Hi everyone, I thought i'd introduce Chat Hacks so some of you can benefit from them :)
Chat Hacks are often used by many members across Wikia, but what are they? And how do you use them?
Well, I thought some people would enjoy to know how to have a few extra functions to Chat.
First, i'm going to explain what Chat Hacks do.
- Chat Hacks give you 2 new buttons, an AFK button ( click it, and the "away" text is shown, so you won't have to wait 10 minutes for the chat to acknowledge you as AFK. This can be very useful sometimes.. )
- The other button is a clear button, it clears the entire chat page ( for yourself ). This comes in handy when the chat is very active, and you'd like to "refresh" the chat for yourself.
- Another feature is the ping. Don't you hate it when your not looking at the chat, and someone is talking to you? Well with the "ping" you will hear a little noise telling you someone is trying to talk to you.
- How does this work? Well there are certain phrases ( you can easily edit these ) that will make the chat ping you, such as your username, and other things.
After installing chat hacks, it is very easy to use them. As it adds two buttons next to your text box, the Clear, and AFK buttons.
- How do I install them?
- What you need to do is simpler then well.. creating a page, copying something into it, and clicking Publish. Does that seem simple enough?
1) So what you need to do is go to MyPage/global.js.
2) Click "Create"
3) Copy the following and paste it on the page.
/* Monchomans chat hacks */
4) Click Publish
5) Refresh your cache
If your not sure, then look at this
Internet Explorer: hold down the Ctrl key and click the Refresh or Reload button, or press Ctrl+F5.
Firefox: hold down the Shift key while clicking Reload; alternatively press Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl-Shift-R.
Opera users have to clear their caches through Tools→Preferences
Konqueror and Safari users can just click the Reload button.
Chrome: press Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5
Will Chat Hacks get me globally banned?
Can I disable it any time?
- Somewhat, but I'm not sure why you'd need to. If you really want to disable them, then just go back to the page you created, and delete all the content in the page, then refresh your cache and they should be gone!
Did you make the Chat Hacks?