A tribute token is something each tribute is permitted to bring with them into the Hunger Games which represents their district and reminds them of home. Tokens will be confiscated if they break the rules of the Games, as will anything that can be used as an advantage. A token is usually something that can be worn so the tributes may keep it with them easily.
The 50th Hunger GamesEdit
- Maysilee Donner, District 12; Mockingjay pin- later used by Katniss Everdeen during the 74th and 75th Hunger Games.
The 74th Hunger GamesEdit
Tokens brought to the 74th Hunger Games:
- Glimmer, District 1; Ring- this ring was taken away from her before the Games began once the review board realized that twisting the gemstone caused a poisoned spike to pop out. She claimed she had no clue about this, but it was still taken away. It was the only known confiscated token.
- Rue, District 11; Wooden flower/star charm on some type of woven grass- Rue mentions that it brings good luck. It reminds Rue of the fields she worked in.
- Katniss Everdeen, District 12; Mockingjay pin- A tiny pin given to Katniss by Madge Undersee. It was almost taken as the sharp part of the pin could be used as a weapon (although Katniss never used it for that reason) but it managed to make it through.
The 75th Hunger GamesEdit
Tokens brought to the 75th Hunger Games, which was also the third Quarter Quell:
- Katniss Everdeen, District 12; Mockingjay pin- See above.
- Peeta Mellark, District 12; Mockingjay medallion, modeled after pin- The medallion was also a secret locket, which contained a picture of Gale smiling, and Katniss' mother, along with Prim. Peeta later gives to Katniss, as a gift, trying to use it to convince her that she has to win the games, not him.
- Finnick Odair, District 4; Gold bangle with flame pattern- This token was first worn by Haymitch Abernathy. Haymitch gave it to Finnick to tell Katniss to make him an ally, as he could later help her in the games. At first, Katniss was slightly confused with the fact that Finnick had the bangle, and thought he stole it from Haymitch, but then realized that Haymitch had given it to Finnick to send her a signal.
- Girl from unknown district (possibly District 7); Wooden ball- Just before the games, while standing on the pedestal around Cornucopia the ball was dropped onto the ground before the gong sounded and she was blasted into pieces by the landmine. She had to be literally scraped off the ground to be taken back in the hovercraft.