The Hunger Games: The Official Illustrated Movie Companion is an official companion book to The Hunger Games film. It's written by Kate Egan and was released on February 7, 2012. It includes information on how the movie was made, the cast and crew, and collected stories from the filming.
"The New York Times bestseller by Suzanne Collins is now a major motion picture -- and this is your guide to all of the movie's excitement, both in front of the camera and behind it.
Go behind the scenes of the making of The Hunger Games with exclusive images and interviews. From the screenwriting process to the casting decisions to the elaborate sets and costumes to the actors' performances and directors' vision, this is the definitive companion to the breathtaking film."
The book is split into 6 parts:
- Part 1: "The History Of The Hunger Games"
- Part 2: "The Cast Of The Hunger Games"
- Part 3: "The Look Of The Hunger Games: Places And Props"
- Part 4: "The Look Of The Hunger Games: People"
- Part 5: "The Filming Of The Hunger Games"
- Part 6: "The Legacy Of The Hunger Games"
The book also contains many never before seen photos, including behind the scenes photos of the cast.