Hi, I'm WayfinderOwl, but feel free to call me Willow. :D
I love making OCs, so my tributes will differ from Games to Games, or I'll just make a new one up on the spot! So, I won't put any backgrounds, or weapons strengths on here. They really do differ. Only the names and personalities stay the same.
I'm a teenager, with way too much time on her hands. I love writing, both fanfics and original stories, and spend a lot of time doing this. I like making up deep complex characters, that appear to be one thing, but then end up being a whole different person on the inside. Like, a cheerful happy person, that's really depressed on the inside. Or, perhaps a cold hearted person, that's really a very nice person with trust issues, etc. Though, sometimes, I create ones that don't have serious issues, but it's hard to tell, lol.
To get to know me better, here are some Q&As;
- Why "WayfinderOwl"? Well, "Wayfinder" is from the game series Kingdom Hearts. It is a charm made of five shells, and symbolises a close friendship. And, Owl, because of quite a few reasons. I wanted it to be Hedwig after the owl in Harry potter, but then I thought 'Athena' because she is my favourite Greek god. Then, I thought about the Goblin King from Labyrinth being able to turn himself into an owl, and was going to choose something to do with that. In the end, I though go for something simple. So, I settled for the one common factor between the three; they are all owls. So, there you have it. WayfinderOwl.
- Can I add you to my friend list/ call you Willow? Sure, go ahead! I'll happily add you to my friend list. You can indeed call me Willow, in fact, I don't mind at all. I don't even mind if you come up with a nickname from my username, as long as it's not insulting.
- Who are your fave HG characters/district? Finnick Odair, I adore that guy. He's a typical "what you see isn't really me" type of character. I was a bit disappointed that he died. Primrose Everdeen, no reason, I just liked her. Rue. Foxface. Cinna. And, some other characters that I can't quite remember the names of, but they died anyway. My favourite District is District 4. Not because Finnick came from there. But, because when I think about what it could be like, I always imagine either a beach, or a harbor with boats and it being sunny and beautiful. Who wouldn't want to chill out on the beach, listening to the ocean waves?
- Who did you want Katniss to choose; Gale or Peeta? Honestly, I didn't care who she picked. During all three books, I felt that with everything going on, there was no real place for romance at all. It just seemed so forced. That, and I didn't feel connected with Katniss as a character at all. I didn't care if she survived or not. Even with out those things, neither one seemed right for her. With how emotionally scarred she was, Katniss should have ended up alone, with out anyone. Peeta was very controlling, like announcing that he was in love with her, to sway the capitol's favour, then announced that she was pregnant - even though she wasn't, just to get her some sympathy. I didn't care then, and I don't care now. If you ask me, the only one true pairing will always be Finnick Odair and Annie Cresta.
- Will you be the stylist for my Games/enter your tributes? Sure! If you don't see me around to ask me, leave a message on my talkpage. If I'm not super busy, I'll totally join. I do get busy sometimes, with various writing projects. So, be warned, I might not have the time for it. But, most of the time, I'll certainly join.
- What are your favourite books? Harry Potter series, I love all of them. There's my childhood, right there. I grew up reading Harry Potter. As soon as I could read, I began reading them. Percy Jackson series. But not the Heroes of Olympus series, they just didn't seem Percy enough to me. Books by Jacqueline Wilson, she's just a really great author, than can always make characters, that could easily seem like they're the kid down the street or something like that. Angel Burn series, I loved those books, and just couldn't put then down. But, I mostly watch movies, and in a lot of cases, I prefer the movies to the books.
Aideen CormickDistrict: 4
Personality: Very relaxed, carefree. Loves to tell jokes. Why work, when she can hide away, and perfect her jokes?
Family: Younger sister, Branna.
Reaction to Own Reaping: Aideen looks up at the stage, with a moment of mock confusion. The first words to escape her lips, as she points at herself, are "Me or one of the other Aideen Cormicks?" With a carefree chuckle, she walks up onto the stage.
Reaction to Branna's Reaping: Hearing her sister's name called, Aideen's gaze snaps to that of her younger sister. Pointing to an imaginary necklace, to draw Branna's attention to the necklace around her neck, Aideen simbolises, that she will be there in the areana with her sister, always.
|The 226th Annual HG|
|The 100th Annual HG|
Personality: Calm, quiet and collected. Branna is very observant, and spot a liar a mile away.
Family: Aideen Cormick.
Reaction to Own Reaping: Branna walks up onto the stage, turning to the croud. Her eyes focus on her sister alone, tracing an invisible tear down her cheek, as her hand clutches at her necklace. Simbolising, "Don't shed tears for me, Sister, this was my destiny."
Reaction to Aideen's Reaping: Watching her sister take that silent walk to the stage, Branna placed her hand on her heart, gesturing a silent tear down her cheek. Her sister may never see her message, but she knows, that one day, they will see one another again.
I give them random names each time, but I love designing costumes for the chariot race, as I discovered for D12's Hunger Game, that I entered. So, if you ever need someone to fill in stylist slots for your Hunger Games, let me know! I don't use pictures, I describe them.
I usually make different outfits each time, to suit the tribute, these are some of my favourites. (D12 describes them better than me.)
(District 10) Female Tribute
(District 8)Aideen Cormick