Hi, I am Willow, also known as WayfinderOwl. ♥
Welcome to my userpage! ^_^~♥
I'm a teenager, with way too much time on her hands. I love writing, both fanfics and original stories, and spend a lot of time doing this. I like making up deep complex characters, that appear to be one thing, but then end up being a whole different person on the inside. Like, a cheerful happy person, that's really depressed on the inside. Or, perhaps a cold hearted person, that's really a very nice person with trust issues, etc. Though, sometimes, I create ones that don't have serious issues, but it's hard to tell, lol. To get to know me better, here are some Q&As;
- Why "WayfinderOwl"? Well, "Wayfinder" is from the game series Kingdom Hearts. It is a charm made of five shells, and symbolises a close friendship. And, Owl, because of quite a few reasons. I wanted it to be Hedwig after the owl in Harry potter, but then I thought 'Athena' because she is my favourite Greek god. Then, I thought about the Goblin King from Labyrinth being able to turn himself into an owl, and was going to choose something to do with that. In the end, I though go for something simple. So, I settled for the one common factor between the three; they are all owls. So, there you have it. WayfinderOwl.
- Can I add you to my friend list/ call you Willow? Sure, go ahead! I'll happily add you to my friend list. You can indeed call me Willow, in fact, I don't mind at all. I don't even mind if you come up with a nickname from my username, as long as it's not insulting.
- Who are your fave HG characters/district? Finnick Odair, I adore that guy. He's a typical "what you see isn't really me" type of character. I was a bit disappointed that he died. Primrose Everdeen, no reason, I just liked her. Rue. Foxface. Cinna. And, some other characters that I can't quite remember the names of, but they died anyway. My favourite District is District 4. Not because Finnick came from there. But, because when I think about what it could be like, I always imagine either a beach, or a harbor with boats and it being sunny and beautiful. Who wouldn't want to chill out on the beach, listening to the ocean waves?
- Who did you want Katniss to choose; Gale or Peeta? Honestly, I didn't care who she picked. During all three books, I felt that with everything going on, there was no real place for romance at all. It just seemed so forced. That, and I didn't feel connected with Katniss as a character at all. I didn't care if she survived or not. Even with out those things, neither one seemed right for her. With how emotionally scarred she was, Katniss should have ended up alone, with out anyone. Peeta was very controlling, like announcing that he was in love with her, to sway the capitol's favour, then announced that she was pregnant - even though she wasn't, just to get her some sympathy. I didn't care then, and I don't care now. If you ask me, the only one true pairing will always be Finnick Odair and Annie Cresta.
- Will you be the stylist for my Games/enter your tributes? Sure! If you don't see me around to ask me, leave a message on my talkpage. If I'm not super busy, I'll totally join. I do get busy sometimes, with various writing projects. So, be warned, I might not have the time for it. But, most of the time, I'll certainly join.
- What are your favourite books? Harry Potter series, I love all of them. There's my childhood, right there. I grew up reading Harry Potter. As soon as I could read, I began reading them. Percy Jackson series. But not the Heroes of Olympus series, they just didn't seem Percy enough to me. Books by Jacqueline Wilson, she's just a really great author, than can always make characters, that could easily seem like they're the kid down the street or something like that. Angel Burn series, I loved those books, and just couldn't put then down. But, I mostly watch movies, and in a lot of cases, I prefer the movies to the books.
Personality: Layla always has her eyes on the prize. She knows what she wants out of life, and exactly how to get it. When confronted with a problem, Layla looks beyond what she sees. Her own mind, why settle for just one apple on the ground, when you can climb up the tree and have a whole bushel? Though, she has a kind heart, and often gives that bushel to the hungry families.
- Observant, and capable of noticing this that others do not.
- Good climber, since she spent a lot of time climbing the apple tree near her house, to get those better tasting apples.
- Unarmed Combat Fighter, Layla has seven brothers, and all of them taught her to fight from a young age the hard way.
- Can swim: Her neighbour's house was abandoned due to a fire, and no one else wanted to live there, so it was boarded up. There was a huge hole in the roof, and every time it rained, the house would fill up deeper and deeper until it became like a swimming pool. Layla and her brothers would swim in it, or try to drown each other.
- Cats. She just sees one, and she tenses up. Though, as much as she hates it, cats are attracted to her, and rub themselves against her leg. Layla can remain cool when it's just one or two, but any more than that, and she could easily freak out.
- Surviving on her own: Even though she lived in the seem, Layla never needed to survive by herself. She depended on the apple tree, and both of her parents worked, along with three of her older brothers. They didn't have a great deal of money coming in, but they had enough to feed themselves.
- Very little killer instinct: Layla even struggles in killing wild animals as food, let alone a human being. She will only kill if she absolutely has too.
Weapons: Unarmed. But, if she had to choose, then she would pick a knife.
- Father: Kallen Cypress: Coal miner. He's a very stern man, and always tries to teach his children to earn what they want out of life. But, most of the time he has a soft heart, and likes to treat them once a year. He created the tradition in the Cypress house, to save away some money, and then splash out on a feast, to celebrate none of their children were reaped after the reaping.
- Mother: Felicia Cypress: A kind hearted woman, welcoming all with open arms. Felicia is so selfless, she would rather go with out food, if it meant helping another.
- Logan (21): He spent most of their child hood teaching Layla to fight, but sadly created her phobia of cats. For a joke, he locked her into a shed, and threw a very vicious cat in with her. Layla doesn't see him very often, because he is busy working, or spending time with his girlfriend, but when Reaping Day comes around, he's there to support his lil' sis and brothers.
- Darren (20): He hates Layla, because he's jealous of the extra attention she gets, being the only girl. He used to pin her down, so the others could beat her up. He's always bullied her, and sometimes bets that she'll get reaped.
- Sam (19): Sam is Layla's favourite brother. He used to take her out into the woods, and tell her all about various plants. Not that she listened. Layla always looked up to him, and wanted to be as strong as him, especially when he managed to find a job outside the seem. Sam is a baker's apprentice, but he really wants a bakery of his own one day.
- Lyle (14): Lyle always follows Layla around, and comes to her for advice. Anything she says, he acts like it's law, and will fight anyone that says otherwise. He loves fighting with her too, because she always teaches him new fighting moves each time.
- Vaughn (12): He is very competitive with Layla with everything. They compete with apple picking. Who can stay in the abandoned house pool the longest, everything. But, he always worries that she will get reaped, because he doesn't want to lose his sister and rival. He loves to make jewellery out of string, to give to his mother, father and siblings.
- Peter (11): He is very smart, and reads any book that he can get his hands on. He often wishes that his sister would do more reading, but he is left disappointed. The only thing that he has in common with his sister, is that they both enjoy the pre-Reaping Day brawl. Which is, every year, the day before the Reaping Day, all of the Cypress children that haven't left home, go out into the back garden, and have a free for all fight, and the winner gets the crust of the bread.
- Leon (4): The youngest sibling. Layla barely knows him, because he hardly ever leaves the safety of his mother's arms, or he just hangs around his mother all the time. He respects Layla a lot, and likes when she reads him bedtime stories. They are always the same story, with him as the main character, and usually involve him winning the Hunger Games, because he is some kind of superhero that's better than everyone else, but he loves them all the same.
Reaped/Volunteered: Reaped, unless it is any of her younger brothers, then she would volunteer for them.
Private Training: For her private training, Layla gets a training dummy, and does all the fighting moves she has learned from a lifetime of fights with her brothers, and fourteen years of Pre-Reaping Day Brawls.
Interview Strategy: Layla will answer the questions honestly, and then turn to the camera, and say personal messages to each of her younger brothers, telling them to remember "Just because there's an apple on the ground, doesn't mean you have to settle. Climb the tree, and get that bushel."
Bloodbath Strategy: Layla would just grab the first backpack she sees, and run. She would find a place to hide out, and stay there until she is sure everyone has calmed down.
Games Strategy: Layla will wait until the careers have set up camp, and when they are asleep, steal what she needs from the supplies that they have claimed. She will hide away, letting all the other tributes to pick each other off, until it is just her and the last remaining tribute. Only then, will she stand up and fight. She will find away to disarm her appointment, and fight them in unarmed combat.
Allies: Layla would avoid accepting allies, in case they tried to knife her in her sleep. But, if there is a younger tribute finding it difficult to survive, she may give in.
Token: A bracelet woven out of bits of string, made by Vaughn.
|100th Annual HG||Victor|
Personality: Cody has a short fuse, and is quick to dish out her attitude. It is very rare that she calls someone by their actual name, instead she calls them by an insulting nickname. She is very prone to voilence, she would rather settle things with her fists than talk it out. It is rumored that she has a soft side, but the one that started it, Cody personally gave them a knuckle sandwich. Cody isn't as stupid as she lets people think she is, she knows exactly what she is doing, and knows just how to play people.
Career Training: Being from a Career district, Cody was trained from a young age. After watching different Hunger Games, Cody realised that the problem most tributes faced, was how they lacked agility. Cody kept herself on a strict diet, to keep her light and agile, climbing was another method that she practised. Those earned the title "Death From Above."
- Being able to handle herself in a fight. (With or with out weapons.)
- Her quick temper is often her downfall, because once she focuses on her target, she tends not to notice her surroundings.
- Her own attitude, since she doesn't even try to get people to like her. Meaning, she earns very few sponsers. This can also earn her many enemies in the arena.
Weapons: Bow and arrow, throwing knives.
Interview Strategy: Cody will tell the interviewer exactly how it is, that she will win, regardless of who she has to knife in the back to get it. Making it clear, that she came to win, or else, what is the point even trying?
Bloodbath Strategy: Get what she needs, and kill anyone that gets in her way.
Games Strategy: Cody will run the careers with an iron rod. They will do exacly what she saids, or lump it. She will taunt other tributes with what they need, and kill them, if they dare come near her.
Her usual trap metod, will be to leave something on the ground, that a tribute will come for, while she hides in a tree. Cody will then either shoot them in the head with an arrow or throw a knife.
When it is time for the alliance of the careers to end, Cody will leave them just before they realise the alliance has ended, and kill anyone that dares come after her.
Alliances: Cody will lead the careers.Token: Necklace, with a skull shaped charm.
Personality: One thing that Rye is not, and that is a coward. He is brave and loyal. Survival is his game, and after a lifetime out in the orchard, that is his speciality. Strategy and success are two things that he makes sure goes hand in hand, every year he watches the Hunger Games and studies them, to make sure that he will be a victor when his turn comes around.
Despite his calculating strategies, Rye is a very calm caring person. Rye can be very caring towards tributes because they remind him of his sister. He is very down to earth, and sometimes underestimates his own abilities.
- He is strong, and able to lift some heavy things.
- Good survival instincts. He studying camping techniques as a child.
- Not able to climb far up trees, because he will fall.
- Can't swim.
- Cares too much for the younger tributes.
- Any harm coming to his sister. If he even hears something that sounds like her scream, he will freak out.
- Tracker Jackers. After seeing past games, where tributes tripped out on the venom, he's frightened of experiencing it himself.
- Mutts. With each game he watched, he learned that they were clearly something to fear, and hoped that he would never have to face them himself.
Back Story: From a very young age, Rye's mother drilled it into him that he had to prepare for the Games. His mother's best friend was reaped, and killed in the games, and she vowed to herself, that she would never leave her children vulnerable if their turn in the arena ever came.
To bring in some extra money, he worked in the orchard, carrying baskets of food back to the shipping building. It didn't pay very well, but it helped. His sister Leaf was bullied all the way through school, he would always stick up for her. Rye became the closest thing to a best friend that she had.
The night before the reaping, Rye and Leaf climbed up onto the roof. There, Rye turned to Leaf, and said, "If the worst happens tomorrow, I'll do everything I can to come back."
"You promise?" Leaf asked, resisting the tears that threatened to fall from her eyes.
"I promise. But, even if I don't, I'll be right there," he said, gesturing at the stars, "watching over you."
"But, why can't you come back to me?" Leaf asked, as the tears fell from her eyes.
"Because, that is the cruel part of the game," Rye replied. He hugged her to comfort her. "But, I will keep my promise and do everything I can, to win."
Private Training: Rye will go straight to the traps station, and dazzle with the ability that he will have built up over the regular training days. He will them move onto the plant identifying station, and show them just how well he can identify poisoned plants, leaves and berries. His strategy may score him low, but he has to stay true to himself, and show that he isn't going to pretend to someone he's not, just to get higher points.
Interview Strategy: Rye will talk about his family, but be very vague on how he plans to survive.
Bloodbath Strategy: Go straight into the cornucopia, and get what he needs, and fight off anyone that tries to stop him.
Games Strategy: He will find a place to settle, that has good food and water, and stay there, like Thresh in the 74th HG.
Alliances: Younger tributes, that aren't capable of looking after themselves.
Token: A small pendent on a string necklace made by his sister.
Aideen Cormick District: 4
Personality: Very relaxed, carefree. Loves to tell jokes. Why work, when she can hide away, and perfect her jokes?
Family: Younger sister, Branna.
Reaction to Own Reaping: Aideen looks up at the stage, with a moment of mock confusion. The first words to escape her lips, as she points at herself, are "Me or one of the other Aideen Cormicks?" With a carefree chuckle, she walks up onto the stage.
Reaction to Branna's Reaping: Hearing her sister's name called, Aideen's gaze snaps to that of her younger sister. Pointing to an imaginary necklace, to draw Branna's attention to the necklace around her neck, Aideen symbolizes, that she will be there in the arena with her sister, always.
|The 226th Annual HG|
|The 100th Annual HG||10th place.|
|The 14th Annual Hunger Games|
Personality: Calm, quiet and collected. Branna is very observant, and spot a liar a mile away.
Family: Aideen Cormick.
Reaction to Own Reaping: Branna walks up onto the stage, turning to the crowd. Her eyes focus on her sister alone, tracing an invisible tear down her cheek, as her hand clutches at her necklace. Symbolizing, "Don't shed tears for me, Sister, this was my destiny."
Reaction to Aideen's Reaping: Watching her sister take that silent walk to the stage, Branna placed her hand on her heart, gesturing a silent tear down her cheek. Her sister may never see her message, but she knows, that one day, they will see one another again.
- 14th Annual Hunger Games (My first games, so please enter. :D ♥)