The scores are decided privately on the last day of training. The tributes are called into the Training Center one at a time; the male preceding the female from each district, starting with District 1 and ending with District 12. During their session, they can work at any of the stations, such as camouflage, bow and arrow, or knife throwing. The Gamemakers watch the tributes and evaluate their performance. After fifteen minutes, or once the Gamemakers believe that they have seen enough, they dismiss the tribute and call in the next one.
Most tributes desire the highest scores possible. The Career Tributes generally score between eight and ten. Sometimes, tributes aspire for a low training score so they will appear anemic and frail, then catch the rest of the tributes off guard. Johanna Mason, a female tribute from District 7, successfully used that strategy. An unnamed male tribute scored a 3 before winning his Games.
The night after the sessions, the scores are televised to all of Panem. Each tribute's photo is shown with their district, score, and odds of winning.
74th Hunger GamesEdit
- Glimmer - 9, presumed for her skill with a bow and arrow.
- Marvel - 9, presumed for his skill with spears.
- Cato - 10, presumed for his skills with multiple weapons and strength.
- Clove - 10, presumed for her knife throwing skills.
- District 4 male - 8 (if you look closely at the film, you see an 8)
- Foxface - 5, presumed for her intelligence, and intellect with plants.
- District 6 male - 5
- District 7 female - 9, presumed for her axe skill, coming from District 7
- Thresh - 10 (book); 9 (film), presumed for his strength.
- Rue - 7, presumed for her climbing skills and intelligence with plants.
- Peeta Mellark - 8, for physical strength.
- Katniss Everdeen - 11, for her skill with a bow and arrow, and her fierce temper. (Highest training score in the 74th Hunger Games)
- Peeta Mellark - 12, for painting a picture of Rue, covered in flowers.
- Katniss Everdeen - 12, for hanging a dummy with the name "Seneca Crane" in red paint.