Training scores are rankings given to tributes after their private training sessions in front of the Gamemakers. They range from one to twelve, with one being the lowest and twelve being the highest. The scores give the people in the Capitol an idea of which tributes have the best chance in the arena, and therefore, which ones to bet on.
Other tributes often use the scores to decide who will be a threat to them during the Games.
Private Training SessionEdit
The scores are decided privately on the last day of training. The tributes are called into the Training Center one at a time, the male preceding the female from each district, starting with District 1 and ending with District 12. During their session, they can work at any of the stations such as camouflage, bow and arrow, or knife throwing. The Gamemakers watch the tributes and evaluate their performances. After fifteen minutes, or once the Gamemakers believe that they have seen enough, they dismiss the tribute and call in the next.
Most tributes desire the highest scores possible. The Career Tributes generally score between eight and ten. Sometimes, tributes aspire for a low training score so that they appear weak, but then catch the rest of the tributes off guard. Johanna Mason, a female tribute from District 7 and the victor of the 71st games, successfully used that strategy. An unidentified male tribute got a 3 as his training score before he won his Games.
The night after the sessions, the scores are televised to all of Panem. Each tribute's photo is shown with his or her district, score, and odds of winning.
The 74th Hunger GamesEdit
- Marvel - 9, presumed for his skill with spears.
- Glimmer - 9, 8 in book, presumed for her skill with a bow and arrow.
- Cato - 10, presumed for his skills with multiple weapons and physical strength.
- Clove - 10, presumed for her knife throwing skills.
- District 3 male- 9, presumed for his snare skills.
- District 3 female - 6
- District 4 male- 8
- District 4 female - 10
- Foxface - 5, presumed for her intelligence, and intellect with plants, but lack of weaponry knowledge.
- District 6 male - 7presumed for his fighting and knife skills.
- District 6 female - 7
- District 7 male - 8 for spear throwing and attacking skills.
- District 7 female - 9, presumed for her axe skill, coming from District 7 (the lumber district).
- [[District 8 male (74th HG)|District 8 male -10
- District 8 female - 8, presumed for her knife throwing skills
- District 9 female - presumed 3
- District 10 male - presumed 7
- District 10 Female - 6, presumed for her knife skills
- Thresh - 10 (book); 9 (film), presumed for his physical strength.
- Rue - 7, presumed for her climbing skills and intelligence with plants.
- Peeta Mellark - 8, for physical strength.
- Katniss Everdeen - 11, for her skill with a bow and arrow, and her fierce temper. (Highest training score in the 74th Hunger Games)
The 75th Hunger GamesEdit
- Gloss - 12, presumed for his knife throwing skills
- Cashmere - 11, presumed for her knife throwing skills
- Brutus - 12, presumed for spear throwing skills
- Enobaria - 12,presumed for multiple skills
- Beetee - 8
- Finnick Odair - 12,presumed for swimming skills, knot skills and trident skills.
- Mags - 7
- District 5 female - 8
- District 6 male - 9
- District 6 female - 8, presumed for disguise
- District 7 male - 10
- Woof - 9
- Cecelia - 9, presumed for her knife throwing skills
- District 9 male - 10
- District 9 female - 9
- District 10 male - 10
- District 10 female - 8
- Chaff - 11
- Seeder - 7
- Peeta Mellark - 12, for painting a picture of Rue, covered in flowers.
- Katniss Everdeen - 12, for hanging a dummy with the name "Seneca Crane