Finally! thank you for telling me. thought the picture of the D10 male comes straight from the picture on his page... it's hasn't been resized or anything. Really, not of the pictures I have uploaded were resized. Just from a full screen video. However, I'll go search those scenes for good pictures of Cecelia and Woof, and the other victors if need be.
It was real hard trying to get those scenes in the exact place, but, y'know, for the sake of getting everyone a face portrait, it's worth the frustration. I wish all these characters had more scenes so I can get to them easier. ^^'
Yeah, I noticed that.. However, that is a direct screencap from the original size of the video I was using.
I understand. Anyway, thanks for your help. I wish I could get better quality versions of these tributes. Or or their actors be more involved with fans like the Marian Green. xD
I just added a section on the parallels between Katniss Everdeen and Joan of Arc to Katniss' page. These parallels are often mentioned by Jennifer Lawrence, Donald Sutherland, etc. but never overtly explained. I have done so below and would like to add them to the Wiki:
Katniss Everdeen has been compared to 15th-Century French heroine Joan of Arc several times. Jennifer Lawrence has described her character as "a futuristic Joan of Arc" while promoting every Hunger Games movie to be released thusfar, and Donald Sutherland described her as "more dangerous than Joan of Arc" in his initial letter to the first film's director regarding the character of Coriolanus Snow (shown in the DVD featurette "Letters from the Rose Garden"). The similarities are sometimes overt, sometimes subtle, yet all noteworthy. They include:
- Katniss Everdeen's official birthday is May the 8th, the day when Joan of Arc accomplished her first major victory: lifting the Siege of Orleans in 1429. The 8th of May is thus still a day of celebration in France.
- Both Katniss Everdeen and Joan of Arc are from poor backgrounds (the mining District 12 and the shepherding village of Domremy, respectively) yet gain national prominence.
- Though she was not an archer like Katniss, Joan of Arc was said by her fellow generals to "excel" at the placement of siege ballistic engines such as catapults, arbalests (giant crossbows), and cannons.
- While Katniss did so for more pragmatic reasons (to keep her children from the Games by not having any in the first place), Joan of Arc also vowed to remain a virgin ("for as long as it pleased God").
- Like Katniss, Joan of Arc had a younger sister. However, the one most closely resembling Primrose in her eternal life is Joan's spiritual younger sister, Saint Theresa of Lisieux, who lived from 1873 to 1897 and did all in her power to obtain Joan's sainthood. Known as "the Little Flower of Jesus" or simply "the Little Flower", Saint Theresa is a Doctor of the Church whose symbol is the rose. Ironically (as this might remind one of President Snow), the Little Flower promised to "send forth a shower of roses upon the earth" and is known to have given "a white rose" to those she favoured or with whom she wished to communicate.
- In her many writings, the Little Flower wrote that "Love (God) had chosen her (Saint Theresa) for a burnt sacrifice" and also that Joan of Arc had "offered" herself as such a tribute, "and was accepted." This parallels the events on the day of Prim's first Reaping.
- Joan of Arc is famous for having heard the voices/having had visions of saints who guided her in her mission. While Katniss Everdeen does have hallucinations and vivid nightmares from time to time (and thus, like Joan of Arc, is considered "mentally unstable" by some), her parallels run deeper than that. As the Arena is treated as a sort of microcosmic world, Katniss seeks not the aid of saints but rather the aid of sponsors to guide her and keep her alive. Additionally, just as Joan did not always understand quite what her voices meant, so too is Katniss at times left to ponder the meaning of the messages which accompany the parachutes sent by Haymitch.
- At her trial of condemnation, Joan of Arc was quite happy to state that she had never killed anyone (which was why she preferred to carry her banner rather than her sword). Likewise, Katniss Everdeen is more disgusted than most of her peers at the thought of killing people, yet sadly her circumstances are even darker than those of Joan and thus necessitate doing so at times if she is to survive.
- Just as Joan of Arc became both a co-commander and figurehead in France's rebellion against her English invaders, Katniss Everdeen becomes these things for the rebellion against the Capitol. Each also has their own nickname: Joan is "the Maiden" while Katniss is "the Mockingjay". Sorrowfully, each is also exploited by warmongers and tyrants; Katniss by President Coin, and Joan by both her own allies and later Napolean Bonaparte (who took the title of Roman Emperor and used Joan as a symbol of nationalism).
- When imprisoned, both Joan of Arc and Katniss Everdeen briefly began a hunger strike, possibly out of willingness to die.
- Finally and most overtly of all, both Joan of Arc and Katniss Everdeen are inseparable from their image of "girl on fire." Joan of Arc was burnt at the stake on faulty charges of heresy (without the Pope's permission) on May 31, 1431. Katniss Everdeen is artifically "on fire" in Cinna's creations, literally burned somewhat in each of the series' books, and finally has a near-death experience in which she is burned alive and cannot breath thereafter.
Could you recommend where it would be best to do this? Thank you!
Invasion Rule Edit
Hey Jade so some ORG people want to have a cross wiki party in here I linked them the chat policy to make sure they do not break it and I think that just in case you should state if you approve the party if not it will be hosted here and instead will be hosted at ORG wiki or annother wiki such as RP, Users or Fanon.
My Hill Idea? Edit
Hi Rainbow Shifter!
Sorry for doing two (new sections). Can I use your My Hill idea? Just wanted to get your permission.
Can you open the chat mod noms, so like, I can apply for the spot. Since Kiki left there is an open spot now right?
Re: Your GamesEdit
Thanks! I might post my Hunger Games later this week - I'm in boarding school at the moment :( but it's the holidays soon so I might post my blog then.
You're an admin person, so I figured you might be able to help me with something. I want to create a 'table' for my Hunger Games blog post but I don't know how to make them??
I think I'm on visual editor - there's no table options or list options so don't know what to do?
I will be doing 26 tributes (D1-13), and I will be having these in columns: District, Gender, Name, Age, Weapon ...
How do you switch from Visual Mode to other ??
There aren't any options that say that --- I'm not sure if this applies but above the blog post title it says 'editing'? Lol probably look really stupid (oh well), but I'm not sure I'll be able to make a table. Thanks for your help anyway. I've copied and pasted your code that you gave me, but it just came up with a blank single orange box. Weird. Thanks for your help tho.
Oh ahah! Thanks!
I've tried adding information just to see if it works, but when I post it to see if it has worked there is just a plain, darker orange box with no lines, words or anything.?? And I can't change modes because there are no options that allow me to do that. I've tried everything you said.
Want to talk about that page Edit
Can you come on chat?
07:50, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Okay, I see now :) Edit
I am sorry for the confusion. I am new to wikia and have an HD version of Catching Fire, so I thought I could help the pages by adding some pictures from the film. I am on a mobile device, and when I got the email with the changes to the page, it showed the page with the picture removed. That mixed with the comment made me think you deleted the picture. I am sorry for the confusion and grateful that you explained it. Also, thank you for being patient and not being downright mean/hurtful like many people are over the web. Happy editing! :)
My friend has been blocked, and has been stopped from using the same account ever again. Can you help him??
Okay, thank you anyway.
Please Join! Edit
Thank you so much for helping me both times I've asked you!! In return for your help, I would like to offer you any place you like in my Games --- feel free to take a look at which spaces are avaliable (most of them hahaha)
Here's the link if you a interested: http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Alicerosewright/121st_Hunger_Games
Training Scores Edit
You tribute, Gaara Ryughan, has been entered in my Games, but I need to know what he will be performing in private training so that I can give him his score. As you are busy person, I will give you a week to tell me what he was doing so I can give him a score. If you do not reply, I will base his score on what strengths he has and whether I am impressed by him or not, which is likely to get him a lower score and less sponsors (I.e. not as many parachutes will be sent to him in the Games). Good luck :) Alicerosewright (talk) 14:50, February 20, 2014 (UTC)
I just wanted to ask a quick question?
Jade, I'm outtieEdit
I'm leaving the wiki so I need you to block this account from doing anything on this wiki. Ill message you on Pokemon if I ever want it unblocked. See ya girl.
Roma has threated many things in chat. Here is what I got.
05:17, March 3, 2014 (UTC)
Same as what Rebekah posted, I have emailed wikia staff >_<
Also getting threats to have the whole site blanked >.<
Sorry for constant posting, I feel as though I need to let you know—he is threatening to slow down the server, etc.
Again, sorry. Also, as stated previously, I can provide screens of needed.
Thank you :)
Okay, it has been resolved now. I'm sorry for the talk page spam >_< I just thought you should know what was going on. Please don't be mad at me D:. I also thought you should know in case it happens again. You know, he threatened to use proxies >.< sorry, I hope you have a nice day and don't worry about it :)
Just going make sure you see this.... Edit
http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Pacific_Time_Zone_Problem 15:40, March 4, 2014 (UTC)
If I may have a hearing on my case before punishment be laid down, I would appreicate it. I wish to speak to the judge or admin, before I am sentenced, as criminals have this right. I wish to present some facts that may be important, and I wish to express my deepest apologies, and beg for leniency. If this is possible, please let me know.
RE: Mockingjay 1 & 2Edit
Greetings! I first messaged TAP about this, as I know her from the past on HG and other wikis, but she referred me to you - so I'm forwarding an updated version of what I sent her:
I was just updating the main page portal image I made in order to account for the Mockingjay film split, but I noticed they are not split into separate pages here. Is it alright if I/we do so - as Wikipedia has done, and as other franchise wikias experiencing "1 book = more than 1 film" have done? This way each can have their own separate page for news/info/rumors, etc. I've set up a portal image for it, I just thought there would already be two pages for them. I see another user brought it up on the Mockingjay talk page, but I'm not sure if there was any further discussion on it anywhere else. What do you think?
Hi, I have been having some concern on the wiki, and that some of the users are putting irrelevant text in some of the articles.
I also have a tablet, and the last time I was going on this wiki, the wiki's settings were updated and perfect now it's back to its old self.
Hey :) Edit
So am starting my games up finally after 3 months and you have entered Xavier Sharma.
He needs an alliance asap and if you could comment it I can start my games up :)
05:41, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
I dont like too do this but :/Edit
Can you demote me.. i am not really super active.. ill still be on chat and a tiny bit .. You could just demote me into like a chat mod like what you did too annie.. but you do what you want.. and i am really sorry about this.
--00:56, March 31, 2014 (UTC)
Hi, Jade! Just have a quick thing to say. I have noticed that lots of pages for 74th Hunger Games tributes have been changed because people are using fan names. It's getting out of hand, and even though I'm a rollback user, sometimes it will be changed from one name to another. For example, the District 3 male is sometimes changed from Ian to Chase to Noah, and it gets rather frustrating. I don't know if there's anything you can do about it, but if there is, please let me know. Thanks, Be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then be a unicorn. 17:57, April 7, 2014 (UTC)
I'm having trouble editing my blog. It's only appearing in the source mode, and when I click visual, it says that there was an error because of complex code. Do you know how to fix that? If not, do you know anyone who does? Thanks in advance,
121st Hunger Games, Gaara RyughanEdit
I very much doubt you have been checking my fanon Games with you being so busy as admins usually are, though I would just like to congratulate you on the fact your tribute, Gaara, has survived so far.
But a Feast is approaching so if you are still interested, then you might want to post advice? If you don't want to be part of these Games, I can easily eliminate him in the Feast if that is your wish, considering you are so busy, which I understand.
Wiki Wordmark Edit
Re: Re Edit
Test Example Edit
Les Fisting Games Edit
Like Jade I have a perf fisting scene from you and Wes could you join and make my dreams true?
Hi! So apparently, according to the two articles on the Hunger Games Wikia, Suzanne Collins has revelaed the names of Katniss/Peeta's children (Willow and Rye). I've Googled it and couldn't find a single official article on it. Do you know (since you're the admin) who wrote the articles for the Mellark children and where they got he information?
220.127.116.11 16:01, April 21, 2014 (UTC)Andrienne Stark
Option 2 Edit
Here is another style I made!
Hi Rainbow Shifter, I just sent you a message to the email address we have on file for you. Please do check it out and reply back when you can, please! Michael Michael(profile)•(talk) 22:15, April 22, 2014 (UTC)
Just to see what people think, I made a forum for them to vote to keep or replace the current Wordmark. Here is the link- Forum:Wiki_Logo(Wordmark)
Number 13: Fight to the finish Edit
This user has gotten into multible edit wars about the Bloodbath scene. Previously, he has added names to the Tributes that are not official. Me, and Liza, and some other rollbacks, have rollbacked those edits, but he kept undoing our rollbacks. He has added speculations on Tributes´ pages as well. Lately he has added a picture that is of very bad quality to the District 7 Female (74th hunger games) page, so I rollbacked it together with some other images that he undid onto other articles that were also of poor quality. When I rollbacked those back, so the images were deleted from the page, he messaged me this.
I admit that I did look back, and I saw that I had rollbacked some of the District 3 Female (74th)´s pages information, that was a clumsy mistake on my part. But I also rollbacked the bad quality pictures, while he kept undoing my rollback. As I said earlier, Liza as well as others have been in edit wars with him earlier, where they hava rollbacked, while he has undid their rollback over and over again. I´m not saying I request you ban him, I just want him to stop, so I contacted you :3
Edit: He also continiously removes all messages from his talk page that tells him to stop.
Jade halp ;-; Edit
Where Did The Names Come From?Edit
Hi! So apparently, according to the two articles about the children of Katniss and Peeta on the Hunger Games Wikia, Suzanne Collins has revealed the names children (Willow and Rye), though it was not mentioned in the book. I've Googled it and couldn't find a single official article on the revelation of the children's names and the author doesn't have a Twitter (or any social media for all I know). There's no way I could contact her unless I contact her "people" and that's by physical mail only. Do you know (since you're the admin) who wrote the articles for the Mellark children and where they got their information?
Note: If you see this and have answer, please contact me at thoserandomposts.tumblr.com and send me a message using the "ask" tab. Thank you!
18.104.22.168 20:26, May 11, 2014 (UTC)Andrienne Stark
This user is a racist. He insulted me on my talk page and accused me to inserted the name Noah on the District 3 male's page. But i don't make this.
Also, this isn't the first time that he insulted me. In past he told me "You can't even type english, you stupid italian."
Also, he insulted another tribute, SleepySlep.
Request for ban from chatEdit
- This user said a well...racist kind of word. I don't know if this is against the chat rules or not (I should probably check since I am maybe wasting your time but I am too lazy), but here is a screenshot below.
hi Jade, no need to reply but thanks for choosing me for admin, and also i hope you enjoyed the match yesterday... Please let me know if there's anything specific I should be doing now as admin, too
Wikia's Video Swap ToolEdit
Though you might already know about, I thought I’d remind you about Wikia’s Video Swap tool, which allows you to very easily swap out YouTube videos embedded across your community for the Wikia equivalent. It only effects YouTube videos with a matching Wikia video. Swapping out your videos for matching officially licensed Wikia videos means that the videos on your community are less likely to be taken down and rendered unwatchable.
With your approval, I can go through and make these swaps for you — if you’d rather undertake this task yourself — or if you’re uninterested entirely — just let me know! I'll likely start making some of the swaps for you in a week, so be sure to let me know as soon as you can if you'd rather not make the switch."
This user is very unintelligent, he keeps on writing stuff that does not even make sense. In one of them he keeps on changing the District 10 male's corpse to the District 4 female. He also thinks that Cato killed the District 10 female by slashing her chest open, but is clearly the District 10 male. He only writes stuff based on his little imagination theories, rather than true facts. This is his third time making arguments with people, please stop and deal with this user.
This user is a very problem, and he has the courage to accuse me.
1) He lies basing on his preferences. He said the District 10 female placed 15th, but it is clearly she placed 22nd or 23rd, because in the film you can see she survived for 23 seconds.
2) Then he does everything to make synthetic the pages.
3) I wrote the second corpse is the D4 female and he said it isn't so, but it is so! If you look well, you understand that it is so (the colour jacket is blue-green).
4) The fouth corpse is the D10 male, look at colour jacket and hair. He said it is the D5 male.
5) I explained this him, but it seems he hasn't brain.
6) Then, he said Cato killed the D5 male, basing on his imagination, because his he was presumably stabbed by Glimmer (like we can see in the film).
7) Then, why did the D10 male die twice in the film? Like the D7 male (who replaced the D9 male), the D10 male replaced another tribute (his district partner). I wrote this on D10 tributes' pages, but he expected delete this.
8) Also, he wrote the District 10 female was killed by Clove, but Isabelle Fuhrman said only Clove's victim in the film is the D9 male. The D10 female was replaced by her district partner, so she was killed by Cato and died second or third.
9) An user (Biel1458) insert a deaths' table on the Cornucoipia bloodbath's page, but he deleted this only because he think the D5 male was killed by Cato, the D10 female placed 15th and she was killed by Clove (I replace: he based it on his stupid imagination).
I also told it to PumPumPumpkin :3.
In past I tried several times to kindly talk to him and to explained him to stop editing bad the pages, but he don't listen me.
Articles about Hunger Games musicEdit
Ohai Jade, I haven't give you congratulations for getting the Wikia Star and be like the big bad-ass of the wikia :c So yeah, congratulations!
Anyway, skipping to what I came to talk about, I want to ask you if I can do some things in the songs related to music (yeah I am obsessed with music thingies):
1. Link the songs in the soundtracks' pages to their lyrics at Lyrics Wikia. I will only do it in songs that has not a link yet (such as pages in this wiki or Wikipedia etc).
2. Update Catching Fire soundtrack's page to things such as Certifications & Awards, Commercial Performance, Release History, etc.
3. Fix and update Safe & Sound's and Eyes Open's pages.
That's all, just wanted you to allow these things because I didn't want to do and then someone come and delete it. Sorry for bothering x3
I knew you were trouble when you walked in... or not. (talk) 16:05, May 19, 2014 (UTC)
Oh yeah, forgot about it, I'm going to ask an admin now!
I knew you were trouble when you walked in... or not. (talk) 16:35, May 19, 2014 (UTC)
Bit stupid but still...
Haven't worked out how to go on chat... can you help?
I and 606355Edit
I don't exact you warn 606355. But please, look at the argoments about which we disagree.
The arguments are these:
1) D5 male's death (I think Glimmer, he think Cato)
2) D10 female's death (I think Cato (because her district partner replaced her) and he think Clove)
3) Did the D10 male's death at the bloodbath symbolize the D10 female's death? (I think yes, he think no)
4) Ranking (particullary D10 female's, D7 male's and D9 female's places) (I think 23rd, 19th and 15th, he think 15th, 21st and 19th)
5) Second and fouth corpses (I think D4 female and D10 male, he think D10 male and D5 male)
I repeat you: don't warn anyone, but plz, choose who is right.
Please, don't feign you didn't see the message. So we continue to bicker.
Also, can you block the training scores' page? Wikia contributors put in it their opinions.
Victors and Their Games Edit
I've noticed that on the Hunger Games (event) page and on several others, it lists exactly which victor won which Games. I've searched around, and this information doesn't seem to be anywhere else except for here. I thought that it might have been in background shots in the Catching Fire movie, like a lot of other information, but I don't see anything.
As far as I can find, this information is unsourced. I'm questioning whether or not someone made it up on a whim. As far as I know, there wasn't another character guide book published after Catching Fire, like there was a few years ago. That would be the most logical explanation.
Mind clearing this up?
Jade this wiki is a mess. Too much has been changed, and its sloppy editing. On too many pages there are mistakes, like on one of the tributes pages it had "The Breck was killed..". Something needs to happen, this wiki is going to hell.
Mass vandalism by user KrapfaceEdit
There has been a mass case of vandalism by the user Krapface who has been posting inappropriate, sexually explicit photos on the wiki and making sexually explicit comments on some of the user pages. Could you please do something about them ASAP ?
Request for unban from chatEdit
- You probably know me. Yes, I have returned. I am now no longer underaged - so I ask if I could be unbanned from chat. I have matured, it has taken me two years. You will never ever see a sock of me ever again. If you decide not to unban me, I will not return. You can take as much time as you can to make your decision.
Hi! I'm not sure if the message you sent was just a generic message but thank you for the warm welcome! (If the message wasn't, I didn't edit his page, I had commented on it, so I'm exactly sure what you're referring to. Please do verify what you mean.
TheManOfGold- That's just a default welcome message sent by the most recently active admin. It'll say editing even if you comment.
Don't listen to himEdit
He wrote on the District 10's talk page that the District 10 tributes are strong. I just said this is wrong, because in The Hunger Games it was stated the Districts 10, 11 and 12 tributes almost always died in the bloodbath. When he understood it, he wrote this on your talk page. I don't exact you deal with you (I still try to do it), but don't listen to him.
In this wiki there is a person who created a double-user: 606355 and Travis Lane.
In past an user said me many evidences about this, but now I have a definitive proof about it: 606355 wrote a comment in a blog, talking like Travis Lane and talkning about "my probabilities" (that are wroten in Travis Lane's blog). Then, he edited the comment, talking like 606355. This user is pretty mad. Please, deal with this user. GianG (talk) 19:53, June 16, 2014 (UTC)
And I have other evidences about this. If you don't believe to me, I can give these evidence to you.
Please, don't ignore this message. I know you are a reasonable person.
Travis Lene/606355 is confusedEdit
Ok, so I have no idea of what the two ahead me are talking about, and why they are discussing. But anyway, I want to send you a good morning/afternoon/night, whatever is up in your country. It might be stressful to be an admin, since you have to treat people fighting but hey, in our time (2012/2013), it used to be worst, didn't it?
I knew you were trouble when you walked in... or not. (talk) 20:13, June 16, 2014 (UTC)
Honestly, this user just got mad that 606355 told him off, and 606355's bar access codes got mixed up with mine, so I didn't do anything wrong. 606355 insulted him, not me, you should reason with him. GianG was suppose to ignore me too, but he still commented on my blogs and insulted both of us. He seems to also make unnecessary edits to wiki pages.
75th HG bloodbathEdit
There is a problem: in this wiki wvery tribute has an exhaustive description of own bloodbath, but we know little about the bloodbath of the 75th Hunger Games tributes.
For example, in the 75th hunger games page, the placing are these:
17th: Cecelia (killed by Enobaria)
18th: District 9 female (killed by Brutus)
19th: District 10 female (killed by Enobaria)
20th: Seeder (killed by Cashmere)
21st; District 9 male (killed by Peeta)
22nd: District 6 male (killed by Gloss)
23rd: Woof (killed by Brutus)
24th: District 5 male (killed by Finnick)
Actually, all we know is this:
17th: Cecelia (unknown death, place confirmed by Suzanne Collins)
- District 6 male (unknown death)
- District 9 female (killed by Brutus, confirmed by the actress)
- District 10 female (unknown death)
- Seeder (unknown death)
21st: District 9 male (killed by Peeta)
23rd: Woof (unknown death, he was presumably the second dead, because fell off his plate)
24th: District 5 male (killed by Finnick)
Hey Jade! :) Edit
I made an admin nominations awhile ago and wondering if you have seen it because it's been there for 3 weeks already! Can' you check it out please. :)
I tried several times to talk with this user, but he is very stubborn.
The District 4 female survived for 3 hours, 32 seconds and 27 seconds, because her picture appears at that time. It is pretty impossible her picture appears 3 hours after her death. Look at this image:
Then, District 10 is a very poor district. We can assume this, since Katniss said the very wealthy districts were 1, 2 and 4, so the very poor districts should be three: 10, 11 and 12. Please, deal with this user.
Wikia's Comic-Con TeamEdit
Hey there! I'm sure you already saw that one of our Wikia staff members posted this blog asking for Wikians going to the San Diego Comic-Con to be a part of our Wikia team! We are hoping to get a bunch of people involved so I was wondering if we could add it to the main page under Featured Article or link to it from the Community Messages section? Let me know what you think, thanks! Grace (profile)•(talk) 19:55, July 8, 2014 (UTC)
Film Actor/Actress on Character Pages Edit
So I was editing pages today, and have a important question and Mia told me to ask you. On most of the Characters page (example Gloss page) there's a section called "Film Portrayal" I was thinking is it really needed if that information is already listed in the character box on the top of the page. - Justin
05:21, July 14, 2014 (UTC)
RE: Your messageEdit
Hey Jade! Yeaterday, Justin informed me that he would delete the "Victor" category since it is practically the same as the "Mentor" category. He asked me if I could help me remove them since he did not know how to do it himself, and there was some problem with his browser, so I did. However, I encountered a problem. I don´t know if this is some sort of problem with my computer, but for me, there is no way of removing categories on pages where you have to edit in source mode. I can do it easily in edit mode, but not in source. So I´m wonder if it´s some sort of issue with wikia, or if it´s just some other trick, or if it´s just my brower/comuter which is the culprit? :3
Reply: "Victor" categoryEdit
Yeah, then it´s probably because I use a computer. When I edit source mode, it looks like this:
So I can't remove categories. Could you remove the "Victor" category from the pages that require source mode please? Some include Brutus, Enobaria, Katniss, Peeta, Haymitch, Finnick, Beetee ect.
split rebellion article?Edit
on katniss' page it says about how 30 actresses auditioned and stuff, should that bit be left or removed like the other film portrayal sections
Edit: also on rues page where it says "There was some backlash from the public at the casting of an African American actress when it was first announced, but Stenberg merely responded that she was glad to be a part of the film."
Hi. Scuse me to bother you, but please don't re-undo Prim's page, because at the start of Catching Fire only 5 months and 2 weeks were passed from the end of the games, so we must keep she was 12 at the start of Catching Fire.
About the time, we are sure, the start of Catching Fire is placed 5 months and 2 weeks after the end of the games, because the Tour Victory is placed 6 months after the start of the games and the games lasted two weeks. Then, even if Prim had her birthday before the start of Catching Fire, we should write 12/13, because we know Katniss was still 16 at the start of Catching Fire.
Jade chat --
Why do we have the category "Mentors". There is only 2 proven mentors, and they are Haymitch and Chaff. And even Chaff is debatable. "Victors" is much more appropriate as everyone who wins is a victor.
Oh yeh, forgot about them. But people like Enobaria, Brutus, Cashmere, Gloss and all the unamed tributes. Shouldnt they have "Victors" rather than "Mentors"
I'm sorry, but Johanna was certainly 17 when she won.
Not to offend someone, but here people don't know the math and the logic.
Every Hunger Games was placed on July, so she was 4 years old younger. Johanna was 21 during the 75th Hunger Games, so she was 17 during the 71st Hunger Games.
During her games Johanna was 17 or almost 18 (but anyhow she was 17). AH, COLLINS CONFIRMED THAT SHE WAS 21 DURING CF, NOT DURING MJ.
- It's possible that her birthday was placed before July, then she was 17 during the 71st Hunger Games, 21 during CF and 21 during MJ.
- But her birthday could be after July, then she was 17 (almost 18) during the 71st Hunger Games, 21 during CF and 22 during MJ.
Here is why I wrote what I wrote. So, please don't undo my edits.
I heard you wanted to talk to me... Edit
I'll be on chat, rignt now. :P
17:01, August 23, 2014 (UTC)
We Need to TalkEdit
Congratulations on making a fantastic wiki! I really spend almost a whole day here reading the interesting articles which were so detailed! This is a great wiki.Mughees J. Simpson (talk) 17:30, August 26, 2014 (UTC)
Important Stuff Edit
Jade, by any chance can you come on chat for a bit, right now?
23:45, August 30, 2014 (UTC)
22.214.171.124 21:06, September 1, 2014 (UTC)
Hunger Games Community AppEdit
Hey, Rainbow Shifter! Wikia is in the process of working on a Hunger Games Wiki community app and we could really use your help! Would you or the other admins mind helping us curate categories for the THG Community App? The curation lives on this page and there are instructions on there for adding/removing categories that will appear in the app itself. Let me know if you have any questions! P.S. The page says Game Guides right now but that will change eventually! Grace (profile)•(talk) 21:42, September 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Great! Let me know if you have any questions about it :) Grace (profile)•(talk) 18:26, September 8, 2014 (UTC)
Recently the odds are seen in each tribute's training. They use to be in the trivia section, but Erlend wrote them in the training section for each tribute.
This is wrong. The odds were in fact based on the Capitol's people's opinion on these tributes, which judges them on their capabilities, but they're are proper ways to make an article for a character. Each tribute's odds were not judged on their capabilities, but on their chances of winning. In fact, some of the tribute's odds were high, but they died earlier in the games. Look at the District 8 male, his odds were 3-1 and he was the first dead, Katniss's odds were 23-1, and she won her games.
The odds are reliable in fact, since the screen writers put them down, it gives us a hint of what they could of what the director or possibly Suzanne Collins could tells them abut their capabilities on them, but you have to remember it's called "Betting", they we're based by their judgmental opinions about them. If we were to put them up on the Training summary, it would be accurate, but give a misconception towards the reader and the page, stating that the odds definitely were based on the tribute's capabilities.
So in conclusion, I think we should just put the odds for each tribute, in the Trivia category, and I truly think this is the fairest option. They are reliable and unreliable at the same time. I even tried to compromise with Erlend and Justin, but they simply denied with the no valid reason.
Hey, Rainbow Shifter :) Just sent you an e-mail! Please take a look at it and get back to me as soon as you can with any ideas or questions you might have! Grace (profile)•(talk) 19:03, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
Wikia curated Mockingjay soundtrackEdit
My name is Jamie and I'm on the Community Team over here at Wikia. Since finding out that Lorde is going to be curating the Mockingjay soundtrack we thought we'd try doing something fun and a little different by collaboratively curating a Wikia Mockingjay soundtrack.
What we were thinking was that we'd post a blog over at the Music Hub and take YouTube submissions in the comments. Then after a couple of weeks put the YouTube submissions together in a YouTube Playlist and have users vote on their favorites narrowing it down. If we posted this, would the Hunger Games Wiki be down to help spread the word about it? We're going to get the first round of submissions going in at the beginning of October. We'll let you know when the url is ready. Thanks so much!