Training scores are rankings given to tributes after their private training sessions in front of the Gamemakers. They range from one to twelve, with one being the worst score and twelve being the best. The scores give the people in the Capitol an idea of which tributes have the best chance in the arena, and therefore, which ones to bet on.
Other tributes often use the scores to decide who will be a threat to them during the Games.
Private Training SessionEdit
The scores are decided privately on the last day of training. The tributes are called into the Training Center one at a time, the male preceding the female from each district, starting with District 1 and ending with District 12. During their session, they can work at any of the stations such as camouflage, bow and arrow, or knife throwing. The Gamemakers watch the tributes and evaluate their performances. After fifteen minutes, or once the Gamemakers believe that they have seen enough, they dismiss the tribute and call in the next.
Most tributes desire the highest scores possible. The Career Tributes generally score between eight and ten. Sometimes, tributes aspire for a low training score so that they appear weak, but then catch the rest of the tributes off guard. Johanna Mason, a female tribute from District 7 and the victor of the 71st games, successfully used that strategy. An unidentified male tribute got a 3 as his training score before he won his Games.
The night after the sessions, the scores are televised to all of Panem. Each tribute's photo is shown with his or her district, score, and odds of winning.
The 74th Hunger GamesEdit
- Marvel - 9, presumed for his skill with spear throwing.
- Glimmer - 9 presumed for her skill with a bow and arrow.
- Cato - 10, presumed for his skills with multiple weaponry and physical strength.
- Clove - 10, presumed for her knife throwing skills.
- District 3 male - presumed 7, presumed for his skills with setting up snares.
- District 3 female - presumed 3 presumed for her lack of knoweledge of weaponry and other survival skills
- District 4 male - 8, presumed for his skill to hide and skill with a short sword and hunting skills.
- District 4 female - presumed 9, persumed for her skills with multiple weaponry.
- District 5 male - presumed 8, presumed for his skills with multiple weaponry.
- Foxface - 5, presumed for her intelligence with plants, but lack of weaponry knowledge.
- Jason - 5, presume for his knowledge about nature and his skills with a sword.
- District 6 female - presumed 7, because of her bow and arrow skills, and also because of her sword skills.
- District 7 male - presumed 8, presumed for his spear throwing and axe skills.
- District 7 female - 9, presumed for her skills with axes, coming from District 7, the lumber district.
- District 8 male - presumed 5, for falling off the jungle gym, (though his odds are 3-1, many odds are random)
- District 8 female - presumed 7, because of her sword and combat skills, but is presumed that she doesn`t have any knowledge about survival and nature.
- District 9 male - presumed 6, because of his axe and survival skills.
- District 9 female - presumed 5, presumed because of her throwing knives skills.
- District 10 male - presumed 8, presumed for his combat skills and also because of his knowledge of weaponry.
- District 10 female - presumed 4, because of her small knowledge about weaponry.
- Thresh - 10 (book), 9 (film), presumed for his physical strength.
- Rue - 7, presumed for her climbing skills and intelligence with plants.
- Peeta Mellark - 8, for physical strength.
- Katniss Everdeen - 11, for her skill with a bow and arrow, and her fierce temper. (Highest training score in the 74th Hunger Games).
The 75th Hunger GamesEdit
- Gloss - 10, presumed for his knife throwing skills.
- Cashmere - 10, presumed for her knife throwing skills.
- Brutus - 11, presumed for spear throwing skills.
- Enobaria - 11, presumed for multiple skills.
- Beetee - 8, because of his skills with technology.
- Wiress - 7, because of her skills with technology.
- Finnick - 9, presumed for swimming skills, knot skills and trident skills.
- Mags - 5,presumed for making fishhooks and plant knowledge.
- District 5 male - 7, presumed with his spear throwing skills.
- District 5 female - 9, presumed for her skill with throwing knives.
- Male Morphling - 4, presumed for his camouflage skills and skills with a sword.
- Female Morphling - 3, presumed for her camouflage skills.
- Blight - 8, presumed for his knife or axe skills.
- Johanna - 9, presumed for axe throwing skills.
- Woof - 1, because of his age and small knowledge about nature.
- Cecelia - 9, presumed for her knife throwing skills
- District 9 male - 8, presumed for his physical strenght and skills with knives and swords.
- District 9 female - 9, presumed for her skill with throwing knives and axes.
- District 10 male - 10, presumed for his skill with swords and spears.
- District 10 female - 7, presumed for her axe and tomahawk skills.
- Chaff - 9, presumed for his physical strength.
- Seeder - 7, presumed for her fighting skills.
- Peeta Mellark - 12, for painting a picture of Rue, covered in flowers.
- Katniss Everdeen - 12, for hanging a dummy with the name "Seneca Crane." However, it might also have been because the Gamemakers wanted everyone in the Games to view Katniss as a threat and make her the biggest target.