Finally! thank you for telling me. thought the picture of the D10 male comes straight from the picture on his page... it's hasn't been resized or anything. Really, not of the pictures I have uploaded were resized. Just from a full screen video. However, I'll go search those scenes for good pictures of Cecelia and Woof, and the other victors if need be.
It was real hard trying to get those scenes in the exact place, but, y'know, for the sake of getting everyone a face portrait, it's worth the frustration. I wish all these characters had more scenes so I can get to them easier. ^^'
Yeah, I noticed that.. However, that is a direct screencap from the original size of the video I was using.
I understand. Anyway, thanks for your help. I wish I could get better quality versions of these tributes. Or or their actors be more involved with fans like the Marian Green. xD
I just added a section on the parallels between Katniss Everdeen and Joan of Arc to Katniss' page. These parallels are often mentioned by Jennifer Lawrence, Donald Sutherland, etc. but never overtly explained. I have done so below and would like to add them to the Wiki:
Katniss Everdeen has been compared to 15th-Century French heroine Joan of Arc several times. Jennifer Lawrence has described her character as "a futuristic Joan of Arc" while promoting every Hunger Games movie to be released thusfar, and Donald Sutherland described her as "more dangerous than Joan of Arc" in his initial letter to the first film's director regarding the character of Coriolanus Snow (shown in the DVD featurette "Letters from the Rose Garden"). The similarities are sometimes overt, sometimes subtle, yet all noteworthy. They include:
- Katniss Everdeen's official birthday is May the 8th, the day when Joan of Arc accomplished her first major victory: lifting the Siege of Orleans in 1429. The 8th of May is thus still a day of celebration in France.
- Both Katniss Everdeen and Joan of Arc are from poor backgrounds (the mining District 12 and the shepherding village of Domremy, respectively) yet gain national prominence.
- Though she was not an archer like Katniss, Joan of Arc was said by her fellow generals to "excel" at the placement of siege ballistic engines such as catapults, arbalests (giant crossbows), and cannons.
- While Katniss did so for more pragmatic reasons (to keep her children from the Games by not having any in the first place), Joan of Arc also vowed to remain a virgin ("for as long as it pleased God").
- Like Katniss, Joan of Arc had a younger sister. However, the one most closely resembling Primrose in her eternal life is Joan's spiritual younger sister, Saint Theresa of Lisieux, who lived from 1873 to 1897 and did all in her power to obtain Joan's sainthood. Known as "the Little Flower of Jesus" or simply "the Little Flower", Saint Theresa is a Doctor of the Church whose symbol is the rose. Ironically (as this might remind one of President Snow), the Little Flower promised to "send forth a shower of roses upon the earth" and is known to have given "a white rose" to those she favoured or with whom she wished to communicate.
- In her many writings, the Little Flower wrote that "Love (God) had chosen her (Saint Theresa) for a burnt sacrifice" and also that Joan of Arc had "offered" herself as such a tribute, "and was accepted." This parallels the events on the day of Prim's first Reaping.
- Joan of Arc is famous for having heard the voices/having had visions of saints who guided her in her mission. While Katniss Everdeen does have hallucinations and vivid nightmares from time to time (and thus, like Joan of Arc, is considered "mentally unstable" by some), her parallels run deeper than that. As the Arena is treated as a sort of microcosmic world, Katniss seeks not the aid of saints but rather the aid of sponsors to guide her and keep her alive. Additionally, just as Joan did not always understand quite what her voices meant, so too is Katniss at times left to ponder the meaning of the messages which accompany the parachutes sent by Haymitch.
- At her trial of condemnation, Joan of Arc was quite happy to state that she had never killed anyone (which was why she preferred to carry her banner rather than her sword). Likewise, Katniss Everdeen is more disgusted than most of her peers at the thought of killing people, yet sadly her circumstances are even darker than those of Joan and thus necessitate doing so at times if she is to survive.
- Just as Joan of Arc became both a co-commander and figurehead in France's rebellion against her English invaders, Katniss Everdeen becomes these things for the rebellion against the Capitol. Each also has their own nickname: Joan is "the Maiden" while Katniss is "the Mockingjay". Sorrowfully, each is also exploited by warmongers and tyrants; Katniss by President Coin, and Joan by both her own allies and later Napolean Bonaparte (who took the title of Roman Emperor and used Joan as a symbol of nationalism).
- When imprisoned, both Joan of Arc and Katniss Everdeen briefly began a hunger strike, possibly out of willingness to die.
- Finally and most overtly of all, both Joan of Arc and Katniss Everdeen are inseparable from their image of "girl on fire." Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake on faulty charges of heresy (without the Pope's permission) on May 31, 1431. Katniss Everdeen is artifically "on fire" in Cinna's creations, literally burned somewhat in each of the series' books, and finally has a near-death experience in which she is burned alive and cannot breath thereafter.
Could you recommend where it would be best to do this? Thank you!
Invasion Rule Edit
Hey Jade so some ORG people want to have a cross wiki party in here I linked them the chat policy to make sure they do not break it and I think that just in case you should state if you approve the party if not it will be hosted here and instead will be hosted at ORG wiki or annother wiki such as RP, Users or Fanon.
My Hill Idea? Edit
Hi Rainbow Shifter!
Sorry for doing two (new sections). Can I use your My Hill idea? Just wanted to get your permission.
Can you open the chat mod noms, so like, I can apply for the spot. Since Kiki left there is an open spot now right?
Re: Your GamesEdit
Thanks! I might post my Hunger Games later this week - I'm in boarding school at the moment :( but it's the holidays soon so I might post my blog then.
You're an admin person, so I figured you might be able to help me with something. I want to create a 'table' for my Hunger Games blog post but I don't know how to make them??
I think I'm on visual editor - there's no table options or list options so don't know what to do?
I will be doing 26 tributes (D1-13), and I will be having these in columns: District, Gender, Name, Age, Weapon ...
How do you switch from Visual Mode to other ??
There aren't any options that say that --- I'm not sure if this applies but above the blog post title it says 'editing'? Lol probably look really stupid (oh well), but I'm not sure I'll be able to make a table. Thanks for your help anyway. I've copied and pasted your code that you gave me, but it just came up with a blank single orange box. Weird. Thanks for your help tho.
Oh ahah! Thanks!
I've tried adding information just to see if it works, but when I post it to see if it has worked there is just a plain, darker orange box with no lines, words or anything.?? And I can't change modes because there are no options that allow me to do that. I've tried everything you said.
Want to talk about that page Edit
Can you come on chat?
07:50, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Okay, I see now :) Edit
I am sorry for the confusion. I am new to wikia and have an HD version of Catching Fire, so I thought I could help the pages by adding some pictures from the film. I am on a mobile device, and when I got the email with the changes to the page, it showed the page with the picture removed. That mixed with the comment made me think you deleted the picture. I am sorry for the confusion and grateful that you explained it. Also, thank you for being patient and not being downright mean/hurtful like many people are over the web. Happy editing! :)
My friend has been blocked, and has been stopped from using the same account ever again. Can you help him??
Okay, thank you anyway.
Please Join! Edit
Thank you so much for helping me both times I've asked you!! In return for your help, I would like to offer you any place you like in my Games --- feel free to take a look at which spaces are avaliable (most of them hahaha)
Here's the link if you a interested: http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Alicerosewright/121st_Hunger_Games
Training Scores Edit
You tribute, Gaara Ryughan, has been entered in my Games, but I need to know what he will be performing in private training so that I can give him his score. As you are busy person, I will give you a week to tell me what he was doing so I can give him a score. If you do not reply, I will base his score on what strengths he has and whether I am impressed by him or not, which is likely to get him a lower score and less sponsors (I.e. not as many parachutes will be sent to him in the Games). Good luck :) Alicerosewright (talk) 14:50, February 20, 2014 (UTC)
I just wanted to ask a quick question?
Jade, I'm outtieEdit
I'm leaving the wiki so I need you to block this account from doing anything on this wiki. Ill message you on Pokemon if I ever want it unblocked. See ya girl.
Roma has threated many things in chat. Here is what I got.
05:17, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
Same as what Rebekah posted, I have emailed wikia staff >_<
Also getting threats to have the whole site blanked >.<
Sorry for constant posting, I feel as though I need to let you know—he is threatening to slow down the server, etc.
Again, sorry. Also, as stated previously, I can provide screens of needed.
Thank you :)
Okay, it has been resolved now. I'm sorry for the talk page spam >_< I just thought you should know what was going on. Please don't be mad at me D:. I also thought you should know in case it happens again. You know, he threatened to use proxies >.< sorry, I hope you have a nice day and don't worry about it :)
Just going make sure you see this.... Edit
http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Pacific_Time_Zone_Problem 15:40, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
If I may have a hearing on my case before punishment be laid down, I would appreicate it. I wish to speak to the judge or admin, before I am sentenced, as criminals have this right. I wish to present some facts that may be important, and I wish to express my deepest apologies, and beg for leniency. If this is possible, please let me know.
RE: Mockingjay 1 & 2Edit
Greetings! I first messaged TAP about this, as I know her from the past on HG and other wikis, but she referred me to you - so I'm forwarding an updated version of what I sent her:
I was just updating the main page portal image I made in order to account for the Mockingjay film split, but I noticed they are not split into separate pages here. Is it alright if I/we do so - as Wikipedia has done, and as other franchise wikias experiencing "1 book = more than 1 film" have done? This way each can have their own separate page for news/info/rumors, etc. I've set up a portal image for it, I just thought there would already be two pages for them. I see another user brought it up on the Mockingjay talk page, but I'm not sure if there was any further discussion on it anywhere else. What do you think?
Hi, I have been having some concern on the wiki, and that some of the users are putting irrelevant text in some of the articles.
I also have a tablet, and the last time I was going on this wiki, the wiki's settings were updated and perfect now it's back to its old self.
Hey :) Edit
So am starting my games up finally after 3 months and you have entered Xavier Sharma.
He needs an alliance asap and if you could comment it I can start my games up :)
05:41, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
I dont like too do this but :/Edit
Can you demote me.. i am not really super active.. ill still be on chat and a tiny bit .. You could just demote me into like a chat mod like what you did too annie.. but you do what you want.. and i am really sorry about this.
--00:56, March 31, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, Jade! Just have a quick thing to say. I have noticed that lots of pages for 74th Hunger Games tributes have been changed because people are using fan names. It's getting out of hand, and even though I'm a rollback user, sometimes it will be changed from one name to another. For example, the District 3 male is sometimes changed from Ian to Chase to Noah, and it gets rather frustrating. I don't know if there's anything you can do about it, but if there is, please let me know. Thanks, Be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then be a unicorn. 17:57, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
I'm having trouble editing my blog. It's only appearing in the source mode, and when I click visual, it says that there was an error because of complex code. Do you know how to fix that? If not, do you know anyone who does? Thanks in advance,
121st Hunger Games, Gaara RyughanEdit
I very much doubt you have been checking my fanon Games with you being so busy as admins usually are, though I would just like to congratulate you on the fact your tribute, Gaara, has survived so far.
But a Feast is approaching so if you are still interested, then you might want to post advice? If you don't want to be part of these Games, I can easily eliminate him in the Feast if that is your wish, considering you are so busy, which I understand.
Wiki Wordmark Edit
Re: Re Edit
Test Example Edit
Les Fisting Games Edit
Like Jade I have a perf fisting scene from you and Wes could you join and make my dreams true?