The story continues in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1.
- Jennifer Lawrence - Katniss Everdeen, one of the victors of the 74th Hunger Games. Protagonist of the story.
- Josh Hutcherson - Peeta Mellark, the other victor of the 74th Hunger Games. His on-screen romance with Katniss helped keep them both alive in the Games. Katniss is uncertain of her feelings towards Peeta, though he loves her.
- Alan Ritchson - Gloss, male Career Tribute from District 1, and victor of the 63rd Hunger Games. He is one of Katniss' enemies in the 75th Hunger Games, along with his sister, Cashmere. Gloss and Cashmere won previous consecutive Hunger Games.
- Stephanie Leigh Schlund - Cashmere, female Career Tribute from District 1, and victor of the 64th Hunger Games. She is one of Katniss' enemies in the Games, along with her brother Gloss.
- Meta Golding - Enobaria, vicious female tribute from District 2, former victor of the 62nd Hunger Games. Enobaria is known for using her teeth in battle. She is a Career Tribute and one of Katniss' enemies in the Games.
- Bruno Gunn - Brutus, male Career Tribute from District 2. He, too, is one of Katniss' enemies in the 75th Hunger Games.
- Amanda Plummer - Wiress, female tribute from District 3 for the 75th Hunger Games, and one of Katniss' allies.
- Jeffrey Wright - Beetee, male tribute from District 3 for the 75th Hunger Games. He is an electronics expert and one of Katniss' allies.
- Lynn Cohen - Mags, elderly mute female tribute from District 4 for the 75th Hunger Games. She is one of Katniss' allies for the 75th Games and a mentor to Finnick.
- Sam Claflin - Finnick Odair, handsome and very skilled male tribute from District 4 for the 75th Hunger Games, victor of the 65th Hunger Games, and one of Katniss' allies in the arena.
- Ivette Li-Sanchez - District 5 female tribute.
- James Logan - District 5 male tribute.
- Megan Hayes - District 6 female tribute and Morphling addict.
- Justin Hix - District 6 male tribute and Morphling addict.
- Jena Malone - Johanna Mason, aggressive female tribute from District 7 for the 75th Hunger Games, victor of the 71st Hunger Games, and one of Katniss' allies.
- Bobby Jordan - Blight, male District 7 tribute. He is part of the rebellion.
- Elena Sanchez - Cecelia, female tribute from District 8. She is part of the rebellion and was one of the tributes Katniss wanted as an ally.
- John Casino - Woof, male tribute from District 8, and a part of the rebellion, alongside Cecelia.
- Marian Green - District 9 female tribute.
- Daniel Bernhardt - District 9 male tribute.
- Tiffany Waxler - District 10 female tribute.
- Jackson Spidell - District 10 male tribute.
- Maria Howell - Seeder, female tribute from District 11. She assured Katniss that Rue's and Thresh's families were safe and was one of the tributes Katniss wanted as an ally.
- E. Roger Mitchell - Chaff, male Tribute from District 11, he lost a hand on his way to becoming the victor of the 45th Hunger Games. Chaff is a friend of Haymitch.
- Liam Hemsworth - Gale Hawthorne, Katniss' best friend and hunting partner.
- Woody Harrelson - Haymitch Abernathy, Katniss' and Peeta's mentor and victor of the 2nd Quarter Quell.
- Elizabeth Banks - Effie Trinket, escort for the District 12 tributes.
- Lenny Kravitz - Cinna, Katniss' friend and stylist.
- Stanley Tucci - Caesar Flickerman, TV interviewer for the Games.
- Toby Jones - Claudius Templesmith, the arena announcer.
- Willow Shields - Primrose Everdeen, Katniss' sister. Her skills as a burgeoning Healer mirror those of her mother.
- Paula Malcomson - Mrs. Everdeen, Katniss' and Prim's mother and a healer that the people of the Seam rely upon to help keep them alive.
- Donald Sutherland - President Coriolanus Snow, dictatorial President of Panem.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman - Plutarch Heavensbee, the new Head Gamemaker.
- Patrick St. Esprit - Romulus Thread, a new Head Peacekeeper for District 12. He is sent by the Capitol to keep Katniss Everdeen in line and calm any signs of rebellion against the Capitol.
- Wilbur Fitzgerald - Cray, the old Head Peacekeeper for District 12.
- Stef Dawson - Annie Cresta, reaped for the 3rd Quarter Quell but was saved when Mags volunteered.
- Brooke Bundy - Octavia, a member of Katniss' prep team.
- Nelson Ascencio - Flavius, a member of Katniss' prep team.
- Main article: Catching Fire Soundtrack
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire earned $424,668,047 in North America and $439,897,616 in other countries for a worldwide total of $864,565,663. Worldwide, it is the 36th highest-grossing film, the highest-grossing film of the The Hunger Games series, the highest-grossing film distributed by Lionsgate and the fifth highest-grossing 2013 film.
Outside North America, it is the highest-grossing film of the The Hunger Games series, the highest-grossing film distributed by Lionsgate and the seventh highest-grossing 2013 film. On its first weekend, it was only released in Brazil (November 15, 2013), where it grossed $2.4 million on its opening day and $5.26 million for the weekend. On the following Wednesday and Thursday, it opened in 42 more territories, bringing its total to $32 million in a week. The film opened in 63 other territories and earned $138.4 million during the weekend ($146.6 million including its first week in Brazil). Its three largest openings occurred in the UK, Ireland and Malta ($19.8 million), China ($13.0 million) and Germany ($12.9 million). In total earnings, its largest countries are the UK, Ireland and Malta ($55.5 million), Germany ($43.4 million) and Australia ($34.3 million).
In North America, Catching Fire is the tenth highest-grossing film, the highest-grossing film of the The Hunger Games series, the highest-grossing film distributed by Lionsgate and the highest-grossing 2013 film. It became the first 2-D film since 2008's The Dark Knight, as well as the first film with a female lead since 1973's The Exorcist, to top the yearly box office. It is also the top-selling film in Fandango history, surpassing previous record-holder Avatar. The film earned $25.3 million during Thursday late-night showings. It topped the box office on its opening day with $71.0 million (including Thursday late-night showings), which is higher than its predecessor's opening day gross ($67.3 million) and is also the seventh largest single-day and opening-day gross. During its opening weekend, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire claimed first place with $158.1 million, opening higher than its predecessor ($152.5 million). This was the sixth highest-grossing opening weekend, the second highest-grossing opening weekend of 2013 and the highest-grossing opening weekend in November. It was in first place for two consecutive weekends. The film also broke the following records: the biggest Friday for a film in its second weekend, the largest 3-day ($74.2 million) and largest 5-day ($109.9 million) Thanksgiving gross. It achieved the fifth highest-grossing opening week (Friday-to-Thursday)the third highest non-opening Wednesday and the fourth-largest second weekend.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire received positive reviews from critics. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 89% based on reviews from 243 professional critics, with a rating average of 7.5/10. The site's consensus reads: "Smart, smoothly directed, and enriched with a deeper exploration of the franchise's thought-provoking themes, Catching Fire proves a thoroughly compelling second installment in the Hunger Games series." It was the highest rated science fiction/fantasy movie of the year on the website. On Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 based on reviews from critics, the film has a score of 75 (citing "generally favorable reviews") based on 47 reviews. According to polls conducted during the opening weekend by CinemaScore, the average grade audiences gave the film was an A on an A+ to F scale.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Blu-Ray/DVD Release
The second installment of the worldwide phenomenon has over TWO hours of extensive, must-see bonus materials that include a Blu-ray-exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, “Surviving the Game: Making Catching Fire,” deleted scenes, an audio commentary with director Francis Lawrence and producer Nina Jacobson as well as a sneak peek at the highly-anticipated theatrical action film Divergent from Lionsgate’s Summit label. It is set to be released March 7, 2014.
BLU-RAY COMBO PACK SPECIAL FEATURES
- “Surviving the Game: Making Catching Fire” – 9-part feature-length documentary
- Audio Commentary with Director Francis Lawrence and Producer Nina Jacobson
- Deleted Scenes
- Sneak Peek of Divergent
DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
- Audio Commentary with Director Francis Lawrence and Producer Nina Jacobson
- Deleted Scenes
- Sneak Peek of Divergent
Target Exclusive (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital)(Bonus Disc) Combo
• “ONE VISION” (A FAITHFUL ADAPTATION)--translating Suzanne Collin’s source material to the big screen • “THE ALLIANCE” (RETURNING CAST)—an inside look at the close-knit relationships of the returning actors.
• “FRIEND OR FOE” (NEW CAST)--finding the perfect embodiments of the new characters
Additional Special Features (over 2 hours of content):
• Filmmaker Commentary
• 9-part Making-of Documentary
• Deleted Scenes
• Sneek Peek of Divergent
Differences from the book
- Facebook pages and a website (thecapitol.pn) have been set up by Lionsgate, with each district having its own page. A recently launched website, District13.pn, is blank to represent District 13's non-existence in Panem. The tab name reads: "CAUTION: RADIATION HAZARD. NO TRESPASSING BEYOND THIS POINT." District 13 is still toxic as far as all of Panem is concerned.
- The sites were confirmed as real by Lionsgate, along with all 13 district URL's which link directly to each Facebook page respectively and the Capitol and District 13's website according to thehob.org
- During Johanna's interview, she says fu*k twice, however this is not heard in the movie, being bleeped out. It was thought to be unusual that they blocked a word in a movie.
- ↑ http://lionsgatepublicity.com/epk/catchingfire/index.php
- ↑ 'Hunger Games:' Gary Ross won't direct 'Catching Fire'
- ↑ CATCHING FIRE Officially Titled THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/thehungergamesmovie/app_432927770063734
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 http://www.hggirlonfire.com/2012/06/24/the-design-team-nelson-ascensio-brooke-bundy-kimiko-gelman-at-the-fiction2film-convention/
- ↑ http://www.hggirlonfire.com/2012/04/18/brooke-bundy-octavia-is-reported-to-be-signed-on-for-3-movies-in-the-hunger-games-trilogy/
- "Katniss, I don't know what kind of deals you made with Haymitch, but he made me promises too. If you die, and I live, I'd have nothing. Nobody else that I care about."-Peeta explaining to Katniss that she is the only person he really cares about.
- "Since the last games, something is different. I can see it." "What can you see?" "Hope."-Prim telling Katniss she can sense hope.
- "Any last advice?" "Stay alive."-Haymitch telling Katniss to stay alive in the Hunger Games.
- "Remember who the real enemy is."-Haymitch to Katniss.
- "We wanted our love to be eternal. You know, Katniss and I were luckier than most. I wouldn't have any regrets at all, if it weren't... if..." "If it weren't... for what? What?" "If it weren't for the baby."-Peeta telling Caesar Flickerman about the "baby".
- "You saved my life. You gave me a chance." "Yes, to live." "No, to do something."-Prim telling Katniss she needs to help.
- "This trip doesn't end when you get back home."-Haymitch explaining that Peeta and Katniss will have to be a distraction and always act as if they are in love.
- "Eyes bright, chins up, smiles on. I'm talking to you, Katniss."-Effie ordering Katniss.
- "The other victors. Because of her, they all pose a threat. Because of her, they all think they are invincible."- President Snow to Plutarch about Katniss.
- "People are looking to you, Katniss. You've given them an opportunity. They just have to be brave enough to take it."-Gale to Katniss about giving an opportunity to the people of the Districts.
- You saved us. I know that. But I can't go on acting for the cameras and then just ignoring each other in real life."-Peeta telling Katniss that he doesn't want to fake the romance anymore.
- "This is the 75th year of the Hunger Games. The tributes are to be reaped on the existing pool of victors!"-President Snow explaining how the Tributes will be reaped.
- "I want you guys to forget everything you think you know about the games. Last year was child's play. This year, you're dealing with all experienced killers."-Haymitch explaining that all the Tributes will be experienced.
- "I think these games are gonna be different."-Haymitch explaining the Hunger Games being different.
- "You fought very hard in the Games, Miss Everdeen. But they were games. Would you like to be in a real war? Imagine thousands of your people, dead. Your loved ones, gone."-President Snow to Katniss about the Uprising.
- "She's not who they think she is. She just wants to save her skin. It's as simple as that. She has become a beacon of hope for them. She has to be eliminated. What do you think?" "I agree she should die but in the right way. At the right time. Katniss Everdeen is a symbol. We don't have to destroy her, just her image. Show them that she's one of us now. Let them rally behind that. They're gonna hate her so much they just might kill her for you."-President Snow and Plutarch about killing Katniss.
- "We have to go Gale, before they kill us. They will kill us."-Katniss persuading Gale to run off with her.
- "Tick tock."-A line repeated by Wiress several times about the Arena.
- "A wedding dress? Really?" "Snow made me wear it." "Make him pay for it."-Johanna Mason and Katniss about the Wedding Dress.
- "So it's you and a syringe against the Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans."-Haymitch to Katniss after she tries to find Peeta and kill him.
- "You understand, that what ever I do, it comes back to you and mom. I don't want you to get hurt."-Katniss to Prim about protecting her.
- "They fought with honor and dignity until the end. Both Thresh and Rue were so young. But our lives aren't just measured in years. The measure in our lives are the people we touch around us. For myself, for Katniss. We know that without Thresh and Rue, we wouldn't be standing here today."-Peeta explains that he and Katniss were grateful for Rue and Thresh.
- "Your fiancé's right. The whole country loves your sister. If they torture her, or do anything to her, forget the districts. There will be riots in the Capitol. Hey, how does that sound Snow? What if we, what if we set your backyard on fire? You can't put everybody in here!"-Johanna explaining that nobody will hurt Prim.
- "What? He can't hurt me. There's nothing left that I love."-Johanna reassuring everyone that President Snow can't hurt her.
- "No waving and smiling this time. I want you to look straight ahead as if the audience and this whole event are beneath you."-Cinna giving orders to Katniss.
- "Remember, Girl On Fire, I'm still betting on you."-Cinna explaining that he's still betting on Katniss to win the Hunger Games.