Hello again Hunger Games fans! :) In my last blog post I gave an introduction to a free Windows computer program that simulates the Hunger Games. You select a tribute and control their actions to fight with the others until a victor is determined. Above is an example screenshot from the Bloodbath. The viewpoint is from inside the Cornucopia, with gear on the ground and the Careers in control of the entrance. I've written a comprehensive page describing the game, how to install it, and how to effectively play it, in more detail: http://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/daedalus/hunger.htm. That page has several sections, which include:
- Gameplay: The 12 different commands you can use to move and interact in the arena, such as picking up, dropping, attacking with, and giving away items.
- Arena: Understand the randomly generated arena, and how to forage within it while avoiding the deadly surrounding forcefield.
- Items: A table of the 14 different weapons, which include melee weapons, throwable weapons, and launchers/ammo such as Bow and Arrows.
- Alliances: How to make and break alliances with other tributes, i.e. how to backstab them before they backstab you. ;)
- Strategy: Learn how to stay alive! Tips on combat, getting sponsor gifts, avoiding starvation, and more.